Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
At worst should be rotating starts with Garnacho on that RW, but I think he's the best attacker we have currently (assuming Rashford doesn't find another purple patch). Decision making, touch, finishing, eye for a pass, excellent in tight spaces. He actually wants to *play football* which is something we've sorely lacked in the past decade from many of our players.
He's definitely our best attacker as of now. It would be criminal in my view to play Garnacho in front of him but we'll see what EtH goes with. For me I'd have Rashy and Garnacho competing for who starts on the left mainly to stretch teams.

Sancho meanwhile needs to lose some fat before he's even in consideration for any wing spot. He looks like he kept Shaw's Nando's all you can eat pass for the summer, if that even exists...

He's definitely our best attacker as of now. It would be criminal in my view to play Garnacho in front of him but we'll see what EtH goes with. For me I'd have Rashy and Garnacho competing for who starts on the left mainly to stretch teams.

Sancho meanwhile needs to lose some fat before he's even in consideration for any wing spot. He looks like he kept Shaw's Nando's all you can eat pass for the summer, if that even exists...
Garnacho being our best attacker last season wouldn’t be ‘criminal’ as he was very good on the right. But it would be great if we had Garnacho on the left and Amad on the right.

Amad needs to be getting proper minutes this season. No more playing Antony ahead of him

Only seen the goal, he's someone who could get you 10-15 goals in all competitions if you give him the starting spot. His finishing is very good which was evident in his Sunderland loan.

Anyone else hate his name? Amad is like the opposite of something that rolls off the tongue. Diallo is a bit better but he’s basically never referred to that way.

Only you. It's a good name. Short enough to remember. And it is his first name, it's like calling him as a friend or sibling.

He should be the starter from the right first game of the season. Excellent half today.

Only you. It's a good name. Short enough to remember. And it is his first name, it's like calling him as a friend or sibling.
Others replied and said they agree so I’m not alone :)

Ended the season well.

My concern is he's going to struggle for game time again. Especially if Sancho is back in the picture.

I'm sure the new football department are trying to move a couple of our wide forwards on this summer.

You can never read too much into preseason games but its very pleasing to see Amad looking so sharp. We have a lot of options to play at wide right but most of them have been massive failures. However, if Amad can develop into genuine competition for Garnacho, we can call time on some other underachievers (as well as save ourselves a lot of money). We won't be crying over Olise if Amad comes on leaps and bounds this year.

Antony put on loan, Garnacho and Amad starting the season and Rashford and Sancho needing to work their way back in. That should be the way of it. Merit and effort being rewarded.

Would love to see this young man become a star for us. He’s been so patient watching the utter state of Sancho and Antony stink up the right wing.

I still think his best position as as a #10. Should play a few times there to give Bruno a rest. In the mean time he is our best right side attacker

Keep it up in pre-season and hopefully ETH will have no option but to start him against Fulham.

He should be getting plenty of game time next season. First choice right winger (rotating with Garnacho), backup to Bruno as #10.

It's still 50/50 if Antony will get another last last LAST chance, at least beginning of the season as the pressure is off now.

His ability to go both ways means even on a bad day he would still be a good option.

Antony put on loan, Garnacho and Amad starting the season and Rashford and Sancho needing to work their way back in. That should be the way of it. Merit and effort being rewarded.
Rashford will start. He was very poor last season but was very good in the final.

Should be starting a lot of games this year on the right, hope he brings the best out of Sancho with competition

Rashford will start. He was very poor last season but was very good in the final.

He was just ok in the final and was poor all season. We also wouldn’t have been in the final without Amad. He deserves a shot to set a new standard.

I guess first world problems but Garnacho is much better on the right so diallo is going to be competing with him while we keep playing Rashford on the left hoping he rediscovers his form

He has serious core strength and balance; very, very hard to fairly nudge off the ball. Allied to his technique, he’s difficult to contain 1 on 1. He can also go inside or outside channel. If he keeps this up, he’s got every right to expect to be in fair competition to be our RW starter.

Ended the season well.

My concern is he's going to struggle for game time again. Especially if Sancho is back in the picture.

I'm sure the new football department are trying to move a couple of our wide forwards on this summer.
He’s fine, Sancho is shit so Amad will be ahead of him.

Ended the season well.

The one good (and bad) thing is that Sancho always finds himself on the left at United. So while Sancho himself probably wont be as good, it would give more chances for Amad

Watched the first half, he looks ready, albeit against lesser opposition.

Hojlund would benefit more from having amad in the team, whilst he has a goal threat, hes also a winger who looks to provide for others, something which garnacho and rashford lack for the most part.

Should get a good amount of games this season.

Go on lad. This is your season.

Last edited:
It was clear last season that he had something about him.

I just hope Ten Hag is not going to keep him out of the team by trying to make Antony work again, he needs to admit defeat there now.

Amad cost a fair bit himself, and deserves his chance this season.

Could just be poor opposition but it's the 1st time I've seen him not as a youngster. Looks like the penny may have dropped. 7/10.