Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
My prediction is that he will be first choice RW end of the season with Garnacho as first choice LW

I mean if that's the case might as well sack ETH now already, because under no circumstance should Antony be getting a 3rd season to "redeem himself" over one of our more promising young players.

Amad I expect to be first off the bench for winger rotation, and get opportunities to start as well.
I agree with you, but it's still not what I expect to happen.

That is what I expect as well. He will be third choice on the right and might be second choice on the left but even then we are probably more likely to play Garnacho on the left if Rashford is out and Antony on the right.

I just don’t think ETH likes Amad all that much, might be the skills, might be the character but something seems off in that relationship. I think this will probably be his last season here if he does not get to play much as at 23 and with his contract coming to an end he will want to find somewhere he can play.

Expecting him to get 15 or so starts and similar number of impact sub appearances.
I agree and that's why I don't expect him to play much. If we don't sign another striker, then Amad will be 3rd choice RW.
It seemed to me ETH didn't want to play Amad unless forced to mix things up in the last stages of the season. Don't see why that would change next season.

I agree and that's why I don't expect him to play much. If we don't sign another striker, then Amad will be 3rd choice RW.
It seemed to me ETH didn't want to play Amad unless forced to mix things up in the last stages of the season. Don't see why that would change next season.

I don't think that is true though. Amad was on track for a spot in the side when he got hurt at the start of last season and he ended up missing most of the campaign. ETH explained that he used him sparingly because he was still building up his fitness when he returned to the side in the Spring and he did not want to overplay him and cause him to suffer a relapse. Amad will get a lot of football in pre season and if he is the player we think he is then I expect Erik will have no choice but to keep him in the side.

He’ll get plenty of minutes next season. People losing their goddamn minds over a hypothetical scenario where Antony plays a full 90 week in week out while Amad puts his feet up. Feck Ten Hag for playing Antony in a fictional scenario I just made up!! :mad:

How about we wait and see what the plan is next season first?

He’ll get plenty of minutes next season. People losing their goddamn minds over a hypothetical scenario where Antony plays a full 90 week in week out while Amad puts his feet up. Feck Ten Hag for playing Antony in a fictional scenario I just made up!! :mad:

How about we wait and see what the plan is next season first?
I honestly think that ETH has grown tired of waiting for Antony to shine and realized what he's got isnt quite enough for the EPL. He's can be a decent sub as he brings plenty of grit and does track back (i'm looking at you rashy)

20:15, I tried adding with the stamp embedded but the URL glitched as it had /live/ in it.

Cheers. They both probably spent a lot of time against/with each other in training at Utd as both barely played when their paths crossed over. Must have made quite an impression!

Cheers. They both probably spent a lot of time against/with each other in training at Utd as both barely played when their paths crossed over. Must have made quite an impression!
My thoughts too, high praise coming from someone who's seen a lot of him in training.

I don't think that is true though. Amad was on track for a spot in the side when he got hurt at the start of last season and he ended up missing most of the campaign. ETH explained that he used him sparingly because he was still building up his fitness when he returned to the side in the Spring and he did not want to overplay him and cause him to suffer a relapse. Amad will get a lot of football in pre season and if he is the player we think he is then I expect Erik will have no choice but to keep him in the side.
I can see this reasoning, but I just highly doubt Ten Hag will keep 90m right winger he picked himself as 3rd choice RW in the club ahead of two academy players.
He did play Amad when he was under huge pressure and was basically forced to "try something different", but now (new season, extended contract) the pressure is released and he can do whatever he wants.

It's not like Bruno is frequently subbed so I can see Amad not getting a lot of minutes.

I agree with this, EtH tried to manage Amad's minutes for a fear of injury

I can see this reasoning, but I just highly doubt Ten Hag will keep 90m right winger he picked himself as 3rd choice RW in the club ahead of two academy players.
He did play Amad when he was under huge pressure and was basically forced to "try something different", but now (new season, extended contract) the pressure is released and he can do whatever he wants.

It's not like Bruno is frequently subbed so I can see Amad not getting a lot of minutes.

EtH played a nobody like Furson ahead of Antony, I do not think he is too determined to play Antony all the time.

