NFL 2024 | Let's Football

Got a break there. That should have been a DPI in the endzone.

Congratulations to Patrick Mahomes and the refs for this incredible achievement.

Why NFL commentators keep stating that JJ McCarthy was the starter when he wasn't. Since OTAs Darnold has been given nearly all the snaps with the first team offense and the rest has been split between Mullens and McCarthy with Mullens getting more reps than McCarthy. The only thing that changed during preseason is that McCarthy improved faster than anticipated and it was rumored that KOC was considering promoting him to backup ahead of Mullens.

I don't know if it's ignorance or if they are trying to create a "story".

I love Jerry. To say this the week after he re-signs Dak for $60m a year is something else. Had he paid Dak and Lamb early on in the off-season they would have been quite a bit cheaper and the savings would be enough to afford the $8m a year Henry is on.

Last edited:

I love Jerry. To say this the week after he re-signs Dak for $60m a year is something else. Had he paid Dak and Lamb early on in the off-season they would have been quite a bit cheaper and the savings would be enough to afford the $8m a year Henry is on.

He never tried for Henry he always wanted Zeke. Jerry has always had his favourites

Was listening to 105.3 The Fan Dallas via internet this morning. They were talking about this Jerry chatter along with the game. They brought up how the third string QB cost them 5.31m guaranteed money after picking up his 4.255m roster bonus this year, the failure to get Dak and Lamb signed beforehand to maybe squeeze in a high tier free agent or two, and how Zeke's dead cap money from that shit contract extension a while back is 6m this year. That's over 11m in garbage cap management. It's the kind of decision making that would get a GM fired.

Is Doug Pederson considered an elite NFL coach? He's won a Super Bowl but he's also only had one double digit winning season. Compare that to McCarthy who gets clowned on regularly but has 11 double digit winning seasons and a Super Bowl. It seems Pederson is more well respected but take that one season out and his record is kind of average.

The Jags are a bunch of JAGs. I did not think they would be anywhere near this shit when selecting them in the team wins pool.

I know it's just one game but he looked like Lamar with a better arm.

@Charlie Foley

Hargrave out for the season with a partially torn tricep. Genuinely afraid to open the Niners news these days, this season is mad.

At least one good thing came from the weekend though - Purdy can seemingly perform without his stars.

Completed 22 of his 30 attempts for 292 yards, three touchdowns and a 137.1 rating against the Rams. That is with 6 (SIX) drops and 2 throwaways. 28 of his passes were rated as catchable. Also did well with his legs. Looking like we might have the franchise QB.

@Charlie Foley

Hargrave out for the season with a partially torn tricep. Genuinely afraid to open the Niners news these days, this season is mad.

At least one good thing came from the weekend though - Purdy can seemingly perform without his stars.

Completed 22 of his 30 attempts for 292 yards, three touchdowns and a 137.1 rating against the Rams. That is with 6 (SIX) drops and 2 throwaways. 28 of his passes were rated as catchable. Also did well with his legs. Looking like we might have the franchise QB.
It just goes to show that the round you get drafted in really does cloud people's perceptions of a player. Had Purdy been a first or second round QB he would have been unanimously declared by fans and journalists as an undisputable franchise QB 12 months earlier.