NFL 2024 | Let's Football

They get so many calls going their way every single game it’s ridiculous and so blatant.
Screenshot-20241008-161619.png

So apparently the Jets requested an interview with Flores. If he somehow accepted and was offered the job, I hope that Saleh replaces him.

Maybe part of why the Jets offense is bad, is the overpaid grandpa, who holds onto the ball for so long, that even I would have a chance to sack him.
The guy was already bang average in his last years for us. That the Jets threw so much money at him, will never fail to make me laugh. Over the hill player, diva, expensive and impossible to work with. Let’s throw money at him.

In other news, Rashan Gary has failed to register a single pressure over the course of the last three games. I also think he has one sack since last thanksgiving. Which is 11 games I believe. He has recorded 11 tackles so far this season and grades horribly against the run. He’s also not getting double teamed, so he has no excuse there.

He makes 96.000.000$ in four years and if I recall correctly, is the 8th highest paid pass rusher in the league.
Looks like one of the worst contracts in the league right now. Shocking performances lately. And typical for the Packers inability to build a good defense.

He would be as useful as both at this stage

Don't you ever compare a receiver like Juju to a shit on a stick receiver like Skyy Moore again.

Screenshot-20241008-172724.png

Ps. He also dropped a TD at the 1 yard line that was intercepted and returned by Saunders. But despite that he was very, very good yesterday.

Don't you ever compare a receiver like Juju to a shit on a stick receiver like Skyy Moore again.

Screenshot-20241008-172724.png

Ps. He also dropped a TD at the 1 yard line that was intercepted and returned by Saunders. But despite that he was very, very good yesterday.
Fair play to him, great performance.

Last season it looked like he couldn't cut on his routes and lost all explosion, good to see it wasn't long lasting.

Tinfoil time. Did Robert Saleh wearing a Lebanese flag on his jersey have anything to do with Trump lovin' Woody Johnson getting rid of him?

Tinfoil time. Did Robert Saleh wearing a Lebanese flag on his jersey have anything to do with Trump lovin' Woody Johnson getting rid of him?

Him not getting along with Rodgers is why he lost his job.

I think that’s a pretty harsh firing. Ok, they haven’t been amazing but two close losses out of their three, whilst dealing with an aging QB just coming back from injury with limited chemistry with his receivers. Also Hall. I don’t know, I don’t want to be cynical but it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if there was something more sinister which played some part even if small.

Today I’ll moan about another pass rusher of ours. Luke Van Ness. Drafted 13th overall, despite never having started a game in college. Like Gard, he was drafted as a raw talent with supposedly loads of upside.
He has now played 234 pass rush snaps and only got 17 pressures out of those. Which is 40 percent less than his fellow draft picks from that year managed in regards of pressure rate. Despite being the second highest drafted player that year.
This season, his pressure percentage is at a plain horrible 5,3 percent, 58th in the league. Of all players from this draft class with at least 100 pass rush snaps, he’s the worst.

We are absolutely horrible at identifying pass rush talent and make the same mistake again and again: going for supposed potential over actual production. And it looks like LVN might be the next flop we have gotten because of that.

Drake Maye making his debut this week, while Spencer Rattler is being strongly considered to start for the Saints given Carr's oblique injury.

Very excited to see both of them play. Rattler is a 5th round pick but had some moments for the Sooners before transferring, the talent is obviously there and an intriguing player imo if he can put it all together at the next level.

Screenshot-20241009-021603.png

Saints defensive coordinator seeing this mental formation in the redzone: "...what...the...feck..?"

That … sucks. I hope he takes his time this recovery. No need to rush back. Rest up, take your time. Spencer Rattler can hold the fort in the meantime.

Wore a Lebanon flag on his sleeve on 6 October. Sacked this morning.

He also demoted OC Hackett who was Aaron Rodgers hand picked choice for OC (he was Rodgers OC in Green Bay) right before he was sacked. The Jets were supposed to be better than they are this year. I don't think this has anything to do with a Lebanese flag and is actually more like Saleh has less power at the club with execs than Aaron Rodgers. This should probably be in a different thread not Israel-Iran thread.

I saw Rodgers on McAfee show this morning. (Totally accidentally, since I can't stand either one). He wanted to make it clear that he had nothing to do with Salah's firing.

He supposedly got a phone call from Woody on Monday night, but Woody just asked him about Sunday's game. Salah wasn't mentioned (I certainly believe that).

Few facts.

The Jets have the number 2 rated defense in NFL, their offense is 27th (according to ESPN).

Woody Johnson has NEVER fired a coach mid season before. That includes Adam Gase going 2-14 in 2020.

If Rodgers didn't say he wanted Salah fired, he certainly didn't say he wanted him to stay or else he would still be in a job. (Personally, I believe he's out because Rodgers wanted him out).

Rodgers is a nasty piece of work

I saw Rodgers on McAfee show this morning. (Totally accidentally, since I can't stand either one). He wanted to make it clear that he had nothing to do with Salah's firing.

He supposedly got a phone call from Woody on Monday night, but Woody just asked him about Sunday's game. Salah wasn't mentioned (I certainly believe that).

Few facts.

The Jets have the number 2 rated defense in NFL, their offense is 27th (according to ESPN).

Woody Johnson has NEVER fired a coach mid season before. That includes Adam Gase going 2-14 in 2020.

If Rodgers didn't say he wanted Salah fired, he certainly didn't say he wanted him to stay or else he would still be in a job. (Personally, I believe he's out because Rodgers wanted him out).

Rodgers is a nasty piece of work
And hasn’t been a good QB for years now. That the Jets give him this much power, is just incredibly stupid. His game is nothing more than holding onto the ball for eternity so he can make some big play to stroke his ego.

This is mind boggling. I know the HC is responsible for both sides of the ball but it was clear from the beginning that Hackett was a Rodgers signing, not a Saleh one. Now that Saleh is fired, they go ahead and do the move that they actually needed to do from the beginning. Saleh's defense was a top performing unit in almost all important metrics.

It's the Jets and Rodgers, just observe and smile

@Organic Potatoes you’re an Oklahoma guy right? What can we expect from Rattler? Seems to not be the most mobile QB but damn he can spin a ball nicely. I am already way too excited to see him make his debut on Sunday.

@Organic Potatoes you’re an Oklahoma guy right? What can we expect from Rattler? Seems to not be the most mobile QB but damn he can spin a ball nicely. I am already way too excited to see him make his debut on Sunday.
Yeah. He has a ‘live’ arm as they say; mobility is not his strong suit but he’s not a statue. There’s good reason he was the #1 QB prospect when younger.

In an alternate history where he’s not at an OU team in front of Caleb Williams with Lincoln Riley on his way out he might’ve been thought of much higher by now. I lost track of him at other USC but the draft stock shows he still needed to improve decision making and cut down on turnovers.

Why did the referee make the signal that it was niner ball so dramatically. It’s like Mike Dean celebrating a Spurs goal

Useless Seahawks. Thought this could be a good game. Looking like a right bumming at the moment.

You have us right where you want us now, up 10. Also if you just give up the ball in the red zone we won’t score. 9D chess right here
:lol:

The comeback starts now. All we need to do is stop fecking up on offense, defense and special teams, how hard can it be?

Last edited: