NFL 2024 | Let's Football

Better pass than that Mahomes one. Odunze is a baller as well, gonna be a fun offense hopefully if the playcalling can be a bit creative.

NFL defenders don't like it if they feel disrespected, wouldn't surprise me if they put it extra hard on him if they can get to him in the regular season after Mahomes tries something like that.

The behind the back pass was cheeky, clever, and cool in a “wtf is he gonna do next” kinda way, but it’s a bit of a show pony stunt that many QBs could probably pull off in the right circumstances but just wouldn’t even try.

The fact he did it is cool, but it’s not a measure of skill or anything. The Caleb pass above is definitely more impressive on that front.

Both pre-season though. Same reason I’m not getting excited about Bodacious Nix yet.

Yeah he's amazing but the no-look (not just Mahomes) and behind the back crap passes are cheap gimmicks.

How the feck is flag football and official event for the Olympics. How many countries actually play flag football?

I know, I know, preseason. But still.

I'm more interested to see how well he does in the pocket. He's got a goodish o-line so you would hope he's not having to scramble as much as he has been in preseason. Plus I know one of the things that was said going into the draft was that there isn't anywhere near as much footage of him throwing in the pocket than some of the other QBs (granted they don't have the ability to do what he does outside).

How the feck is flag football and official event for the Olympics. How many countries actually play flag football?
They need to get rid of some sports in Olympics, not adding more

I expect it's more popular than you think. I'd certainly rather watch that over crap like break dancing anyway.

I expect it's more popular than you think. I'd certainly rather watch that over crap like break dancing anyway.

It's an easy way for the USA to win another gold medal. According to the Olympics own website there will be strong teams from the USA and Mexico. With potentially another handful of countries "showing promise" :lol:

It's an easy way for the USA to win another gold medal. According to the Olympics own website there will be strong teams from the USA and Mexico. With potentially another handful of countries "showing promise" :lol:

Probably thought the same about the basketball too.

Who else travels a good distance for training camp besides the Cowboys?

Dunno about distances but 8 teams travel for training camp. Ours is an hour away at St Joseph's Missouri and I don't think the players go back home to KC until it's over.

Dunno about distances but 8 teams travel for training camp. Ours is an hour away at St Joseph's Missouri and I don't think the players go back home to KC until it's over.

They don't go back home all camp even though they're just an hour away? I travel an hour just to get into the office :lol:

I expect Dallas go to Cali because of the weather. That's not to say it's chilly in Oxnard, but it's at least not the 40 degrees Celsius they'd been dealing with in Frisco.

I feel like there’s background to this tweet that we’re missing
The context is that the empty room was Ceedee Lamb's and the fire was started by Jerry Jones lighting up the contract he was about to offer him before the holdout.

There will be actual, meaningful NFL football played in two weeks time, guys. WE ARE ALMOST THERE.

Starting with a banger as well, Ravens @ Chiefs.

Also, that early afternoon slate on RedZone is looking delicious.
Steelers @ Falcons: new QBs making their debut for both teams
Cards @ Bills: MHJ debut, very likely going for a 19-245-3 statline
Titans @ Bears: Caleb Williams.
Pats @ Bengals: would be Drake Maye debut but looking unlikely. Pats suck anyway and long may it continue.
Texans @ Colts: CJ Stroud vs comeback A-Rich.
Jags @ Fins: okay I don't find anything for this one but Achane might run for 250 yards and the Miami offense is fun to watch.
Panthers @ Saints: Bryce Young comeback SZN.
Vikings @ Giants: Sam Darnold debut and the Malik Nabers show.

Then in the late window you have the Minshew-led Raiders against the Harbaugh-coached Chargers, and Bo Nix and Jayden Daniels making their NFL debut.

I'm too excited for this one. Day off on Monday the 9th already confirmed.

Last edited:
There will be actual, meaningful NFL football played in two weeks time, guys. WE ARE ALMOST THERE.

Starting with a banger as well, Ravens @ Chiefs.

Also, that early afternoon slate on RedZone is looking delicious.
Steelers @ Falcons: new QBs making their debut for both teams
Cards @ Bills: MHJ debut, very likely going for a 19-245-3 statline
Titans @ Bears: Caleb Williams.
Pats @ Bengals: would be Drake Maye debut but looking unlikely. Pats suck anyway and long may it continue.
Texans @ Colts: CJ Stroud vs comeback A-Rich.
Jags @ Fins: okay I don't find anything for this one but Achane might run for 250 yards and the Miami offense is fun to watch.
Panthers @ Saints: Bryce Young comeback SZN.
Vikings @ Giants: Sam Darnold debut and the Malik Nabers show.

Then in the late window you have the Minshew-led Raiders against the Harbaugh-coached Chargers, and Bo Nix and Jayden Daniels making their NFL debut.

I'm too excited for this one. Day off on Monday the 9th already confirmed.
thank feck for that! Offseason takes for ever

thank feck for that! Offseason takes for ever
Exactly. Saw a Tweet the other day along the lines of "can almost imagine myself under a blanket on a crisp autumn Sunday afternoon hearing the words "and seven hours of commercial free football starts... now" and it's been a long time since something resonated so hard with me :lol:

Preseason Week 3 New
Jahan Dotson to the Eagles for pennies on the dollar, what a move for Philly. Still very much believe in his talent, and now has Kellen Moore as OC who made Keenan and Lamb PPR machines out of the slot. If he consistently can stay on the field of course because don’t think he’ll see much if any playtime in 2WR sets.

Commanders get some draft capital, potentially to acquire Aiyuk? Would be a strange move to trade away a potential safety blanket for your rookie QB if not.

Jahan Dotson to the Eagles for pennies on the dollar, what a move for Philly. Still very much believe in his talent, and now has Kellen Moore as OC who made Keenan and Lamb PPR machines out of the slot. If he consistently can stay on the field of course because don’t think he’ll see much if any playtime in 2WR sets.

Commanders get some draft capital, potentially to acquire Aiyuk? Would be a strange move to trade away a potential safety blanket for your rookie QB if not.

Good move, they needed a WR3. I was hoping they'd re-sign Zaccheaus at the time, but this is obviously the better move. And for a 3rd round pick, which they had 2 of, and 2 7ths, which they had 4 of, it's practically nothing.