NFL 2024 | Let's Football

Love getting injured pretty much ended the 1% chance they had.

Good start to the season. Barkley with a huge debut

Hard to really gauge anything about the Eagles or Packers from that game. It was completely ruined by the terrible state of the pitch. There must have been multiple players tripping up on every play. Both sets of DBs looked cack but I imagine it must have been extremely hard to react to the WRs without falling on your arse. Both o-lines seemed to hold up because the edge rushers were fecked by the pitch too. Half of the many QB errors were also because of them slipping. Even the attempt at the Hail Mary by the backup QB after Love got injured was ruined because he slipped. Fitting end that.

Shocking really. Not only was the game spoilt but the health of the players was put at risk tonight. All for what? A game with no atmosphere and hardly anyone on TV in Brazil watching because the Brazil national team were playing at the same time. Good job Goodell.

I ended up watching the whole game because the pain in my foot (I think I've got plantar fasciitis, need to get it checked out) is so bad right now and is keeping me awake.

Last edited:
How exactly did he crap the bed? Losing against Mahomes in the AFCCG is choking in the playoffs now or what?

And you're mentioning passing stats. No one is saying that he's amongst the best passers in the league.

There wasn't a more deserving player for MVP than Lamar last year.

CMC by a mile

Hard to really gauge anything about the Eagles or Packers from that game. It was completely ruined by the terrible state of the pitch. There must have been multiple players tripping up on every play. Both sets of DBs looked cack but I imagine it must have been extremely hard to react to the WRs without falling on your arse. Both o-lines seemed to hold up because the edge rushers were fecked by the pitch too. Half of the many QB errors were also because of them slipping. Even the attempt at the Hail Mary by the backup QB after Love got injured was ruined because he slipped. Fitting end that.

Shocking really. Not only was the game spoilt but the health of the players was put at risk tonight. All for what? A game with no atmosphere and hardly anyone on TV in Brazil watching because the Brazil national team were playing at the same time. Good job Goodell.

I ended up watching the whole game because the pain in my foot (I think I've got plantar fasciitis, need to get it checked out) is so bad right now and is keeping me awake.

Been up all night then? I fell asleep on the sofa at 7:30pm and was wide awake by 2 going to be a long day

Looks like Love’s season is already over :(

Nice game, but way too much flags. Not sure whether it’s sloppy play early in the season or the refs wanting to set the tone.

Field conditions looked afwul as well.

CMC by a mile
Says the Niners fan :p

This has been done to death, but it’s most valuable player, not best offensive player. And unfortunately for CMC he plays the most replaceable position in football, swiss army knife or not. Lamar received 49 out of 50 first-place votes, CMC received none. I rest my case.

Knee ligaments by the sound of it for Love, such a shame if he’s out for the season because of a last second hail mary play.

Now that I have slept on it beyond the win there were a lot of worrying things for the Eagles, the biggest one being how poor Hurts was once again. I know that the pitch wasn’t great and it was his first game with a new centre but some of his decision making would have put rookies to shame & he had no ability to play action at all because he struggled to read the defence. Positives were that the offence apart from him looked really great and so if Hurts cuts out the braindead mistakes this offence can be really good .

As for the packers even without the injury there were a few worrying signs on offence I thought, Jordan love made a few really poor throws & their receivers dropped a lot of easy catches. Their defence wasn’t good at all.

I guess I will just chalk it off to teams being underprepared and a terrible pitch

Thought they both had an up and down game, moments of brilliance but also quite a few errors. Both had a pick six dropped. But yeah, awful field it seemed like, 10 hour flights, first game of the season, … I think both teams comfortably end up with a winning record (though it depends on Love’s health for the Packers because Willis sucks).

Now that I have slept on it beyond the win there were a lot of worrying things for the Eagles, the biggest one being how poor Hurts was once again. I know that the pitch wasn’t great and it was his first game with a new centre but some of his decision making would have put rookies to shame & he had no ability to play action at all because he struggled to read the defence. Positives were that the offence apart from him looked really great and so if Hurts cuts out the braindead mistakes this offence can be really good .

As for the packers even without the injury there were a few worrying signs on offence I thought, Jordan love made a few really poor throws & their receivers dropped a lot of easy catches. Their defence wasn’t good at all.

I guess I will just chalk it off to teams being underprepared and a terrible pitch

Hurts doesn't fill me with a great deal of confidence. I blamed most of last seasons offence on Brian Johnson's boneheaded playcalling, and I'm sure some of it was that (bubble screens and QB draws on 3rd and a mile, what you doing??) but there's still a lot of hesitance in his game, and scrambling way too early. It seems like the Packers knew he's prone to an early scramble and had him sussed every time. That Alexander pick was a braindead throw too, even if Brown did slip a little. Both Hurts and Love got a little lucky, each could have had a dozen picks each.

Glad to see they're not pissweak at Linebacker though. Dean is finally getting it together. Baun was a monster. Huge problem position last season, which is hopefully fixed, at least for this year.

Hurts will cost the Eagles when it matters. Barkley looked absolutely fabulous though.

Love injury not confirmed to be season ending I think. Hope he doesn't miss too much time.

Love injury not confirmed to be season ending I think. Hope he doesn't miss too much time.
Not yet, at least. But Twitter is banned in Brasil and wouldn't surprise me if the Packers wait until they get back to the US for final confirmation on the injury.

Could go from an MCL sprain to an ACL tear from what I read on Twitter, with added concerns about a high ankle sprain. If it's not season ending I can definitely see him missing the next 5-8 games with this, but hoping to be proven wrong.

If you've seen the replay, you already know it's season ending. Which is such a shame for him.

Despite being cheaters, Belichick and Brady are both going to be really excellent additions to the networks this year. I knew Bill would be good but Brady has been surprisingly interesting and entertaining in the few appearances he's made on the shows prior to his debut this weekend.

Despite being cheaters, Belichick and Brady are both going to be really excellent additions to the networks this year. I knew Bill would be good but Brady has been surprisingly interesting and entertaining in the few appearances he's made on the shows prior to his debut this weekend.
'Despite being goats they speak really well about football'

Colour me shocked.

Surprised by all the Giants slander for letting Saquon go. It made zero sense for them to pay him. I am not sure yet even Eagles can justify the contract that we gave him but for a team like the Giants with so many flaws they made the right call.

Caught up with the Eagles Packers game. What a mess. From the pitch to the overall sloppiness of it being week one. Exciting game in the end but not exactly through fantastic football. More just mistakes. Also like 17 flags in total? The first Q in particular was just flag after flag.

Packers will be in trouble without Love.

But, it’s their week 1 outings. And after a long flight to play the game. Bad pitch. And whatever else. Eagles could reasonably get it together especially if Barkley gonna ball like that.

Knee ligaments by the sound of it for Love, such a shame if he’s out for the season because of a last second hail mary play.
I read somewhere that ACL is intact. Obviously there’s a long list of still significant problems between “all good” and “intact”.

Caught up with the Eagles Packers game. What a mess. From the pitch to the overall sloppiness of it being week one. Exciting game in the end but not exactly through fantastic football. More just mistakes. Also like 17 flags in total? The first Q in particular was just flag after flag.

Packers will be in trouble without Love.

But, it’s their week 1 outings. And after a long flight to play the game. Bad pitch. And whatever else. Eagles could reasonably get it together especially if Barkley gonna ball like that.
We will be in trouble with him anyway. Don't trust our defense at all.