NFL 2024 | Let's Football

Worthy is going to be a problem for teams if he can stay healthy. Rice is also going to be a problem for teams if he can stay out of prison.

Worthy is going to be a problem for teams if he can stay healthy. Rice is also going to be a problem for teams if he can stay out of prison.
Worthy and Hollywood Brown are going to be problems. Just what the Chiefs needed!

Lamar Jackson is overrated.
Not on his showing last night. His o-line were pretty bad and he was constantly escaping the D line pressure with ease to turn probable sacks into positive yardage. He was very good considering what he was dealing with.

One of the positives was how our rookie LT Kingsley Suamataia held up and he was just left on an island to deal with the defensive ends. He's the cousin of Penei Sewell and looks like his twin.

i

Screenshot-20240906-141917.png

If anything he is still underrated by a lot of people. Was very good last night once again and his ability to create something out of nothing is second to none.

Say what? Guy got Baltimore within a toe of overtime at Arrowhead on opening night running for his life. What did he do wrong? Perhaps missing Flowers (I think it was him?) open in the end zone throwing off target was about the only thing I can think of.

The truth though is that what he doesn’t (seem to) have alongside his amazing talent is a mentality which just elevates his team around him. He’s exceptional but doesn’t seem to be able to drag his team to wins when back against it. Not in important moments. He’s more Rodgers (lots of talent too) than Mahomes or Brady in that sense.

Say what? Guy got Baltimore within a toe of overtime at Arrowhead on opening night running for his life. What did he do wrong? Perhaps missing Flowers (I think it was him?) open in the end zone throwing off target was about the only thing I can think of.
He explained post-game that it wasn't even intented for Flowers. Chris Jones was 1 on 1 with Justice Hill so Lamar tried to extend the play scrambling around, he saw Bateman coming across and tried to connect with him - he only saw Flowers after he threw the ball. Could blame that on his awareness I guess but that play breaks down for the majority of QBs in the league way before that.

Fully agree with your post by the way.

Lamar did miss a couple throws but he didn't crash into a pile without wrapping up the RB or dive headlong into an out of bounds Mahomes' knees when the defense needed to save time, nor ask for Chris Jones to crash his right flank every other play on the last drive.

Its less that he's overrated and more than Baltimore are lopsidedly reliant on him for both their running and passing production. Last night was a prime example where Lamar rushed for more than both Derrick Henry and Isiah Pacheco combined. In such scenarios, Lamar is always going to get good stats and win all kinds of awards, but the Ravens are not likely to get past the Chiefs to make it to the big game.

The truth though is that what he doesn’t (seem to) have alongside his amazing talent is a mentality which just elevates his team around him. He’s exceptional but doesn’t seem to be able to drag his team to wins when back against it. Not in important moments. He’s more Rodgers (lots of talent too) than Mahomes or Brady in that sense.

He missed and overthrew the first pass to Likely at the back pylon, then completely missed Flowers being open because he was glued to Bateman who had a defender on his hip. Yes that final drive was great, but he shit the bed where it counted.

In the first half he threw for an average of less than a yard, 18 passes he threw 2 more than 4 yards in the first half. Lot of missed passes even on simple screens yesterday and missed looks even when the O-Line did give him time. Maybe because the O line is poor, but he sets himself up to run first, so when he is under pressure, he can't get the ball out of his hands quick enough so he has to get running (which he's great at).

You look at his record, he's ranked 25th of all QBs when trying to throw over 20 yards, last year he threw less yards than Sam Howell and less TD than Mayfield and Wilson. He went 10 games last season with 1 TD or none. Not to mention him crapping the bed in the playoffs. These are not things that is going to take your team to a Championship.

I just think for the MVP last season, he's not up there for me.

He missed and overthrew the first pass to Likely at the back pylon, then completely missed Flowers being open because he was glued to Bateman who had a defender on his hip. Yes that final drive was great, but he shit the bed where it counted.

In the first half he threw for an average of less than a yard, 18 passes he threw 2 more than 4 yards in the first half. Lot of missed passes even on simple screens yesterday and missed looks even when the O-Line did give him time. Maybe because the O line is poor, but he sets himself up to run first, so when he is under pressure, he can't get the ball out of his hands quick enough so he has to get running (which he's great at).

