Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
We might end up 16th next weekend if we don’t win our match against Chelsea and
Everton beats Southampton and Leicester beats Ipswich.
Even 14th is terrible but when was the last time this football club was ever 16th in the PL???

Totally agree can see the team losing Wednesday and he finally gets the bullet, he’s been one of the worst coaches we’ve ever seen at Old Trafford, simply by his illusions of grandeur, he can’t see what other see, that’s he’s actually a pretty shi..coach!

Leicester might pick a weakened team and I imagine we will pick our strongest team so it’s probably the easiest game we have coming up. Even so I wouldn't rule out an upset, I am expecting him to go after the Chelsea game, expect them to beat us in similar manner to Spurs and Liverpool.

You are spot on he has been dreadful and it’s been consistent. New signings haven’t helped, being given more former players than any manager could expect hasn’t helped, players returning from injury hasn’t helped. The one constant is ETH and the simple fact he isn’t up to the job.

Suspect the only reason he wasn't sacked a couple of weeks ago is because SJR and the execs don't want to buy him out, especially as there aren't any viable managers to take over mid season. They could of course go with Ruud for the rest of the year, but are probably thinking "Would Ruud get us more success than ETH given the amount of pay out money we would lose by sacking the latter?".

Sank cost fallacy. His salary is already a sank cost. Unless he does something that is in breach of his contract and can get sacked without further compensation, he's going to be paid the remainder of his contract no matter what. The only question here is if he stays for the duration, or we let a caretaker take over for this season. For me it's clear he needs to get sacked to a) hopefully jolt the squad and b) show that this level of results is unacceptable. At the moment we're a laughing stock and are sending the signal that we're fine with results that are not exactly mediocre... but more befitting a club fighting for league survival.

PS. Typically, severance compensation is also paid gradually until contract maturity and not as a lump sum. And if he finds different employment before the contract maturity, they can stop altogether.

This is a dereliction of duty by INEOS. Sack Ten Hag tonight. This has gone on long enough. It's staggering incompetence.

We'd have a lot more points if Ten Hag was stadium banned for every game.
I actually agree. We'd be in a better position if ETH planned regular training and someone else takes the stands on matchday.

What genuinely cracks me up is how shocked ETH looks whenever some other coach adapts to his master plan and adjusts their team to do better.

I'm sitting there like: "It happens every game, mate"

Last edited:
Even 14th is terrible but when was the last time this football club was ever 16th in the PL???

14th was basically our expected points last season.

Based on our performances and stats, we actually massively overachieved last season in the league.

Thats whats scary, is that actually the luck has run out and we are getting what we deserve.

We will probably see a slight upturn in results in the next few fixtures because of the poor quality opposition but we still wont take maximum points. And then we’ll play some half decent teams again and start losing or dropping points again as we have continually under him. Like that weird run last year where we played all the bottom 6 teams and kept scraping single goal margin wins and were top of the form table, only to fall apart again once the quality of opposition picked up a bit.

So it just begs the question why are they delaying the inevitable because at this rate by the time he’s gone its going to be a salvage operation to just finish top half

650m spent and still needing to use Lindelof and Dalot.
Exactly, the scary thing is 85% of the squad are players that have come in over the past three summers either through transfers or from the academy in which ETH has been in charge.

I honestly don’t think it’s exaggerating or hyperbole to say ETH is THE WORST manager we’ve had post Sir Alex and I’m including Moyes and Rangnick in that as neither of those had anywhere near the money or time that ETH has, I don’t think any United manager has ever been backed like ETH has either.

I’m just as furious at Ineos as I am ETH though as they proclaimed this big change and new era bollocks then bottled a simple decision in the summer based on a one off cup game and completely ignored what had had become clearly obvious by then and dated all the way back to the League Cup win against Newcastle, I truly believe even the Glazer’s and Woodward would have done a better and more ruthless job in regards to ETH’s job.

Based on our performances and stats, we actually massively overachieved last season in the league.

Thats whats scary, is that actually the luck has run out and we are getting what we deserve.

We will probably see a slight upturn in results in the next few fixtures because of the poor quality opposition but we still wont take maximum points. And then we’ll play some half decent teams again and start losing or dropping points again as we have continually under him. Like that weird run last year where we played all the bottom 6 teams and kept scraping single goal margin wins and were top of the form table, only to fall apart again once the quality of opposition picked up a bit.

So it just begs the question why are they delaying the inevitable because at this rate by the time he’s gone its going to be a salvage operation to just finish top half

Bingo. A number of teams that finished below us last season actually outplayed us on one or both occasions when we played them. Brighton, Fulham, Bournemouth, Palace were better than us in both games last season, West Ham and Brentford played us off the park at home. Meanwhile we did not really perform better in 1v1 against any team that finished above us bar Chelsea (who we outplayed at OT and went toe to toe with at Stamford).

Where he has got us 3 years into his tenure is closer to Bournemouth, Fulham and Brentford than Arsenal and Liverpool (won’t even mention City).

Is that actually right? I know we were outperforming the underlying stats but surely we were better than that?
It’s not. Our xPTS was not 14th, it was 15th. At slightly under 45 points the only teams lower than that were the 3 relegated sides, West Ham and Wolves.

We have probably improved performance wise versus last season to a point where we should probably land at xPTS closer to 50 and I expect this to be our year end tally as well. Basically anything between 45 and 55 seems realistic.

https://understat.com/league/EPL/2023

Is that actually right? I know we were outperforming the underlying stats but surely we were better than that?

No i’m wrong. Just checked, we should have had 40 points last season and finished 16th according to the whole expected points/position thing

I might be mistaken but I recall ETH got "manager of the month" award just because we scrapped some wins against garbage teams, it just hapenned this was all in one month first half of the season. Everything before that and after that was utter shite, what made this whole award situation quite ridiculous.

I still dont think he'll get sacked personally, i think Ineos set a plan at the start of the season with milestones and key points in time where they make decisions and it doesn't feel like we're at that point.

I think we're in for a few more tough weeks before the decision is made.

Things got worse. How can that possibly be, and what the hell is Ineos waiting for? He should have been replaced months ago

It’s not. Our xPTS was not 14th, it was 15th. At slightly under 45 points the only teams lower than that were the 3 relegated sides, West Ham and Wolves.

We have probably improved performance wise versus last season to a point where we should probably land at xPTS closer to 50 and I expect this to be our year end tally as well. Basically anything between 45 and 55 seems realistic.

https://understat.com/league/EPL/2023

We are more ‘individual moments’ than ever then, obviously. As much as we berate some players, its obviously individual quality dragging us up over any sort of cohesive team strategy.

Weird how some podcasters still do podcast's praising ETH tactical setup and identity etc.

I still dont think he'll get sacked personally, i think Ineos set a plan at the start of the season with milestones and key points in time where they make decisions and it doesn't feel like we're at that point.

Of course he won’t get sacked after today, and with next 4 games after Chelsea looking quite okay he will probably do just enough to clear up any doubts over his future by December.

I might be mistaken but I recall ETH got "manager of the month" award just because we scrapped some wins against garbage teams, it just hapenned this was all in one month first half of the season. Everything before that and after that was utter shite, what made this whole award situation quite ridiculous.

I didnt know that! It was a weird period because we were scraping past burnley with a jonny evans set piece goal and people were still ignoring what was obvious, pointing to the form table and claiming it would be the start of something when in reality we were always going to flounder again once the kind run of fixtures ended

This reflects on them now, whether they like it or not. They have chosen to back him on several occasions, so the incompetence is all their own now.

They are now 100% part of the laughing stock. Coming into a United that failed to win 9 of its last 13 games and making them worse? That is really something.

They are officially 100% to blame as of right now