Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
We won't, but the fans really need to turn on him now....14th.....F@@KING 14th after 9 games and weve not really had that difficult a run of games!!!!! It's worse than disgraceful. If he's not gone by next weekend I'll have lost all faith in Ineos.

He simply has to go. We can talk about all the misses but our team is simply not coached well.

Look at the way we conceded the first goal, Onana makes a pass, Mazraoui makes another pass to Garnacho who is under pressure. In a well coached team, the moment Mazraoi made that pass, the other players should have made themselves free and provided options to Garnacho but Fernandes had no idea what Garnacho was going to do. Ended up turning over possession in a crucial area. We made this mistake from a goal kick for fecks sake.

Can we call him a fraud now? He conned so many fans and the management into thinking he’s a half-decent football manager.

What’s the point in inventing new ways to fail? The manager might not be the problem but it’s quite clear he doesn’t have a solution to turn it around.

3 of our next 4 games are easy

Even as bad as we are, we’re winning all of Leicester, PAOK and Leicester again.

All 4 are home games too

I think they’ll want to drag it out as much as possible. And it’s very lucky for him that he has a cluster of piss easy games

No such thing as an easy game with ETH in charge, very unlikely we win all three of those games.

I like the idea of a baked potato just sat on the sideline instead.
Tomorrow morning, we live in hope.

breaking-news.jpg

How not ?
There were plenty of chances to go well ahead and bury the game. This felt like one of those games where nothing will go right.
Plus the obvious VAR sucker punch, which decided the game.

I'm no fan of ETH, but I don't feel he made any glaring errors.
That said, his usual one decent/good/passable half of football reared it's head.

There were plenty of chances to go well ahead and bury the game. This felt like one of those games where nothing will go right.
Plus the obvious VAR sucker punch, which decided the game.

That said, his usual one decent/good/passable half of football reared it's head.
I was sitting behind Onana's goals with west ham fans - have season ticket friends.

They were expecting a loss because they know theyve been abysmal for a long time.
They had a laugh with the penalty decision it was a joke amd obvious.
They were signing you're getting sacked in the morning every time ten hag moved. I joined them.

It's frankly absurd that WH fans are laughing with him. Outplaying one of the worst teams in the PL for 45 isnt really anything to be proud of.

We are dreadful.

No such thing as an easy game with ETH in charge, very unlikely we win all three of those games.
Exactly. I guess those people didn’t watch our games at all. Every team is so hard for us to play. We have been always playing at the opponent’s level except the top teams, no matter how low their levels are normally.

The alternative is Ruud, who happens to already be in the dugout, so I can understand the lack of urgency to sack EtH and pay him millions.

But this is the end, just a matter of how long INEOS wants to drag it out.

If we sack him he goes on gardening leave getting paid the same money he would anyway.

Then if he wants a new job we negotiate a settlement to pay up front.

So the earlier we sack him the less money we will pay him overall.

I thought you were serious for a minute :lol: a broken man!

Southgate isn't gonna be hired here. Things are bad but we aren't at that stage and thank feck.... but yeah ETH is done, things are not going to substantially improve

:(
Yeah, i won’t lie - i am a broken man these days. A few of our players plus this manager have done this to me :lol:
I don't disagree, not first choice, it I'd take Gareth. At least he can organise a midfield
Yeah Southgate wouldn’t be on my list at all, unless it’s legitimately only as an interim.

If we sack him he goes on gardening leave getting paid the same money he would anyway.

Then if he wants a new job we negotiate a settlement to pay up front.

So the earlier we sack him the less money we will pay him overall.
And according to his devoted fans last Summer there’d no shortage of interest if he became available, including the best clubs in the world.

