NFL 2024 | Let's Football

Should be some sort of retribution for the Niners, as they clearly knew and didn't mention that CMC wasn't gonna play a few days in advance.

Genuine question - do they have to? Is that a rule in the NFL?
Each team has to disclose all injuries on the injury report, no matter how small they are. Violation of that policy can result fines or loss of future draft picks.

According to the league it's "a cornerstone of public confidence in the NFL for many decades, and the credibility of the NFL, teams, owners and team personnel requires full compliance with and uniform enforcement of the policy". In reality, it's to keep the gambling industry happy I'd imagine.

The Bengals were investigated last season because they didn't report Burrow's injury which was a season-ending wrist injury, but in the end they weren't found guilty of any breaches. It's probably why Shanahan was so quick to overturn Mason's comments about him knowing tha the'd start on Friday, and said that he just told Mason he'd "get a significant workload". It kinda proves that they simply knew way in advance CMC wasn't gonna be suited up for the game but they still listed him as questionable on the final injury report on Saturday. The NFL could argue that it was done to keep the Jets in the unknown, but hard to prove that kind of stuff. It's why Mason had better kept quiet about the timeline at the very least.

Each team has to disclose all injuries on the injury report, no matter how small they are. Violation of that policy can result fines or loss of future draft picks.

According to the league it's "a cornerstone of public confidence in the NFL for many decades, and the credibility of the NFL, teams, owners and team personnel requires full compliance with and uniform enforcement of the policy". In reality, it's to keep the gambling industry happy I'd imagine.

The Bengals were investigated last season because they didn't report Burrow's injury which was a season-ending wrist injury, but in the end they weren't found guilty of any breaches. It's probably why Shanahan was so quick to overturn Mason's comments about him knowing tha the'd start on Friday, and said that he just told Mason he'd "get a significant workload". It kinda proves that they simply knew way in advance CMC wasn't gonna be suited up for the game but they still listed him as questionable on the final injury report on Saturday. The NFL could argue that it was done to keep the Jets in the unknown, but hard to prove that kind of stuff. It's why Mason had better kept quiet about the timeline at the very least.

Never knew that, thanks for the explanation. Seems like they tested CMC on game day, so they've been covering their arses at least.

Be typical Niners if Mason ends up in the doghouse after that performance.

Throw the book at them. Ruined my bet :lol:

Not as much as Will Levis did mind.

That Jordan Mason post-game interview is a hard watch imo. Visibly upset after a night he should remember only for positive things, that sucks.

The initial loan he took out was for $5m with a 15 percent interest rate, which then rose to 23 percent ( :lol: ) when he missed the first payment. Despite paying off some of it the debt rose to $8.3m in 2021 and now he's in the red for over $12m and has had his assets seized.

Goes to show that getting the shit beaten out of you on the field for 14 years might not leave you with the soundest of minds.

Last edited:
He ain't gonna do much at Nebraska, most likely. Guess he was swayed by his dad's alma mater over sticking with his OSU commitment, but feck that Ohio school anyhow.

But still surprising he chose Nebraska as a five-star consensus top 10 rated high school QB with a list of top tier programs to choose from that would put him in position to fully develop and showcase his potential talents. Mahomes was not rated anywhere near that top range coming out of high school, in the three-star range, receiving offers from Houston, Rice, and Tech amongst others from lower levels.

Last edited:
Interesting nugget: the Saints ran a league-high 88% of their plays with pre-snap motion last week, dropping a 47-burger on the Panthers (I know, it's the Panters, but still). They were dead last in pre-snap motion across the entirety of last season. Early days but it looks like Kubiak has completely revamped and rejuvenated this offense, excited for what's to come. Olave still needs to get involved more, Kamara is still the beast he always was, Shaheed is a Jameson Williams-type homerun threat on every play, and even Taysom Hill's existence might become bearable.

And the above also really confirms our priors that pre-snap motion is a cheat code in today's game. On the other end of the spectrum, Kliff Kingsbury had Terry McLaurin line up as the LWR on 87% of his snaps. 0 snaps in the slot, 0 snaps with pre-motion. Way to criminally utilize your best WR for your rookie QB.

Interesting nugget: the Saints ran a league-high 88% of their plays with pre-snap motion last week, dropping a 47-burger on the Panthers (I know, it's the Panters, but still). They were dead last in pre-snap motion across the entirety of last season. Early days but it looks like Kubiak has completely revamped and rejuvenated this offense, excited for what's to come. Olave still needs to get involved more, Kamara is still the beast he always was, Shaheed is a Jameson Williams-type homerun threat on every play, and even Taysom Hill's existence might become bearable.

I’ve read a lot of ‘calm down it’s the Panthers’ this week, which is fair enough because it was the fecking Panthers. But stuff like this is great because it’s divorced from what Panthers were doing. It’s looking at what the Saints were doing in isolation, irrespective of what the Panthers were doing, which is what is exciting.

No one expects us to go the Cowboys for their home opener and win, but I’m quietly confident of going there and causing an upset.

Screenshot-20240912-131031.png

Close game on paper considering the Dolphins are at home and it's being played in hot weather. But the Bills are 11 out of the last 12 against them. The Dolphins have been piss poor with Tua against decent opposition too. There will be more questions asked about Tua's deal if he can't answer his critics tonight with a win because their roster is miles better.

The Jax will name their stadium after Trevor Lawrence for next game.

I thought he was going to cut his hair. This is even more cheesy.

How is it possible that Sky don’t have Bills v Dolphins highlights until 3pm tomorrow. They usually have multiple replays all morning, but no, tomorrow they are replaying some Chiefs documentary that they’ve been showing all summer, as well as last weekend highlights that they’ve been repeating all week.

How is it possible that Sky don’t have Bills v Dolphins highlights until 3pm tomorrow. They usually have multiple replays all morning, but no, tomorrow they are replaying some Chiefs documentary that they’ve been showing all summer, as well as last weekend highlights that they’ve been repeating all week.
Sounds great. What you moaning about?

The third int being nearly as bad as the Levis one.

Tua attempted a rush. Got hit in the head. Looks concussed.

I'm being serious when I say Tua should never step on a football field again
Yep, that was a gruesome image, looked like a UFC fighter who just got knocked out. He has already secured his bag, he should just retire for his own safety at this point, however sad that is.

Also the Fins need to bring in a decent back-up because whatever it was Skylar Thompson was doing out there, that wasn't it.

Hated his guts last year for how he used Bijan and London but this actually makes sense for once.

This one is also very interesting. Lots of "Cover 2 has ruined the league" comments as well.

And now I'm gonna stop posting Tweets and start working.

What was Tua thinking dropping his shoulders like that and not protecting himself. He already had the first down. When he said over the summer that he wanted to run the ball more, I think a few people must have had this moment in the back of their minds.

It was quite strange watching on the short highlights. It looked like a big hit and then it cut straight away to a different QB.

What was Tua thinking dropping his shoulders like that and not protecting himself. He already had the first down. When he said over the summer that he wanted to run the ball more, I think a few people must have had this moment in the back of their minds.

It was quite strange watching on the short highlights. It looked like a big hit and then it cut straight away to a different QB.
Exactly this. Bizarre action by him to try to shoulder charge the other guy's knees.

The after effect looked awful. Someone might need to protect him from himself and take him away from football before he kills himself.