Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
He won't survive till the end of the season. Poor manager, tactically completely clueless. But the biggest problem isn't ten Hag. The problem is Ratcliffe and his staff. They signed 3 defenders and a mediocre dutch forward with poor statistics in the Serie A. Well, the team needed defenders for sure, but ironically defense wasn't the biggest issue last season. The biggest issue was the offense. Not enough goals. Who will solve the issue? Zirkzee? Not really. In Italy he scored 14 goals in 58 matches. So, the problem is, i haven't seen so far at least ONE new player who could put the team to a whole new level. I don't expect significant progress this year, would be surprised if the team finished in the top 4.

He won't survive till the end of the season. Poor manager, tactically completely clueless. But the biggest problem isn't ten Hag. The problem is Ratcliffe and his staff. They signed 3 defenders and a mediocre dutch forward with poor statistics in the Serie A. Well, the team needed defenders for sure, but ironically defense wasn't the biggest issue last season. The biggest issue was the offense. Not enough goals. Who will solve the issue? Zirkzee? Not really. In Italy he scored 14 goals in 58 matches. So, the problem is, i haven't seen so far at least ONE new player who could put the team to a whole new level. I don't expect significant progress this year, would be surprised if the team finished in the top 4.

That's the spirit.

Oh well that’s another season without a trophy and terrible football then. Terrible manager who never wins trophies and can‘t outcoach Pep.

We should have signed the best young players in the Serie A and Ligue one instead, and Bayern‘s best cb.

Thought you were quoting Dwight Yorke for a second....or are you him??

Yorke: "Erik ten Hag is a very lucky man to still be the manager of Manchester United. The FA Cup saved his job because what we saw in the Premier League definitely wasn’t enough to get a new contract.

"United were talking to other people so they clearly weren’t totally happy. He now needs to find a style of play that will conjure up results.

"There are a few exceptions like Ruud van Nistelrooy and Japp Stam but players from that league haven’t done very well in England either.

"It’s all well and good wanting to play that way but not at Manchester United who have had their own style, he has to be very careful in finding that balance because United have their own traditions."

He continued: "If Erik ten Hag loses three or four games early in the season, he will be under serious pressure, especially if the other big teams all pull away to leave Manchester United sitting in mid-table.

"The biggest issue for Ten Hag, which could end up costing him his job, is losing to the teams that aren’t Manchester City, Arsenal and Tottenham.

"If they lose to Brighton and Southampton, which is after Liverpool, Ten Hag will have a serious problem.

"There is no way of trying to butter it up and be nice about it.

"Beat the teams around you and things will be fine, if you lose those then that’s what will cost Ten Hag his job."

Hopefully soon we could finally see Ajax football here which ETH is famous for. Now he has all the support and players he needs.

Thought you were quoting Dwight Yorke for a second....or are you him??

Yorke: "Erik ten Hag is a very lucky man to still be the manager of Manchester United. The FA Cup saved his job because what we saw in the Premier League definitely wasn’t enough to get a new contract.

"United were talking to other people so they clearly weren’t totally happy. He now needs to find a style of play that will conjure up results.

"There are a few exceptions like Ruud van Nistelrooy and Japp Stam but players from that league haven’t done very well in England either.

"It’s all well and good wanting to play that way but not at Manchester United who have had their own style, he has to be very careful in finding that balance because United have their own traditions."

He continued: "If Erik ten Hag loses three or four games early in the season, he will be under serious pressure, especially if the other big teams all pull away to leave Manchester United sitting in mid-table.

"The biggest issue for Ten Hag, which could end up costing him his job, is losing to the teams that aren’t Manchester City, Arsenal and Tottenham.

"If they lose to Brighton and Southampton, which is after Liverpool, Ten Hag will have a serious problem.

"There is no way of trying to butter it up and be nice about it.

"Beat the teams around you and things will be fine, if you lose those then that’s what will cost Ten Hag his job."
Yorke was a brilliant player at his peak. Sadly much of what he says just doesn't stack up; Overmars, Suarez and Van Persie all came straight from Dutch league to EPL.

Hopefully soon we could finally see Ajax football here which ETH is famous for. Now he has all the support and players he needs.
Our priority midfield target is Ugarte and we handed Bruno a bumper new contract. It's safe to say there is no controlled football on the horizon. It's going to be chaotic basketball matches against the lower teams and park the bus against the top teams.

However, that's not to say it can't be successful or winning football. Hopefully, with better players it would work out much better than it did last season.

Our priority midfield target is Ugarte and we handed Bruno a bumper new contract. It's safe to say there is no controlled football on the horizon. It's going to be chaotic basketball matches against the lower teams and park the bus against the top teams.

