Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
we all know the results are sack worthy, I think it’s just the simple fact that it’ll cost 20m to sack him, and nobody really wants the job that’s keeping Erik in the dugout.

It’s only going one way though, now we’re starting to pick up speed on the downward slope we’ve been on for a while. No chance he’s here at Christmas - they’ll get Fletcher in there if it gets too bad.
They surely put something in the contract to limit the payoff, as everyone knew they'd spent all summer sniffing around other managers.

Oh I think they do understand the situation. The issue is most likely who they want to replace Ten Hag with.
Yes it is a slow process.
But it so important that they recruit the right person.
Being a Manchester United fan isn't a lot of fun at the moment.

There isn’t the perfect manager out there for Manchester United. What you do is get the best that’s available. Don’t do anything stupid like give them 3/4/5 year contracts. If they’re useless, sack him and get another manager in.

Every other club seems to manage fine sacking managers until they get the right one. Why do we have to give managers more time when clearly, the evidence shows, it doesn’t mean things will turn around.

This squad of players needs a new leader and new ideas. I’d just like to see an attempt to change things. Ten Hag has one formation and one plan. His subs rarely make sense. Players must be thinking it as well.

:o

You really don't see a pattern here? Lopetegui, like Glasner a couple of weeks ago (and others before that) figure out what we're doing, makes the necessary changes, and EtH can't respond. I first noticed this all the way back in his first season, e.g. against Chelsea (away) when we were all over them in the first few minutes, then Graham Potter (!!!!) made a tweak in the first half that we couldn't adjust to, and we ended up needing a Casemiro header at the death to salvage a draw. Or at OT against Brighton last season, when DeZerbi decided to simply split his centre-halves wider to beat our press and release Veltman into midfield to do serious damage. No response. And the less said about what Slot did the better ...

The man gets tactically undressed regularly. He's out of his depth in this league.

Exactly, I said it at half time that I fully expect West Ham to come out and match us in the second half because we literally get progressively worse in every game we play under him. Brentford last week was the exception but that probably had more to do with players being riled up after their goal. Otherwise it’s always the same, even if we start well the opposition adjusts and we can’t respond. It even happened in a much heralded 1-0 win v Fulham earlier this season where we outplayed them in the first half but were not actually better than them in the second.

This is the thing for me. A lot of people are surprised by this seasons performances, and I can't figure out why. It's turning out exactly how we knew it would, so why have the majority of people who wanted him to stay suddenly become ten Hag out? This is what you wanted more of.
I guess their hope was having Martinez back will transform the team. That was the narrative last year.

Multiple incidents went his way last season.

Onana should have given a penalty away on the opening night.

Maguire got away with a shove for deny McAtee heading in a rebound.

Gordon should have been awarded a penalty vs us at OT back in May.

He was literally saved by a tight VAR call vs Coventry.

It's not about luck. We are where we deserve to be.
No need for that mate. Every non deluded person can see the guy is spouting nonsenses every time he open his mouth.
I am sick of listening to him.

This is the thing for me. A lot of people are surprised by this seasons performances, and I can't figure out why. It's turning out exactly how we knew it would, so why have the majority of people who wanted him to stay suddenly become ten Hag out? This is what you wanted more of.
The feel good FA cup win temporarily lulled a lot of people, fused with some good old blind optimism of a summer window.

The truth now is that every away game is a potential loss, and any decent team at home can smack us 3-0 too.

The only tiny things letting him cling on are the daft renewal, letting him lash another huge wad away, and a few really harsh calls like today's pen and that Bruno red. Those are perfect excuses for some losses.
There isn't much excuse for having Man Utd finishing 8thand having negative goal difference though. There can't have been many times in the last 40 years where our attack has looked so blunt.

Same every summer, fancy names from other leagues that they've never seen play. Our success was mainly built on buying proven PL quality.

My issue was that in my opinion we didn't really improve the starting line up at all in the summer. Just added depth.
We have a Luke Shaw sized problem on one side. We all know he's quality when fit, so we couldn't risk buying a starter there, hence Maz came in.
De Ligt "should" be better than Maguire, but it's not certain yet.

