NFL 2024 | Let's Football

It just goes to show that the round you get drafted in really does cloud people's perceptions of a player. Had Purdy been a first or second round QB he would have been unanimously declared by fans and journalists as an undisputable franchise QB 12 months earlier.
And Bryce Young wouldn’t get close to a starting job.

It just goes to show that the round you get drafted in really does cloud people's perceptions of a player. Had Purdy been a first or second round QB he would have been unanimously declared by fans and journalists as an undisputable franchise QB 12 months earlier.

The talking heads don’t want to give up on their assessments of him either, with none of them thinking a player they grade so lowly, seemingly without any of the standout physical attributes, could ever be a franchise QB

@Charlie Foley

Hargrave out for the season with a partially torn tricep. Genuinely afraid to open the Niners news these days, this season is mad.

At least one good thing came from the weekend though - Purdy can seemingly perform without his stars.

Completed 22 of his 30 attempts for 292 yards, three touchdowns and a 137.1 rating against the Rams. That is with 6 (SIX) drops and 2 throwaways. 28 of his passes were rated as catchable. Also did well with his legs. Looking like we might have the franchise QB.
Yeah he was excellent. Again. The idiots will still insist they’re right though

He has literally no pocket presence. I mean, farcical. Yes terrible o-line and all that but I’ve never seen someone so oblivious to the fact that they be being rushed.

This is very worthy of a suspension. I don't think he spits as the title suggests.

Edit: Maybe it's not as bad as it looks and he's just going for the ball. I dunno.

Last edited:
This is very worthy of a suspension. I don't think he spits as the title suggests.

Edit: Maybe it's not as bad as it looks and he's just going for the ball. I dunno.

There's a closer slowmo angle which definitely shows a spit as 98 gets up, but I'm not convinced he's spitting on Smith, but most likely on to the turf next to him.

Also the tweet isnt quite right, and doesn't actually show the 'spear'. It's 97 who smashes into the black of Smith and his helmet flies off, which I thought could have been a penalty. Forward progress was stopped and he was pushed back a few yards, the hit was unnecessarily rough on a receiver going nowhere.

I don't think 98 does much wrong after that, he sees the ball and dives on it and is probably not to know Smith isn't conscious. Unless he does spit on Smith, then feck that, but I don't think he does.

Last edited:

That’s actually insane.

I'm not trying to downplay it in the slightest....but I think we'll see much more of that going forward. With kickers getting better in conjunction with most teams getting the ball at the 30 after kick off, it means that you need to move the ball 30 yards to be in scoring range with a good kicker. I really do think the NFL should have gone through with it's original plan of spotting the ball at the 35 if the kick off is out of bounds.

Great achievement though from Daniels who had perhaps the best performance I've ever seen out of a rookie QB against the Bengals. He was out of this world.

461180546_921679479990077_2680077743087920674_n.jpg

Well it’s an early must game for the Boys and Jints. I reckon the Giants will make Zimmer look like Buddy Ryan tonight and take the heat off Jerry World for the next ten days and give false hope to the fans.

I'd assumed that both grabbed facemasks and the refs just somehow missed the Cowboys player, but nope, the refs just called the penalty on the wrong team :lol::lol::lol:

Lot of key injuries at the end. Nabers with a probable concussion, Parsons carted off and Diggs struggling.

Aubrey is a machine right now, when you are playing against a team whose kicker nails 60 yard kicks then the last thing you can do is kick field goals from the 3 yard line. Very poor from Dabol