NFL 2024 | Let's Football

that was a pretty good lateral scramble at least. Preseason practice almost paid off.

Another really good performance from Purdy in another loss. Frustrating start to the season

Ronnie Bell sucks

There were 5 seconds before the field goal
Refball. They snapped it at 4 and spiked it on the 3 second mark. How they added an extra second to that I dunno.

Edit: nvm. Shanahat called TO on the 5 second mark. What a genius.

Refball. They snapped it at 4 and spiked it on the 3 second mark. How they added an extra second to that I dunno.
They said the niners called a time out first hence the extra second. What I don’t understand is why they didn’t then make the rams resnap the ball. They just added a second and took off the timeout

They said the niners called a time out first hence the extra second. What I don’t understand is why they didn’t then make the rams resnap the ball. They just added a second and took off the timeout
Rams had no time outs so they couldn't take another snap. It's quite ingenious from Shanahat because it meant that they would be guaranteed a return.

Edit: am I stupid? I think I am. Perhaps McVay didn't realise it was a TO and didn't get them to snap again.

Some wild decisions by Shanhan to lose that game. His genius as a play caller & designer allows him to get away with bad situational coaching

Rams had no time outs so they couldn't take another snap. It's quite ingenious from Shanahat because it meant that they would be guaranteed a return.
What ? No. It was second down. The reason they added the extra second is because they said we used our last time out with 5 seconds left. You don’t need a time out as the offence there, the niners timeout was called it’s still second down, you can spike the ball which stops the clock. Rams chose to kick

What ? No. It was second down. The reason they added the extra second is because they said we used our last time out with 5 seconds left. You don’t need a time out as the offence there, the niners timeout was called it’s still second down, you can spike the ball which stops the clock. Rams chose to kick
Ignore me. I've had a few beers. I corrected myself after I typed that.

Some wild decisions by Shanhan to lose that game. His genius as a play caller & designer allows him to get away with bad situational coaching
A few odd ones alright. Although individual mistakes like the Bell drops hugely change the narrative. And then little things like the play before the missed field goal, if they go up the gut it’s likely same yardage and Moody is kicking more centrally-though our o line was a sieve at that point so I get it.

Losing is an easier pill to swallow when the Cowboys and Bucs also lose.

Just need to the Chiefs to thrash the Falcons now.

Losing is an easier pill to swallow when the Cowboys and Bucs also lose.

Just need to the Chiefs to thrash the Falcons now.
We don't thrash teams. It will come down to the last play, as most of our games tend to do. And we'll probably take the W.

We don't thrash teams. It will come down to the last play, as most of our games tend to do. And we'll probably take the W.

Good enough for me. I’ll be placing Mahomes on fraud watch if I wake up to a Falcons win tomorrow.

The way your last 2 went, Mahomes either has a monster game today, or you will lose I reckon.
Think we'll be alright. Call it arrogant but I've seen us stink up the place so many times and we still manage to get it done in the end.

I'll be fuming if their challenge is successful for a 4th down stop. We clearly got the first down on our 3rd down play but the zebras marked it short and Reid failed to challenge it.

Edit: okay good it was unsuccessful. That would have been bullshit v

Damn, I know it didn't matter, but "roughing the passer" for that. They'll have 'em wearing dresses next.

Death by a thousand cuts. Their D should be knackered by the end.

That "roughing the passer" against the Chiefs did matter and it was a worse call than the previous one.

That "roughing the passer" against the Chiefs did matter and it was a worse call than the previous one.
Made worse by the refs also not calling the most blatant offensive holding on Karlaftis for the big play. That was so obvious I'm genuinely shocked it wasn't called.

Look up Babe Laufenberg.
Seen him play. Along with Gary Hogebum, Steve Walsh, you name them I’ve seen them. The Steve Pelluer years however were just a terrible time with no hope. Babe’s year at least had Aikman waiting in the wings. Until they start winning I’m just gonna leave it be for awhile. Too much moaning from me. I sound like your matchday thread.

Intentionally kicking a fumble out of bounds should result in a turnover.