EtH played a nobody like Furson ahead of Antony, I do not think he is too determined to play Antony all the time.
He was determined to try something else, that's the whole point. He won't be that determined/presurred at the start of the season so I fully expect Antony to be back as 1st choice RW, with Garnacho as backup. Remains to be seen if that turns out to be true, but I see people are being very optimistic about new season for no actual reason apart from it being "new".

He was determined to try something else, that's the whole point. He won't be that determined/presurred at the start of the season so I fully expect Antony to be back as 1st choice RW, with Garnacho as backup. Remains to be seen if that turns out to be true, but I see people are being very optimistic about new season for no actual reason apart from it being "new".

There is no way Garnacho will be back up player. He started almost all games he was available after first month or 2. Can see Antony on bench easily, there were reports too that EtH wasn't impressed with Antony

There is no way Garnacho will be back up player. He started almost all games he was available after first month or 2. Can see Antony on bench easily, there were reports too that EtH wasn't impressed with Antony
Certainly possible that Garnacho will play a lot on the RW, he is our best player for that position (I also rate him higher on the right than on the left). The question is however if we are going to drop 90m winger to 3rd choice RW behind two academy players (assuming Amad is the better player, what most certainly is the case). I don't see that likely and that's just my point. I think ETH will be more pressured into playing Antony than Amad, especially in new campaign with all the stress from second part of the previous season gone.

Certainly possible that Garnacho will play a lot on the RW, he is our best player for that position (I also rate him higher on the right than on the left). The question is however if we are going to drop 90m winger to 3rd choice RW behind two academy players (assuming Amad is the better player, what most certainly is the case). I don't see that likely and that's just my point. I think ETH will be more pressured into playing Antony than Amad, especially in new campaign with all the stress from second part of the previous season gone.

IMO EtH will get lot of support if he drops Antony and plays Amad. If he sticks to the same order, then he will get lot of criticism.

IMO EtH will get lot of support if he drops Antony and plays Amad. If he sticks to the same order, then he will get lot of criticism.
I agree, but there will be natural pressure to play 90m winger, again I don't see him being dropped to 3rd choice, that would mean after a season his resale value is ridiculously low.

I kind of feel loaning out Amad is also something being considered at the moment, especially if we sign a striker (as this has implications on Garnacho playing time).

He'll be 22 tomorrow. If one can't get a decent amount of minutes at 22, then what does that say?

I agree, but there will be natural pressure to play 90m winger, again I don't see him being dropped to 3rd choice, that would mean after a season his resale value is ridiculously low.

I kind of feel loaning out Amad is also something being considered at the moment, especially if we sign a striker (as this has implications on Garnacho playing time).
You almost sound like you want it to happen with your relentlessness. Let’s see what happens. ETH isn’t a fool and he will not back a dead horse even though he bought it himself.

He may play Anthony for fitness purposes or in crunch games where we need discipline more than creativity.

The manager and coaching staff obviously know Amad is a significantly more talented and better player than Antony. If the latter will be the one play more next season it will be because of something else, not ability.

However, I'm not buying into this notion that Antony is a favorite of ETH. He has dropped him on several occasions if I recall correctly. I'm leaning towards injury issues being the reason to him not using Amad up until the very end of the season.

I expect Amad to be given significant game time next season, but rightly not being one of the first names on the team sheet, unless he completely hits the ground running and becomes undroppable. 2000-2500 minutes would be great for his development and to settle as a first team player with a role to play in this squad.

There is no natural pressure on EtH to play Antony, Garnacho is 100% ahead of him, and Amad might stake a claim, Antony is officially a flop and EtH have already accepted that.

You almost sound like you want it to happen with your relentlessness. Let’s see what happens. ETH isn’t a fool and he will not back a dead horse even though he bought it himself.

He may play Anthony for fitness purposes or in crunch games where we need discipline more than creativity.
Not really, people hope this will happen but there are strong reasons I am a bit worried about Amad playing time and that's it.
There is no natural pressure on EtH to play Antony, Garnacho is 100% ahead of him, and Amad might stake a claim, Antony is officially a flop and EtH have already accepted that.
Of course there is, we paid mad money for him and it's natural the manager would like to get that stain off his managerial suit + the club knows that if he isn't even 2nd choice player for us, his value is dropping rapidly and we're basically stuck with another highl-wages deadwood. He will get plenty of playing time, it's a matter of who is suffering because of that.

