NFL 2024 | Let's Football

Also, filthy move by London on Darius Slay for that TD. He is so good, Kirk finally looked somewhat like his old self in that final drive.

Looked like Philly were playing prevent defence, which was an odd choice with so long to go. Give any half decent QB loads of space to throw into with zero pocket pressure, they’re gonna take huge chunks play after play.

All of the favourites for the AFC and NFC apart from one team lost this week.

49ers
Lions
Eagles
Ravens
Bengals

Eagles run defense is terrible. Kamara is going to stomp all over them next week.

CJGJ also got lucky on that 4th down stop. He definitely took his helmet off, I don't know what the commentators were seeing.

3rd and 3, just run it, even if it's no gain, it eats the clock, and you can take the field goal. If it's minimal gain, you can QB sneak and it's game over. If they stop the sneak, the Falcons go from inside their own 10 with 40 seconds and no timeouts. Saquon should have caught it, but it wasn't worth the risk.

Also going for it on 4th down in the 1st quarter instead of taking the points, boneheaded. I assume that's on Sirianni and not Moore.

Very weird call on that 3rd and 3 at the end for the Eagles. When I heard it was a Barkley drop I assumed I'd be watching an RPO play with the pass option available if someone was wide open. But it looks like it was just a designed pass play to the RB. Very dumb to call that there, even though Barkley should have caught it to ice the game.

l0l4xquumapd1.png

a9f8e063b09cd10f56826879b4b103c144f43df5.gif

It was the right call and Hurts made the perfect throw so don't see how the call can be blamed for that. In the end though with this defence we won't win against any decent QB

Nothing wrong with the call, had to catch that one

It was the right call and Hurts made the perfect throw so don't see how the call can be blamed for that. In the end though with this defence we won't win against any decent QB

It was a good throw, and Barkley will catch that easily more often than not, so it's hard to say it was an egregious call, but when you choose to pass it, you introduce more factors into the equation for how it could go wrong. Running it is just the safer choice in that situation, and you bleed the clock more. Cousins with 40 secs on the clock with the whole field to go is imo unlikely to conduct that winning drive.

Kareem's back. With him and Butker we've got both sides of the misogyny spectrum covered.

It was a good throw, and Barkley will catch that easily more often than not, so it's hard to say it was an egregious call, but when you choose to pass it, you introduce more factors into the equation for how it could go wrong. Running it is just the safer choice in that situation, and you bleed the clock more. Cousins with 40 secs on the clock with the whole field to go is imo unlikely to conduct that winning drive.

Yeah, that distance and time would be tough but I was surprised to learn he has 23 4thQtr comebacks in his career, 8 which came in 2022. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/comeback.cgi?player=CousKi00

All-time list https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_career.htm