NFL 2024 | Let's Football

Only

skysports-odell-beckham-lsu_4892935.jpg

More days :drool:

People clearly listen to Nick Wright because he wouldn't be where he is without it, but I honestly don't get it. Insufferable.

People clearly listen to Nick Wright because he wouldn't be where he is without it, but I honestly don't get it. Insufferable.
He should get a lot of credit for correctly picking 4 out of the last 5 AFC Champions and 3 out of the last 5 Super Bowl winners before the season starts. Great guy. Very objective.

This Chase hold out is so fecking stupid by the Bengals ownership. Everyone knows they're going to give him a deal. Everyone also knows that his value is $35m per year. Everyone knows the guaranteed will be in the $100-110m region. Why are they dragging their feet on this?

Also:

This Chase hold out is so fecking stupid by the Bengals ownership. Everyone knows they're going to give him a deal. Everyone also knows that his value is $35m per year. Everyone knows the guaranteed will be in the $100-110m region. Why are they dragging their feet on this?

Also:

Aren't they notoriously tight arses - I don't think they've had so many top stars to pay before.

Aren't they notoriously tight arses - I don't think they've had so many top stars to pay before.
They are one of the most cash-poor franchises, reflected in things like their scouting budget.

Many were expecting this reckoning to come, but I assumed it was a year away and would be reflected in investment towards their defensive standouts.

Also the least wealthy ownership, Mike Brown is estimated at less than a billion which is quite the contrast to Jerry Jones' 14 billion dollar net worth. Guaranteed money on NFL contracts has to be put in an escrow account for future use since two years ago or so, I believe. So I wouldn't hold it against the Bengals that their ownership doesn't want to put roughly $100m away for a guy with two years left on his rookie contract (Aiyuk, Jefferson, Lamb all have been in the league longer than Chase). Likewise, I completely understand Chase that he doesn't want to risk injury in that 4th year on his rookie contract when he knows that he's worth top dollar in the market.

Also the least wealthy ownership, Mike Brown is estimated at less than a billion which is quite the contrast to Jerry Jones' 14 billion dollar net worth. Guaranteed money on NFL contracts has to be put in an escrow account for future use since two years ago or so, I believe. So I wouldn't hold it against the Bengals that their ownership doesn't want to put roughly $100m away for a guy with two years left on his rookie contract (Aiyuk, Jefferson, Lamb all have been in the league longer than Chase). Likewise, I completely understand Chase that he doesn't want to risk injury in that 4th year on his rookie contract when he knows that he's worth top dollar in the market.
Yeah that's what it is, they aren't 'NFL rich' which sort of forces their hand to be tight arses. I wonder how all this ends because it doesn't sound like they'll be able to pay all the guys, whilst paying to fill out the rest of the squad to remain competitive.

I hope I'm wrong, and maybe they can do it. Didn't the NFL just agree to 10% investment or something along those lines? Maybe Bengals can benefit from that.

Set up well for another run at number 6. Jets will be a tough opener though, still worried about the run defense.

Wonder if they’re looking at someone in free agency. Just cleared a load of cap space, and although they need to pay Purdy next year they probably need some help this. They do look all in too.

We made it, folks. The long wait is nearly over.

Roll on Sunday 6pm when I can actually watch live football. I need to fixture out a way of watching some extended highlights in the morning before work.

Roll on Sunday 6pm when I can actually watch live football. I need to fixture out a way of watching some extended highlights in the morning before work.
Agenda blocked on Friday until 10am here, and WFH next week on Monday and Tuesday.

Packers vs Eagles game on Saturday morning will also be a glorious way to start the weekend. Will need to make sure I don't try to watch a part of it live though when my drunk ass gets home Friday night at 2am.

Agenda blocked on Friday until 10am here, and WFH next week on Monday and Tuesday.

Packers vs Eagles game on Saturday morning will also be a glorious way to start the weekend. Will need to make sure I don't try to watch a part of it live though when my drunk ass gets home Friday night at 2am.
Nice. I could watch the highlights on Sky, but they show highlights between 6-7 and 8-9. I could have really done with it being 7-8 to fit with work.

I changed IPTV provider over the summer so will have to wait and see what highlights are available on Friday morning on various channels.

This is the year where it all falls apart for my Cowboys. No running back. O line pretty much done. A great defensive player being used solely as a pass rusher meaning we will be run over. At least the coach will be done

This is the year where it all falls apart for my Cowboys. No running back. O line pretty much done. A great defensive player being used solely as a pass rusher meaning we will be run over. At least the coach will be done

Zimmer can do absolute miracles on defense. He is perfectly able to keep McCarthy in Dallas for a year or two.

Zimmer can do absolute miracles on defense. He is perfectly able to keep McCarthy in Dallas for a year or two.
It’s a catch 22 isn’t it. What’s the point of keeping the coach really. He’s a yes man for Jerry just like Garrett. But of course Jerry has his eyes on Deon which will be a circus for the next 5 years.

It’s a catch 22 isn’t it. What’s the point of keeping the coach really. He’s a yes man for Jerry just like Garrett. But of course Jerry has his eyes on Deon which will be a circus for the next 5 years.

I agree. I just mentioned it because I find it kind of amusing. Though, I'm probably wrong and you will just end up with Zimmer as your head coach instead of McCarthy being saved.

On a sidenote something similar happened to the Vikings with Stefanski but Zimmer was the head coach.

Probably should go into the College football thread but everyone who posts in that one also probably posts here.

Bloody 'ell.

Edit: the caf cuts out the text at the bottom. It says:

"Former Alabama players have signed 1 billion dollars in off season NFL contracts this year"

Yeah that's what it is, they aren't 'NFL rich' which sort of forces their hand to be tight arses. I wonder how all this ends because it doesn't sound like they'll be able to pay all the guys, whilst paying to fill out the rest of the squad to remain competitive.

I hope I'm wrong, and maybe they can do it. Didn't the NFL just agree to 10% investment or something along those lines? Maybe Bengals can benefit from that.

They can pay everyone, the issue is that the NFL has an escrow rule for guaranteed salaries. So while salaries are entirely covered by revenues generated, the guaranteed part can be an immediate issue for owners that don't have the cash to put in escrow.

I appreciate how trivial this is for some of you but I can not stand DAZN.

The last thing I need on a Sunday after watching United get battered by City, Patriots losing 3-2 to the Panthers is dragging my drunk, stale ass up to bed, log on to DAZN and for them to tell me I have used up all nominated devices. I have to go onto the app and log out of all devices then log back on to my tele upstairs to watch the 9:25 games.

I'm in the same house!

I appreciate how trivial this is for some of you but I can not stand DAZN.

The last thing I need on a Sunday after watching United get battered by City, Patriots losing 3-2 to the Panthers is dragging my drunk, stale ass up to bed, log on to DAZN and for them to tell me I have used up all nominated devices. I have to go onto the app and log out of all devices then log back on to my tele upstairs to watch the 9:25 games.

I'm in the same house!
Heh, never had that one before. Think I have the app on my phone and both of the TVs in my house, but works without any issues.