Antony is on 200k a week and we paid 80 million for him and Eth personally wanted him of course there is pressure. The club hardly wants such an expensive outlay rotting on the bench deprecating in value

Antony is on 200k a week and we paid 80 million for him and Eth personally wanted him of course there is pressure. The club hardly wants such an expensive outlay rotting on the bench deprecating in value

We have done that with Maguire and we might do so with Casemiro too. The big difference is that the sporting effects are given priorities rather than economical ones.

That not every trajectory is linear?

Exactly this.

I was reading the other day that Drogba was still playing for Guingamp when he was 24.

There are loads of top players who didn’t blossom until well into their twenties. Kane, Vardy, Wright, Toni, Immobile, Klose and Ilicic all just off the top of my head.

Amad has already shown more in a United shirt than Antony has. I’m confident this season is going to be a big one for him.

Okay now you're being delusional. There's 0 chance Antony is 1st choice RW over Garnacho. 0.

Of course there is, we paid mad money for him and it's natural the manager would like to get that stain off his managerial suit + the club knows that if he isn't even 2nd choice player for us, his value is dropping rapidly and we're basically stuck with another highl-wages deadwood. He will get plenty of playing time, it's a matter of who is suffering because of that.

That really isn't how it works.

Okay now you're being delusional. There's 0 chance Antony is 1st choice RW over Garnacho. 0.

Agreed. How is it not clear to everyone that Garnacho has been our 1st choice RW for months now?

That's not the point. 1st and 2nd choice RW will get plenty of time, especially if we're not signing a striker. I'm just not so sure as everyone else that Amad is actually anywhere close to Antony in the pecking order once the new season starts for obvious reasons.

They aren't standard academy players, garnacho is the first attacker on the team sheet these days. It's him and one more. If Rashford finds form again, then obviously he goes left and Garnacho right. If he doesn't, then yeah he'll be picking from Antony/Amad on the right, or shoving in Mount or Zirkzee slightly out of position. I agree that he'll likely try Antony ahead of Amad to start the season, but I don't think it'll last long before he reverts to how he ended last season having Amad ahead of Antony.

Antony is very clearly not a starter now or future though in Ten Hag or anybody else's head, the only question is if he's the 1st winger from the bench or the 2nd, for as long as he stays. We will struggle to get rid this summer but I'd guarantee that the new guys in charge will try and move him on next summer.

They aren't standard academy players, garnacho is the first attacker on the team sheet these days. It's him and one more. If Rashford finds form again, then obviously he goes left and Garnacho right. If he doesn't, then yeah he'll be picking from Antony/Amad on the right, or shoving in Mount or Zirkzee slightly out of position. I agree that he'll likely try Antony ahead of Amad to start the season, but I don't think it'll last long before he reverts to how he ended last season having Amad ahead of Antony.

Antony is very clearly not a starter now or future though in Ten Hag or anybody else's head, the only question is if he's the 1st winger from the bench or the 2nd, for as long as he stays. We will struggle to get rid this summer but I'd guarantee that the new guys in charge will try and move him on next summer.
I agree with the bolded. I think there's a high chance that Antony will be preferred for the first few games of the season in the hopes that maybe he'll finally kick on, so if that happens I will be disappointed but not upset. I will be expecting (hoping?) that if Antony doesn't perform that ETH will quickly pivot to Amad within a couple of weeks.

If that does happen there will be a lot of angst on the forum and fans in general, but it hopefully won't last long.

I agree with the bolded. I think there's a high chance that Antony will be preferred for the first few games of the season in the hopes that maybe he'll finally kick on, so if that happens I will be disappointed but not upset. I will be expecting (hoping?) that if Antony doesn't perform that ETH will quickly pivot to Amad within a couple of weeks.

If that does happen there will be a lot of angst on the forum and fans in general, but it hopefully won't last long.
That's what I expect to happen as well.

Sounds fitness related from the official site: Working on an individual schedule alongside Antony, Sancho, Lindelof and Onana.

With Sancho coming back and ETH will have pressure to play Antony (due to the money spent on him) i don't think we will see Amad get as minutes as we want him to. People say he needs to force himself into the team but he played pretty well at the back end of the season and still couldn't get regular starts, I think we will see more of the same this season and he will be off next summer.

He really needs to hit the preseason hard and get some good performances in.

Can force his was ahead of Anthony definitely. Sancho won’t be staying.

He's said to be on £70k a week which does make sense to me.