It's like watching the two halves of someone's brain fighting with each other. Take a step back and ask yourself how both of those statements can be true. If Ten Hag didn't make any mistakes, how did his side go from dominating in the first half (but not actually scoring, again) to completely losing control and being dominated in the second half? Why didn't he change things? Lopetegui changed things. Lopetegui had a positive impact on his team's performance during the game. Why is it only Ten Hag who's powerless to do anything if the balance of play changes? What is he even being paid for if it's not within his power to do that and so apparently not his fault if he can't? Might as well stick a traffic cone on the sideline and ask the players to look to it for inspiration. Be a big money-saver for Brexit Jim as well. Win/win?

It's all just so uneventful. No whispers/murmurs of anything happening. United with 4 wins in 14 and it doesn't even feel like people blink twice or care about it anymore. I don't see any palpable pressure nor outrage from the press - even the banter from opps and neutrals is very mild. A substantial number of United fans seem resigned to him not going away, others say stuff like "don't think that's a sackable performance"

fecking hell. We might really be finished as a top tier institution.

It's all just so uneventful. No whispers/murmurs of anything happening. United with 4 wins in 14 and it doesn't even feel like people blink twice or care about it anymore. I don't see any palpable pressure nor outrage from the press - even the banter from opps and neutrals is very mild. A substantial number of United fans seem resigned to him not going away, others say stuff like "don't think that's a sackable performance"

fecking hell. We might really be finished as a top tier institution.

We are finished, until proven otherwise. But for now and the next years, we are irrelevant. A proper midtable club. It may take a long while, because Ineos and the football people in place dont seem to understand what is going on.

And according to his devoted fans last Summer there’d no shortage of interest if he became available, including the best clubs in the world.

:lol: Yep expecting an epic fight for Ten Hag once Ancelotti and Kompany are sacked.

I’m just saying I don’t think this was a sackable performance. I think he should have been sacked a long time ago and obviously wouldn’t complain if he goes tomorrow but I do think it’s more important to focus on performances than results if we want to see longterm progress. In that sense, this was better than many of our wins.

A poor second half resulting in a loss against West Ham leaving us 14th in the table is absolutely a sackable performance. Jesus wept, our standards really are on the floor if you don’t think think this performance in this context is sackable.

A poor second half resulting in a loss against West Ham leaving us 14th in the table is absolutely a sackable performance. Jesus wept, our standards really are on the floor if you don’t think think this performance in this context is sackable.
I think this is it for me. The most depressing thing is what we’re settling for. We’re awful and we should be multiple levels above this.

We don’t have a single player that would get in Lpool, City, Arsenal, Chelsea maybe even Spurs which is shocking

He is just waiting to be sacked, I think even he knows that it is a matter of time. Hence the reason to keep bringing up the trophy, but not the actual league from last season.

We are finished, until proven otherwise. But for now and the next years, we are irrelevant. A proper midtable club. It may take a long while, because Ineos and the football people in place dont seem to understand what is going on.

True. I think we should genuinely start viewing ourselves as a mid table club now, that occasionally might finish 3rd or 4th if other clubs capitulate. No reason to think otherwise. We are maybe the old Spurs or Chelsea before their Roman takeover when they were hovering around but never challenging for anything. Maybe worse.

Oh I think they do understand the situation. The issue is most likely who they want to replace Ten Hag with.
Yes it is a slow process.
But it so important that they recruit the right person.
Being a Manchester United fan isn't a lot of fun at the moment.

This was not the result that sacked him.

But you do t get much grace when you've had so many terrible results that mean this is a stackable result.

You buy time by having wins under your belt.

For Ten Hag he has run out of rope.

Suspect the only reason he wasn't sacked a couple of weeks ago is because SJR and the execs don't want to buy him out, especially as there aren't any viable managers to take over mid season. They could of course go with Ruud for the rest of the year, but are probably thinking "Would Ruud get us more success than ETH given the amount of pay out money we would lose by sacking the latter?".

A great point at a tough away game in the Uefa Cup, and almost managed to steal something from the mighty West Ham at their storied athletics stadium.

Can see why Ineos remain confident of success in the Ten Hag era. It just keeps getting better. The signs of progress are clear.