NFL 2024 | Let's Football

Just watched the awful Mahomes tackle again.

It was just awful in every way.
If he'd connected with the chargers player, he'd have blasted his knees out too.
I don't remember the name for this sort of tackle, but it's a penalty, right?

I don't think there's a name for going backwards into a tackle at knee height, it's just a really dumb thing to do. You can't see what you're hitting and you could end up getting fecked up by it, as well as crippling someone in your path, because you have no control over your body.

It's an impact sport though, and most players know how to tackle properly. That was just a bit of Mahomes inspirational improv.

I don't think there's a name for going backwards into a tackle at knee height, it's just a really dumb thing to do. You can't see what you're hitting and you could end up getting fecked up by it, as well as crippling someone in your path, because you have no control over your body.

It's an impact sport though, and most players know how to tackle properly. That was just a bit of Mahomes inspirational improv.
Ah, I thought there was a name for that where you launch yourself like a missile below their knees.

Ah, I thought there was a name for that where you launch yourself like a missile below their knees.

That would be a new one on me to be honest. I know they recently banned hip drop tackles, but tackling outside the "hitbox" is usually only prohibited against QBs in the pocket.

Whatever Mahomes did I don't think it's a recognisable tackle of any type. It's just a bonehead thing to do.

Dolphins and Titans are having a who's the shittest contest.

Love seeing laterals becoming more of a thing. Between that, K9's somersault and everything DK has done (for better and worse), not been dull on offense.

Detroit s gonna win the Superbowl, World Series and Stanley Cup this year.
We ll pretend the Pistons don't exist bc who the feck knows when they finally get their shit together again.

Week 4 now complete and my Commanders have the 2nd best record in the NFC and have also scored more points than anybody else in the Conference.

Never expected that.

Week 4 now complete and my Commanders have the 2nd best record in the NFC and have also scored more points than anybody else in the Conference.

Never expected that.
It's fantasy and not real life, but the only rookie QBs with more PPG through their first four starts since 2011 were RGIII and Cam Newton apparently.

Daniels also has the highest completion percentage of all-time in the first four games of any given season at 82%. I know it's early days and a small sample size but that's impressive stuff for a rookie. He looks comfortable and his ball placement has been excellent. Terry McLaurin must not know what's happening with finally a capable QB under center.

Saw a Tweet this morning that it would make sense for Miami to trade Hill back to the Chiefs, and honestly I think it would indeed make sense for both parties. The Dolphins aren't going anywhere this season anyway even if Tua gets back by ~Week 8, and the Chiefs have just lost Rice, likely for the season. Maybe it's just not feasible from a money POV, and of course they have their own field stretcher / deep threat with Worthy now, but Hill is a different kind of beast.

Lions offense looked very smooth last night. Goff 18/18 as well. Hutchinson continues to be a game wrecker on defense, 10 total pressures. NFC North is very competitive this year.

The QB stats for the Dolphins Titans match were heinous. Imagine having to watch those two on any regular basis

Saw a Tweet this morning that it would make sense for Miami to trade Hill back to the Chiefs, and honestly I think it would indeed make sense for both parties. The Dolphins aren't going anywhere this season anyway even if Tua gets back by ~Week 8, and the Chiefs have just lost Rice, likely for the season. Maybe it's just not feasible from a money POV, and of course they have their own field stretcher / deep threat with Worthy now, but Hill is a different kind of beast.

Lions offense looked very smooth last night. Goff 18/18 as well. Hutchinson continues to be a game wrecker on defense, 10 total pressures. NFC North is very competitive this year.
Tyreek just signed a 3 year $90m contract with $59 guaranteed. We aren't paying a WR that. I think D Hop is the most viable option given that he's $13m with one year left, the Titans stink and they need to rebuild.

I think Davante gets traded to the Bills. They need a WR, Davante wants a ring and the Raiders will want to strengthen a team that can feasibly stop the Chiefs.

I think Davante gets traded to the Bills. They need a WR, Davante wants a ring and the Raiders will want to strengthen a team that can feasibly stop the Chiefs.

Would really surprise me if this guy wants another WR diva like Davante on his team. They also don't really need a receiver, targets can be spread out evenly across Shakir, Kincaid, Coleman and Samuel without it being an issue for their offense.

Adams should re-join Carr in NOLA, it's what he initially signed with the Raiders for after all.

Would really surprise me if this guy wants another WR diva like Davante on his team. They also don't really need a receiver, targets can be spread out evenly across Shakir, Kincaid, Coleman and Samuel without it being an issue for their offense.

Adams should re-join Carr in NOLA, it's what he initially signed with the Raiders for after all.

That post came after they went 3-0 after playing poor teams. They just got embarrassed by the Ravens and their receivers played like shit according to Bills fans. Also Davante isn't a complete fecking moron like Diggs so I don't see Josh saying no.

Regular Season Week 5 New
Think that's the dumbest challenge I've ever seen :lol: