NFL 2024 | Let's Football

I think we're heading towards a 2-week preseason, followed by an 18-week regular season including two bye weeks for each team.

For East coast teams London is only 1 or 2 hours longer to fly to than places like SF, LA or Seattle on the West coast so shouldn't make much of a difference. For West coast teams it's a longer journey (10 hours LA to London), but can easily be arranged that they are flying out after a TNF game or with a bye before/after their London game.

I don't think we'll see a London based team in the near future but it won't be because of logistical issues, rather that they don't think the market is there for it yet.
I think there’s a lot of challenges to overcome to have a London based team. Ability to attract players, facilities, lots of things. And logistics shouldn’t be overlooked. Remember that east / west coast teams will play 3 road games which are (relatively) close by a year. The maximum distance to travel is the 6h flight. A London based team would have a minimum 6h flight for 8/9 games a year. It’s not impossible to navigate, but all of that complexity feeds into the broader challenges and begs the question, does being in London potentially limit your access to free agents for one reason or another - more so than as a US team.

I think a London based NFL team absolutely has the market for it. It’s the “other stuff” that’s a challenge.

If there was going to be a “London team”, in my view it’d first be some form of hybrid dual location team. In other words an expansion / bit more formality to what the Jags currently are.

I think there’s a lot of challenges to overcome to have a London based team. Ability to attract players, facilities, lots of things. And logistics shouldn’t be overlooked. Remember that east / west coast teams will play 3 road games which are (relatively) close by a year. The maximum distance to travel is the 6h flight. A London based team would have a minimum 6h flight for 8/9 games a year. It’s not impossible to navigate, but all of that complexity feeds into the broader challenges and begs the question, does being in London potentially limit your access to free agents for one reason or another - more so than as a US team.

I think a London based NFL team absolutely has the market for it. It’s the “other stuff” that’s a challenge.

If there was going to be a “London team”, in my view it’d first be some form of hybrid dual location team. In other words an expansion / bit more formality to what the Jags currently are.
Yeah fair points. I hadn't thought about the attractiveness of it to US players but on the other hand, it's or 8 or 9 games in a 4-month span and you're free to do whatever you want those other 8 during the off-season. You can be in the US during bye weeks, for preseason, and all of your away games as well. It's something to take into account but not a deal breaker imo when loads and loads of players play for a team far away from their home state, a Miami native playing in Seattle isn't that much different than a NY native playing in London, apart from being in an actual different country of course.

Yeah fair points. I hadn't thought about the attractiveness of it to US players but on the other hand, it's or 8 or 9 games in a 4-month span and you're free to do whatever you want those other 8 during the off-season. You can be in the US during bye weeks, for preseason, and all of your away games as well. It's something to take into account but not a deal breaker imo when loads and loads of players play for a team far away from their home state, a Miami native playing in Seattle isn't that much different than a NY native playing in London, apart from being in an actual different country of course.
Just remember these are the same ‘Murican’s who brought toilet paper with them to the UK for their international game … :lol:

And there, I have done it. Raised a chargeback for my charge from DAZN. Worst company I’ve ever dealt with bar none. No game pass again this year, it seems. Which sucks colossally.

And there, I have done it. Raised a chargeback for my charge from DAZN. Worst company I’ve ever dealt with bar none. No game pass again this year, it seems. Which sucks colossally.
I've had access to the full package, including playoffs and whatnot, for €60 per year the last two seasons, while that was something like €180 on NFL GamePass previously. Just because I had the light package on GamePass and they've kept that pricing on DAZN. First communication was that it'd only be for one season but they did it again for 2024. Not one complaint from this side :lol:

I've had access to the full package, including playoffs and whatnot, for €60 per year the last two seasons, while that was something like €180 on NFL GamePass previously. Just because I had the light package on GamePass and they've kept that pricing on DAZN. First communication was that it'd only be for one season but they did it again for 2024. Not one complaint from this side :lol:
:lol:

The level of their ineptitude is something.

I’m happy to hear someone is fecking them over intentional or not!

I was going to advocate for: “Are you ready for some football?!” for the title amendment, but I understand most here probably weren’t into the sport at the time.

Wait wow I was going to use an almost similar phrase for Thursday when it all kicks off. Either that or "Let's Football"

Sunday is obviously "SEVEN Hours of commercial free.........." :drool:

Edit: That is not the drool emoji ffs

Wow, did not think this would get resolved before the season started.

Wait wow I was going to use an almost similar phrase for Thursday when it all kicks off. Either that or "Let's Football"

Sunday is obviously "SEVEN Hours of commercial free.........." :drool:

Edit: That is not the drool emoji ffs
Eh, it’s Scott Hanson you were thinking of: you get a free pass with the hearts emoji.

A week from now I'll wake up, make a coffee, go sit on the couch and watch that first Game in 40' Ravens @ Chiefs game.

There is no better start to a Friday morning than that :drool:

Been watching this Netflix series about the Cowboys Cheerleaders.

fecking hell what an exploitative, manipulative, horrible organisation that is.

How is this still a thing?
DCC is the first thing that pops into my head whenever hearing the opening chords of Thunderstruck now

And the Niners are set

Apparently that's the deal that's been on the table since 8th August. It clearly wasn't ONLY about money though considering the obscene deal the Patriots allegedly offered.

As a Giants fan its hard to get hyped for this season :lol: a shame the Vikings are so fecked with injuries, that division will be so competitive and fun to watch.

As a Giants fan its hard to get hyped for this season :lol: a shame the Vikings are so fecked with injuries, that division will be so competitive and fun to watch.
Second coming of OBJ on your squad, but won't matter that much if Daniel Jones can't get it together.

Second coming of OBJ on your squad, but won't matter that much if Daniel Jones can't get it together.

Yeah fecking stupid to win those unnecessary games and piss their draft position away when the season was already lost. Could have had an exciting rookie QB.

Eh, it’s Scott Hanson you were thinking of: you get a free pass with the hearts emoji.
No no. I didn't see the drool emoji so I typed drool within colons to get it. But, looks like the new editor considers :drool: as drooling

Lot of the rumours were he didn't really want to leave so there was a game of chicken going on between him and the FO.
Apparently that's the deal that's been on the table since 8th August. It clearly wasn't ONLY about money though considering the obscene deal the Patriots allegedly offered.
Yeah it is kind of strange. Was reportedly getting much better offers elsewhere. Niners tried to trade him by all accounts but guess didn't receive a good package. So, he just signs the deal that had been on the table for weeks.

No no. I didn't see the drool emoji so I typed drool within colons to get it. But, looks like the new editor considers :drool: as drooling

Yeah it is kind of strange. Was reportedly getting much better offers elsewhere. Niners tried to trade him by all accounts but guess didn't receive a good package. So, he just signs the deal that had been on the table for weeks.

There was an interview with a college or school coach of his who said he likes to win more than anything, so guess he wanted to be at contender and get paid. The teams putting offers on the table weren’t exactly contenders so he held out for the Niners. Been a lot of tedious shenanigans with this one so he’d better perform or he’ll be in the doghouse again

He was a nice story and all but he didn't look anywhere near good enough to be close to getting a roster spot.

Looks like the bullet entered through his peck and exited near the shoulder. Don't think we'll see him catching balls for a while.

They released pics of his xray. Looks like he good!

got-that-dog-in-him.png

I've always fancied visiting San Francisco but all you hear is stabbings, shootings or other violence there.

Thank god real football is on the horizon

Have 49ers retired yet? Their latest runs have been brutal.