Zirkzee I don't for a second understand what we were doing there, and Ugarte certainly has it all to prove. I was very nervous when some posters said he's the sort of player we'll try and improve on in a year or so!

I guess their hope was having Martinez back will transform the team. That was the narrative last year.
That was the narrative, yes, but they could just do that this season, too, with Shaw who I'd say is an even bigger miss.
The feel good FA cup win temporarily lulled a lot of people, fused with some good old blind optimism of a summer window.

The truth now is that every away game is a potential loss, and any decent team at home can smack us 3-0 too.

The only tiny things letting him cling on are the daft renewal, letting him lash another huge wad away, and a few really harsh calls like today's pen and that Bruno red. Those are perfect excuses for some losses.
There isn't much excuse for having Man Utd finishing 8thand having negative goal difference though. There can't have been many times in the last 40 years where our attack has looked so blunt.
People don't realise how low our standards are now. You say every away game is a potential loss, and I agree, but people were just laughing at those who were saying we could lose today because West Ham are terrible. I don't think they realise that we're terrible, too!

I said it pre season. You will find next to no examples of teams going from that level of xg performance (15th) one season to even top 6 level the next. Certainly not with the same manager and pretty much the same starting XI. Improving on both was crucial and they didn't do either.

It's all been entirely predictable because it was staring us straight in the face.

Head in the sand nonsense
Of course. It was clear last year that injuries had a marginal impact on our performances and the core of the issue lay with insane tactics but there was a huge group of fans who believed that once he got all his players healthy it would ‘click’. I think some still believe that it’s about to click, so deep is the delusion.

We have a Luke Shaw sized problem on one side. We all know he's quality when fit, so we couldn't risk buying a starter there, hence Maz came in.
De Ligt "should" be better than Maguire, but it's not certain yet.

Zirkzee I don't for a second understand what we were doing there, and Ugarte certainly has it all to prove. I was very nervous when some posters said he's the sort of player we'll try and improve on in a year or so!

A lot of it doesn't make much sense to me but people were so excited in the summer that I didn't want to be a downer.

Before anything happened we should have signed a top class striker with a track record of scoring goals. Deal with the rest of the squad afterwards.

When sacked, Solskjaer had 17 points from 12 games.

Ten hag currently has 11 points from 9 games.

So he would need to win 2 of the next 3 just to match Solskjaer’s points when he was sacked.

That is shocking. We are truly at an all time low which is saying something considering how low the bar has been set since Fergie went.

We used to go mad if we were 7th in the league. I'd fecking love to be 7th right now.

Having to hear all the bullshit excuses last season was a frustrating experience. It was obvious we were fecked regardless of injuries. The fundamentals of the team were all wrong and that was solely on Ten Hag

They surely put something in the contract to limit the payoff, as everyone knew they'd spent all summer sniffing around other managers.
This is true, didn’t they renegotiate when they extended his deal by a year?

ETH might be a terrible manager but no other manager has been shafted by VAR as much as him, plus its not his fault our players just find a way to keep missing chances.

Maybe you make your own luck.

It is his fault because he bought most of the damn team!

Its been an underwhelming start without a doubt and i do appreciate even that statement alone is an underplaying the poor start, but i dont buy that its all the fault of Ineos. We were on a massive downward spiral and its carried on. If we're in this position this time next year then yes i'd be in complete agreement, but its way too soon to put all the blame at their door in my view.

No one will be surprised at how well these players will do under a good coach, we all know they've got ability, thats about the coaching team and not just one individual though.

Feel like im fighting EtH's corner on this and im not, i'm as pissed off as anyone!

No, I get you, it’s a measured response to what’s going on, but the past and its mistakes can’t be remedied. The people in charge now have to get the big decisions right and leaving all these valuable players in the hands of this coach, for another season, would be a suicidal one.

It’s on their watch now, so they need to be held accountable for their own decisions.

