NFL 2024 | Let's Football

Loose order…
  • JJ
  • Tyreek
  • Chase
  • CeeDee
  • AJB
Had to omit the Sun God; there’s a good argument to flip Davante Adams with AJB despite age. Garrett Wilson, Nabers, MHJ, and Odunze should soon be nipping at their heels.
Kupp too far gone maybe? Olave another on the verge with decent QB play? Aiyuk/Deebo also in the mix

Some of these teams have Waddle, Devonte Smith, Deebo, Higgins, Kupp/Nacua, Godwin as their #2 and the Patriots have an injured Kendrick Bourne as their #1. Good fecking lord.

Loose order…
  • JJ
  • Tyreek
  • Chase
  • CeeDee
  • AJB
Had to omit the Sun God; there’s a good argument to flip Davante Adams with AJB despite age. Garrett Wilson, Nabers, MHJ, and Odunze should soon be nipping at their heels.
I'd have it the same apart from ARSB over AJB, totally different types of receivers though and AJB's profile is a bit more unique and a harder role to play imo.

Hoping Drake London can also make the leap towards true WR1 status now that he's finally got a good QB. Nacua will be there or thereabouts as well if he confirms his rookie season, and MHJ/Nabers could immediately get to 150 targets in those offenses.

The sooner Tyreek Hill fecks off the better. Adams and Kupp are both on the downward trajectory imo.

What luck that I happen to be a Cowboys and United fan. I mean ffs. They're the same side, just in different sports.

Can't wait for someone else to get their fun little run to the Super Bowl this season as we get beat by the first scmucks in Wildcard.

What luck that I happen to be a Cowboys and United fan. I mean ffs. They're the same side, just in different sports.

Can't wait for someone else to get their fun little run to the Super Bowl this season as we get beat by the first scmucks in Wildcard.

That's what I keep saying the similarities are uncanny. Still it's definitely our year

That's a very generous comparison in favour of United. Dallas may choke in the playoffs but have been brilliant the last 2 years in the regular season. Thank feck too, because I've needed them :lol:

Kupp too far gone maybe? Olave another on the verge with decent QB play? Aiyuk/Deebo also in the mix

Some of these teams have Waddle, Devonte Smith, Deebo, Higgins, Kupp/Nacua, Godwin as their #2 and the Patriots have an injured Kendrick Bourne as their #1. Good fecking lord.
I think the Pats drafted their new #1 and #2. Baker, like Burton, was a higher round talent than where he went because of off the field stuff.

Speaking of Burton, Cincy will either have a lethal 3 WR set for the foreseeable future or a cheap Higgins replacement after this year.

I think the Pats drafted their new #1 and #2. Baker, like Burton, was a higher round talent than where he went because of off the field stuff.

Speaking of Burton, Cincy will either have a lethal 3 WR set for the foreseeable future or a cheap Higgins replacement after this year.
His stats and play in preseason have been nice, but they’re saying Iosivas is their starting WR3. Still though, shouldn’t be long before Burton sees meaningful snaps if he keeps this up indeed.

Been watching this Netflix series about the Cowboys Cheerleaders.

fecking hell what an exploitative, manipulative, horrible organisation that is.

How is this still a thing?
I watched that a while back. Made me pretty upset to be honest. They get paid literally peanuts because “prestige of being a cheerleader for us.” And how they’re treated even worse.

The state of our skill positions is something else, honestly.

12 million a year in taxes is crazy though. You can see why they hold out for as much as possible. If I was paying that much tax in Dallas I'd want a street named after me at least

The closer it gets the longer it takes. Can't wait for next week, 2 crackers to kick things off

The closer it gets the longer it takes. Can't wait for next week, 2 crackers to kick things off
Same, it's neaaaarly there now though and I've still got two redraft league drafts coming up up until then, so plenty of things to keep me busy fortunately. At this point I just can't wait for next weekend to be over and the Ravens vs Chiefs game to be there :lol: You'd almost forget it's Utd vs Liverpool on Sunday.

Working from home next week on Friday, and Monday after the first RedZone as well. Glorious times ahead. I even put on the CBS/Fox/NBC intro compilation a few days ago; so good.