You look at his record, he's ranked 25th of all QBs when trying to throw over 20 yards, last year he threw less yards than Sam Howell and less TD than Mayfield and Wilson. He went 10 games last season with 1 TD or none. Not to mention him crapping the bed in the playoffs. These are not things that is going to take your team to a Championship.

How exactly did he crap the bed? Losing against Mahomes in the AFCCG is choking in the playoffs now or what?

And you're mentioning passing stats. No one is saying that he's amongst the best passers in the league.

There wasn't a more deserving player for MVP than Lamar last year.

The issue isn't Lamar's quality, its the Ravens over-reliance on him as their primary source of offense. If you look at his numbers last night, they were enough to get the game tied and Harbaugh to go for two at the end to win it. He missed a couple of key passes, but he also contributed far more than any QB would on the ground to get them into scoring position in the first place. All the while future hall of famer Derrick Henry was fairly anonymous. What the Ravens need to do is get Henry more active as the primary focal point of the run game, which will then make Lamar more effective since oppositions will have to dedicate more resources to stopping Henry. Zay Flowers and Mark Andrews in particular, need to be more active in the passing game.

How exactly did he crap the bed? Losing against Mahomes in the AFCCG is choking in the playoffs now or what?

And you're mentioning passing stats. No one is saying that he's amongst the best passers in the league.

There wasn't a more deserving player for MVP than Lamar last year.

There was 2 turnovers that was his fault, including the pretty poor throw into triple coverage in the 4th. He was nearly picked twice on a simple screen IRC, one he recovered himself. 52% completion rating? Not his fault but for some reason Ravens decided to throw instead of run, maybe because Jacksons legs were shot?

He's 2-6 in Playoffs, He's 6-6 TD to Interceptions, He's had the most turnovers in the playoffs in the last 3 years. You look at his stats throughout his post season vs regular and they all go down, completions, rushing, pass ratings. It's not just against the Cheifs. Better opposition, sure and maybe the gameplan changes, but from the outside looking in, his playoff form isn't great.

Allen and Purdy deserved it more imho.

I just don't think he's the guy whose going to get Ravens to where they want to be, or maybe they just need to take less pressure off him to be their sole threat. Yes his receiver room may not be up there, but as i said there is plenty of looks downfield he misses, because he wants to use his legs, so it's not entirely on them.

There was 2 turnovers that was his fault, including the pretty poor throw into triple coverage in the 4th. He was nearly picked twice on a simple screen IRC, one he recovered himself. 52% completion rating? Not his fault but for some reason Ravens decided to throw instead of run, maybe because Jacksons legs were shot?

He's 2-6 in Playoffs, He's 6-6 TD to Interceptions, He's had the most turnovers in the playoffs in the last 3 years. You look at his stats throughout his post season vs regular and they all go down, completions, rushing, pass ratings. It's not just against the Cheifs. Better opposition, sure and maybe the gameplan changes, but from the outside looking in, his playoff form isn't great.

Allen and Purdy deserved it more imho.

I just don't think he's the guy whose going to get Ravens to where they want to be, or maybe they just need to take less pressure off him to be their sole threat. Yes his receiver room may not be up there, but as i said there is plenty of looks downfield he misses, because he wants to use his legs, so it's not entirely on them.
But now you're just stating what he did or does bad, I don't necessarily disagree with a lot of those points.

However, he has already been HEAVILY criticized in the media and by journalists for not getting over that hump in the playoffs. He is constantly criticized for his throwing ability by some people. So I don't see how that relates to the fact that he's supposedly overrated, I'd say that he's more accurately rated then if that's your view of him. I rate him very highly but you make some valid points, those are the reasons he's not in (or close tbh) to the Mahomes tier.

The likes of Josh Allen aren't exactly known for their error-free playing style either. And I still want to see it from Hurts now that Kelce is gone in front of him, who supposedly called out the defensive plays and switched the alignments if needed. Herbert doesn't even have a playoff win, I believe. Burrow only has one deep playoff run as well, and so on and on.

But now you're just stating what he did or does bad, I don't necessarily disagree with a lot of those points.