He is very clearly doing more harm than good and we shouldn’t be exposing the players to any more of it.

Do we think he genuinely believes he 'turned it round' last season with the cup win or is he just taking the fans for idiots?
He is obviously delusional and thinks what he says is correct and everyone believes him. He also thinks he is a top manager by comparing Mourinhos trophies to his, when he said we are both trophy winners.
He hasnt won a trophy at Utd, but he doesnt know the difference between a cup and a trophy.

So no then. That’s pretty naive considering we publicly undermined him.

I believe reports said a new contract - which would have changed the terms - though attempted by the club, was not agreed, and the club then simply took/activated the year extension option of the original deal

He won't be very mobile, but I'm certain he'd score more than our options when the ball falls to him.

I think Hojlund is a good finisher but our entire attacking setup is about Bruno playing hail marys in behind for our greedy profligate wingers to run onto. I think our future starting attack features Diallo and Hojlund but not Bruno or Rashford. We need to start playing better buildup play and creating chances in and around the box

There isn’t the perfect manager out there for Manchester United. What you do is get the best that’s available. Don’t do anything stupid like give them 3/4/5 year contracts. If they’re useless, sack him and get another manager in.

Every other club seems to manage fine sacking managers until they get the right one. Why do we have to give managers more time when clearly, the evidence shows, it doesn’t mean things will turn around.

This squad of players needs a new leader and new ideas. I’d just like to see an attempt to change things. Ten Hag has one formation and one plan. His subs rarely make sense. Players must be thinking it as well.
I agree. Berrada should say to start you get a 2 year contract + 1 year if the club want to extend. Judge them over 2 years and if no good easy to shift and if decent we got the year buffer to increase the contract.

When sacked, Solskjaer had 17 points from 12 games.

Ten hag currently has 11 points from 9 games.

So he would need to win 2 of the next 3 just to match Solskjaer’s points when he was sacked.

We had higher expectations back then though. We went into the 21-22 season hoping we could launch a title challenge. This year we were hoping we could break into the top 6.

So I'm genuinely wondering, having only been able to watch the first half...

What went wrong/What did ETH do wrong the 2nd half? I mean , looking at the first half we were highly dominating and should have scored about 3.. What the hell happened in the 2nd half and how did ETH influence it (in a negative manner)?

we all know the results are sack worthy, I think it’s just the simple fact that it’ll cost 20m to sack him, and nobody really wants the job that’s keeping Erik in the dugout.

It’s only going one way though, now we’re starting to pick up speed on the downward slope we’ve been on for a while. No chance he’s here at Christmas - they’ll get Fletcher in there if it gets too bad.
How much more would we lose out on next season if we fail to make Europe this season?

How much more would we lose out on prize money if we finish 14th instead of 9th for example?

What went wrong/What did ETH do wrong the 2nd half? I mean , looking at the first half we were highly dominating and should have scored about 3.. What the hell happened in the 2nd half and how did ETH influence it (in a negative manner)?
Game of two halves mate.

Lopetagui reacted and made three substitutions at halftime, West Ham were the better team in the second half. A draw would have been a fair result.

He didn't adjust. In first half West Ham for the most part sat back and let us dictate midfield. For the beginning of the 2nd half it was the opposite. West ham brought more attacking players and kept more in possession. I thought he should have expected that. We should have pressed more as a unit when West ham started playing from the back because they hadn't done that all game. Put them under pressure and force them to play long ball. The longer we let them play and keep possession the more comfortable they were.
And in general this is the biggest problem at UTD. We do control games or dictate play for 90 mins. To do that, one we need to keep possession and play from the back. And two when not in possession, we need to more aggressive with the press and try to win the ball back. We are not a great pressing side and our midfeild doesn't dominate possession especially with Maino out

Like most games, if a team is really, really bad in the first half and are not punished for it, they will come out better in the second half. Some decent subs and the realisation that they are still in the game was enough to have them perform like a not bad West Ham team, which obviously is too much for us at the moment.