However, that's not to say it can't be successful or winning football. Hopefully, with better players it would work out much better than it did last season.
We could improve on last season and still be nowhere within winning the biggest trophies. Counter attack football won't win the league and the next manager needs to be of the same style really to match our players. The new guys said they'd settle on a clear football style that would be taken forward, unless they get that right we're not winning the big trophies long term.

Gameweek 2: Brighton (a) New
Where exactly are we heading with this project?

A platoon of new players and assistants, but nothing has changed. I think we know where this is going.

I mean, the team is clearly playing better than last season.

Same old, same old. Been fooling ourselves for going into this season with any kind of optimism without any good reason.

He's gone in a matter of months.

I mean, the team is clearly playing better than last season.

Yeah, I witness the same thing. Miles and miles better. And Mount is so important for this style of play. I love to see the team win the ball in the final third this often. Hopefully when Hojlund comes back we'll still keep the same out of possession level of industry.

Unless de Ligt isnt ready to start or not match fit, ETH made the same mistake today as he made when Casemiro signed.

Then he kept playing McT because McT started the season well so Casemiro sat on the bench until McT wasnt playing well anymore.

This season Maguire plays while de Ligt has to sit on the bench and wait for Maguire to stop playing well. Playing Maguire cost a goal today.

Being loyal to players and rewarding good form is fine and all but the better player should start and play.

INEOS should’ve pulled the trigger at the end of last season, same old shit on a stick football. Can’t see it changing no matter how many players he brings in.

Same old, same old. Been fooling ourselves for going into this season with any kind of optimism without any good reason.

He's gone in a matter of months.
It hasn’t been the same old though. Do you understand football. We’ve been playing well only for Maguire feck up

We’re playing better but we don’t have enough goals in this squad. Hojlund is never going to be good enough imo (cue the meltdown) but the kid just doesn’t look like he’s a good finisher, Zirkzee isn’t a pure goal scorer either. So we’re going to struggle this season to finish chances.

It’s a shame because we look better in every other department.

We've been quite good. I wouldn't do anything too drastic at half time.

Unless de Ligt isnt ready to start or not match fit, ETH made the same mistake today as he made when Casemiro signed.

Then he kept playing McT because McT started the season well so Casemiro sat on the bench until McT wasnt playing well anymore.

This season Maguire plays while de Ligt has to sit on the bench and wait for Maguire to stop playing well. Playing Maguire cost a goal today.

Being loyal to players and rewarding good form is fine and all but the better player should start and play.

The love in last weekend for Maguire was strong in here.

Thought we looked set up quite well again in that half, could see what we were doing anyway. Shame again that we aren't making the most of our chances and a bad goal to give away, mostly from individual error.

Doubt we look as good off the ball again once the subs start which is a worry.

A platoon of new players and assistants, but nothing has changed. I think we know where this is going.

We look far more solid this season, to be fair. But it's cost us upfront. Then again it's never easy playing without a forward. Anyway, get Garnacho on, take Amad off...and we can turn it around.

We do look
We've been quite good. I wouldn't do anything too drastic at half time.

Garnacho or Zirkzee for Amad should really be the only change at this point.

I like that we have more structure in the middle of the park, but not having a striker is horrible. To be honest even with Hojlund or Zirkzee up top it's a pretty average forward line, but still has to be better than this.

It hasn’t been the same old though. Do you understand football. We’ve been playing well only for Maguire feck up
"Do you understand football".

I can see that we are still struggling to score against awful opposition. At this stage, I wouldn't be surprised if we struggle to score 50 goals in the leage this season.

Can you not actually see how things have changed?

Lost 3/5 preseason games including defeats to Arsenal & Liverpool. Lost the charity shield to City (admittedly on penalties). Then scraped past a poor Fulham team with a late winner. Now losing to Brighton.

So not much has really changed. People are just seeing what they want to see. We still look like a team incapable of creating chances, scoring goals or regularly winning matches.

I think you'd be well served watching a random match from last season and compare.

"Do you understand football".

I can see that we are still struggling to score against awful opposition. At this stage, I wouldn't be surprised if we struggle to score 50 goals in the leage this season.
We don’t have a striker on the field and having Bruno up there isn’t working because he won’t stay up top.
Zirkcee warming up at half time

Insulting another member
Lost 3/5 preseason games including defeats to Arsenal & Liverpool. Lost the charity shield to City (admittedly on penalties). Then scraped past a poor Fulham team with a late winner. Now losing to Brighton.

So not much has really changed. People are just seeing what they want to see. We still look like a team incapable of creating chances, scoring goals and regularly winning matches.

Using preseason results tells me you're either literally dumb, or bad faith

Edit: or impaired, I suppose