Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
With how it’s gone for him he’ll have get injured at some point this pre-season. I really hope this is the turning point. We passed over a similar profile in Olise, hopefully he can hit those heights now.

Why does everyone keep worrying about Antony? he was a non-entity by the end of the year and amad was clearly ahead of him! Antony barely started any games by the end!

Why does everyone keep worrying about Antony? he was a non-entity by the end of the year and amad was clearly ahead of him! Antony barely started any games by the end!
They love to be negative thats why. Antony was benched for most of the last few months so the whole Antony will start ahead of Amad is crazy. By December I think our starting front three will be Garnacho Zirkzee and Amad. Rashford Hojlund and Antony off the bench. That's not a bad set of options.

Hope he'll make it this season. We'll need his creativity and move Sancho/Antony.

They love to be negative thats why. Antony was benched for most of the last few months so the whole Antony will start ahead of Amad is crazy. By December I think our starting front three will be Garnacho Zirkzee and Amad. Rashford Hojlund and Antony off the bench. That's not a bad set of options.
I don't see Zirkzee and Amad working particularly well together - at least not like that anyway. Maybe with Hojlund up front, aggressive overlapping from Dalot at right back, width and penetration from the winger on the left, and no Fernandes (or Mount) in the hole.

I don't see Zirkzee and Amad working particularly well together - at least not like that anyway. Maybe with Hojlund up front, aggressive overlapping from Dalot at right back, width and penetration from the winger on the left, and no Fernandes (or Mount) in the hole.
Why not? Because Zirkzee likes to drop deep? He runs the channels just as much and he played well with Ferguson and Orsolini. Orsolini plays a lot like Amad for Bologna and he worked well with Zirkzee so I don't see why not and Amad showed today that he can make that run down the wing too so it gives us options. The idea of bringing in Zirkzee is to free up the whole attack, give us options and make us fluid. Having each player being able to drop deep or run the channels or beat the offside trap is key. The idea that Zirkzee will take up Brunos space or Amads space is wrong, instead it will give us options while one drops the other moves and vice versa. Watch Bologna v Salernitana and you'll see the best of Zirkzee, his movement and ability to mix it up, come deep, run off the shoulder etc. He's a hybrid striker, he can do both.

Anyone else seeing Nani?

With how it’s gone for him he’ll have get injured at some point this pre-season. I really hope this is the turning point. We passed over a similar profile in Olise, hopefully he can hit those heights now.
Why the feck would you tempt fate by saying that given how last season went for us injury wise

With him / garnacho interchangeable on the wings, plus both being young and the exciting - plus mainoo / yoyo as well, the future is looking good
I hope they don't yoyo out of the team

Anyone else seeing Nani?
Different styles for me.

Nani was more two footed, and more reliant on trickery, and more likely to put crosses into the box. He was a messy player though in terms of decision making, who lost possession a lot.

Amad is more of a link-up player than a crosser of the ball, tidy in possession in terms of his first touch, control, passing, and decisions.

Nani had physical advantages over Amad.

Not only can he beat a man on either side from a standing start, he already has a maturity about his end product. He put two on a plate in the first half by picking the correct option and not channelling his inner Bebe. Refreshing.

Anyone else seeing Nani?

I don't see that myself. If there was a player to compare him to I could think of it would likely be Hazard, albeit nowhere near as good, but similar style and obviously left footed as oppose to Hazard.

Any news on his new contract yet? It’s expected to end in 2026 if we activate the 1 year extension.

I was Amadant (geddit?) last season that he would be great and shoulders our best winger if we give him a good run, I still firmly believe this and it's great to see him starting well in preseason!

Not seeing Nani similarities. Nani was more risky and unpredictable. Amad seems more silky and ‘safe’ (for want of a better word).

Anyone else seeing Nani?
Not really.
Nani was a winger that could play on either wing with equal effect and was as good with his left as his right.
Amad looks best suited to the right and possibly central and no disrespect to Nani but Amad seems the smarter footballer to me.

With him / garnacho interchangeable on the wings, plus both being young and the exciting - plus mainoo / yoyo as well, the future is looking good
Me says "why interchangeable"?

Judging by quality, effort, and ability, our STARTING attacking trio should be

1. Garna - left
2. Hojlund - center
3. Amad - right

Zirkzee can play some games, and come off at 75min, wince Hojlund never plays a lot of minutes, and Zirkzee can compete with Hojlund if he can, only healthy. I can also see switching to two strikers attack and taking off wingers for
midfielders, for some games or if we are trying to shut games down in certain games

Rashford and Sancho have not done anything yet to show that they deserve wings more than Garna or Amad. On the contrary. And don't even get me started about Antony. The only reason he is still here is the idiotic money we paid for him and double idiotic wages we are paying him

Apparently Erik said about Amad, post match: "it has to be his year, he is not an inexperienced player, anymore" which sounds like they are bot selling him, and that Erik is open to give him playing time as long as Amad delivers

LOVE the souns of that. Best players must play.

Rate him higher than Rashfords good seasons going by his decision making, he makes others look better and has a good set piece delivery

Big season for him, he's been here years at this point. Think he gets massively overhyped, probably in part due to the the fact his career has been a collection of moments and sporadic appearances more than a proper run in the team. Hopefully this is the season where it clicks for him and he makes a more consistent impact.

Based on his pre-season showing, I think ETH has earmarked him as the next youth player he wants to integrate into our squad.

When he gets the ball in an attacking position he feels like the only player who is deciding what he wants to do.

So many of our other players seem to just worry what the opposition is going to do and hope for a gap.

I'd now have him as our undisputed right winger going into next season based on the end of the last campaign and how sharp he looks here.

It’s mad we’ve blown £160m on Sancho and Antony to fill that right wing spot when we’ve had this kid on the books all along and looks levels above the pair of them.

I'm becoming more and more optimistic about him and about our season now. I loved him when he first signed - I still remember tuning into some random Atalanta game to see how he does. After he got loaned to Sunderland I sort of forgot about him until he came back last season. The injury was unfortunate and he was out for a period but he had a decent crack at it after he recovered.

I really hope he kicks on. He was the player I was most optimistic about since I watched the twins (Fabio and Rafael) in a friendly. Mainoo of course took over that after his performance against Arsenal last year but good company to be in!

I feel like Garnacho was sometimes overplayed last season. Hopefully ETH manages time better this year and actually uses Sancho and Amad and gives him and Rashy a rest especially with our Thursday-Saturday schedule.