Same, it's neaaaarly there now though and I've still got two redraft league drafts coming up up until then, so plenty of things to keep me busy fortunately. At this point I just can't wait for next weekend to be over and the Ravens vs Chiefs game to be there :lol: You'd almost forget it's Utd vs Liverpool on Sunday.

Working from home next week on Friday, and Monday after the first RedZone as well. Glorious times ahead. I even put on the CBS/Fox/NBC intro compilation a few days ago; so good.
I put that YouTube compilation on every year this time of year, as sad as it may be :lol:

I watched that a while back. Made me pretty upset to be honest. They get paid literally peanuts because “prestige of being a cheerleader for us.” And how they’re treated even worse.

Yea absolutely. The poor girl they focused on was genuinely mentally unwell, I was so happy for her at the end when she said she’d decided not to come back the following year, she absolutely needed to get out of that toxic environment.

Jerry Jones and his nepo-baby daughter bragging about how they’ve made the cheerleader organisation its own profit generating business all the while the girls get paid “about the same as you’d make at Chick-Fil-A” was infuriating.

Yea absolutely. The poor girl they focused on was genuinely mentally unwell, I was so happy for her at the end when she said she’d decided not to come back the following year, she absolutely needed to get out of that toxic environment.

Jerry Jones and his nepo-baby daughter bragging about how they’ve made the cheerleader organisation its own profit generating business all the while the girls get paid “about the same as you’d make at Chick-Fil-A” was infuriating.

I mean the Cowboy's Cheerleaders are the highest paid Cheerleaders in the NFL no matter how crap it is so I wouldn't be just criticising then for it.

I mean the Cowboy's Cheerleaders are the highest paid Cheerleaders in the NFL no matter how crap it is so I wouldn't be just criticising then for it.

Being marginally less taken advantage of than others in the same job doesn’t make it good, and the entire industry is unquestionably one to criticise.

Louis Rees-Zammit has been cut by the Chiefs. Will probably get signed to the practice squad if he doesn't get picked up.

Also...

Pleased we cut Toney and Niang. Hate the decision to keep Skyy Moore. Our DT room outside of Chris Jones might need adding to. Really happy our camp darling UDFA running back/full back Steele got a place. 4 tight ends and I can see us running 12 personnel plays a bit with Kelce and our rookie Wiley. 9 rookies made the cut with 3 of them being UDFAs.

The cynic in me thinks this has everything to do with the Jags and their London ambitions.

Aren’t they spending near to a billion on developing the stadium and surrounding areas? Would seem a little odd to do that if they’re still looking at relocating.

Aren’t they spending near to a billion on developing the stadium and surrounding areas? Would seem a little odd to do that if they’re still looking at relocating.
Yeah I always thought they would become a London franchise, especially when their owner tried buying Wembley. Then they announced the development and obviously puts an end to it.

There was also talk of a 'rest of the world' division. I think it's best to keep the franchises in the states and continue to play games overseas as they have been doing.

I still think it's their long term goal and they are currently trying to make London at the very least their second city. The Chiefs last year announced a $800m renovation at Arrowhead starting in 2026 (just like Jacksonville) and are simultaneously exploring moving out of Missouri to Kansas. Until the work actually begins you just never know.

This is pretty weird. Unretiring the first ever professional football number to be retired, for a rookie who played with 8 at LSU. What's the point in retiring numbers if you can just unretire them on request.

I always figured they’re happy taking the income from the UK and having the extra fans, but logistically, I don’t understand how a UK team would ever work.

I always figured they’re happy taking the income from the UK and having the extra fans, but logistically, I don’t understand how a UK team would ever work.
I think we're heading towards a 2-week preseason, followed by an 18-week regular season including two bye weeks for each team.

For East coast teams London is only 1 or 2 hours longer to fly to than places like SF, LA or Seattle on the West coast so shouldn't make much of a difference. For West coast teams it's a longer journey (10 hours LA to London), but can easily be arranged that they are flying out after a TNF game or with a bye before/after their London game.

I don't think we'll see a London based team in the near future but it won't be because of logistical issues, rather that they don't think the market is there for it yet.