However, he has already been HEAVILY criticized in the media and by journalists for not getting over that hump in the playoffs. He is constantly criticized for his throwing ability by some people. So I don't see how that relates to the fact that he's supposedly overrated, I'd say that he's more accurately rated then if that's your view of him. I rate him very highly but you make some valid points, those are the reasons he's not in (or close tbh) to the Mahomes tier.

The likes of Josh Allen aren't exactly known for their error-free playing style either. And I still want to see it from Hurts now that Kelce is gone in front of him, who supposedly called out the defensive plays and switched the alignments if needed. Herbert doesn't even have a playoff win, I believe. Burrow only has one deep playoff run as well, and so on and on.

When I'm calling him overrated, it's more the fact that people see him as the QB that will get Ravens to a AFC Championship and even a Superbowl. I just think that his poor passing game, his run first mindset and the fact that he can drive you to the redzone only to fold at the last moment (e.g. last night, e.g. highest amount of interceptions in the 4th quarter when it's a 1 score game) if why he's not the guy (imho) to get Ravens to a AFC title or a Superbowl. I'll happily eat my words, but he's not the guy to get this Ravens team there.

Yeah I'm not saying Josh Allen is without fault. I just think him and Purdy had better seasons and was more deserving MVPs last year.

Last edited:
It’s hard to untangle whether the Ravens game plan is heavily reliant on him or if he is the one who initiates this decision to use his legs as his primary weapon rather than his passing.

I think it’s very harsh to say he can’t get them to a Super Bowl. I think he can, he’s very much capable. But it’s hard to beat elite all-time type players such as Mahomes. And they essentially need to do that every single year to get there.

Anyway, I don’t think the views on Lamar as a player are that different between any of us really. It’s just the conclusion - I think he could get them to a SB, you don’t. And both are fair enough opinions.

The reality is as someone above said, the Ravens must get teams to respect the other aspects of their offence. Henry has to take the load in running. They need to make better use of the pass. Once other teams have to game plan for those and not only Lamar running, then the Ravens will be in a very strong spot.

But as I said - is it Lamar running because he’s just not as good at everything else? Or is it Lamar running because the coaching staff set up the team that way and the o-line sucks. Who knows.

It’s hard to untangle whether the Ravens game plan is heavily reliant on him or if he is the one who initiates this decision to use his legs as his primary weapon rather than his passing.

I think it’s very harsh to say he can’t get them to a Super Bowl. I think he can, he’s very much capable. But it’s hard to beat elite all-time type players such as Mahomes. And they essentially need to do that every single year to get there.

Anyway, I don’t think the views on Lamar as a player are that different between any of us really. It’s just the conclusion - I think he could get them to a SB, you don’t. And both are fair enough opinions.

The reality is as someone above said, the Ravens must get teams to respect the other aspects of their offence. Henry has to take the load in running. They need to make better use of the pass. Once other teams have to game plan for those and not only Lamar running, then the Ravens will be in a very strong spot.

But as I said - is it Lamar running because he’s just not as good at everything else? Or is it Lamar running because the coaching staff set up the team that way and the o-line sucks. Who knows.

The question is whether he can lead them to the Super Bowl when the Chiefs are the dominant team in the AFC and themselves in the midst of a dynastic SB run. The answer so far has been no given the Ravens have lost 4 out of 5 to the Chiefs (their only win being by 1 point at home a couple of years ago). So unless Mahommes has a very bad day, the likely fix is the Ravens are going to have to adjust something to get them to breakthrough against what is looking like one of the more dominant teams in NFL history. That something is getting a diversified passing and running game, so they aren't always reliant on Lamar's scrambling. They're not that far off imo.

Oh shit. I thought the Packers Eagles Brazil game was Saturday night. But it’s actually Friday night! So another NFL game to wake up to tomorrow!

I wonder if the Eagles will do the tush push with Kelce gone.

Jalen Ramsey is going to be the highest paid cornerback in the league for the 2nd time in his career. Seems stupid to give a soon to be 30-year old corner past his prime a 3-yr $72M contract

Last edited:
What the feck was that Hurts. Threw it into triple coverage.

For how over the top emotional some of the guys in the crowd were pre game, the atmosphere is dead.

I was looking forward to this game but I'm turning off and going to bed. Pitch is crap, atmosphere sucks and both teams are playing like it's preseason. It'll probably pick up eventually like most bad games but I cba.