Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ah this is painful. How much longer can this go on. We need anyone at the minute just to bring us hope.

Jim if you are reading this come on...please pull the trigger now.

No the point is we’re happy to scrape the bottom of the barrel just because we’re desperate to get rid of ETH. There’s no evidence that most of the managers mentioned would improve us.

A replacement would have to do something remarkable to be as bad as ETH. We've been in relegation form for 6 months.

Not sure about that. Many of us weren't convinced by that win and still thought he should have been a goner and feared exactly what happened later (that INEOS were dumb enough to keep and even extend him).
True that he still should have gone based on the league position. But you could argue after out smarting pep in the final he deserved another year. And we did play better than them. We had an actual plan

Why does he keep saying we "turned it around" last season? Because of the one off FA Cup final match?

No the point is we’re happy to scrape the bottom of the barrel just because we’re desperate to get rid of ETH. There’s no evidence that most of the managers mentioned would improve us.

A homeless man off the street could easily improve us. There's barely anything to improve.

As someone who absolutely loves the netherlands and having lived there, Im absolutely sick to my stomach of everything erdivisie related in our club. Enough with the dutch experiment. Ruud is way out of his league and doesnt deserve to be interim.

Just want ETH gone. I would give it to Evans if needed just to get rid

Several times this season he's referred to last year as a success because we won the FA Cup.

He's completely deluded.
The FA Cup win was great, and I'll always enjoy that
but had Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Chelsea etc had the league we had, they'd be on 3 managers

A replacement would have to do something remarkable to be as bad as ETH. We've been in relegation form for 6 months.

Well I find it interesting that a lot of those who support Ten Hag paint the picture that it's Ten Hag or Ruud.

I understand that we may give Ruud the job as an interim but we are only in October and I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see us give it to Ruud for a couple of weeks then hire someone more suitable until the end of the season.

For me this is the worst it's been since Fergie, and now it's because of the hope. That first half was decent, lots of nice passages of play. And then we lose again. Other managers had the decency to just crumble, but this time these players are refusing to down tools because I assume Ten Hag has compromising photos of them all choking horses.

Please don't respond to VP89, as he cannot respond.
Because you shot him? Bloody hell man, you didn't have to take him out.

Remember after the Spurs (H) loss, we were told ETH was under pressure from upstairs to "turn things around"

Do you know our record since then?
1-3-1

Not really "turning it around" now, is it?

It genuinely feels like Ten Hag is doing PR for himself at this point.
He really does refuse to admit any kind of responsibility which makes him even more unlikeable and the situation more frustrating.

True that he still should have gone based on the league position. But you could argue after out smarting pep in the final he deserved another year. And we did play better than them. We had an actual plan

Plenty of mediocre managers have had plans, and got the better of world class mangers from time to time. There was no excuse to keep him on even after that final. Last season was absolutely disgraceful on pretty much every metric. INEOS completely fecked us this season the second they decided to keep him on. Most of us knew it.

He believes he 'turned it around' last season.

Multiple incidents went his way last season.

Onana should have given a penalty away on the opening night.

Maguire got away with a shove for deny McAtee heading in a rebound.

Gordon should have been awarded a penalty vs us at OT back in May.

He was literally saved by a tight VAR call vs Coventry.

It's not about luck. We are where we deserve to be.

He deserved another year based on one game vs 38 league games prior to that? No way.

It's almost cruel at this point to allow him to carry on.
3 of our next 4 games are easy

Even as bad as we are, we’re winning all of Leicester, PAOK and Leicester again.

All 4 are home games too

I think they’ll want to drag it out as much as possible. And it’s very lucky for him that he has a cluster of piss easy games

I'm coming to the conclusion that INEOS haven't sacked ten Hag yet because they are deliberately trying to drive down the price of obtaining the rest of the club by thinking we will be cheaper if we finish lower.

Even as bad as we are, we’re winning all of Leicester, PAOK and Leicester again.

All 4 are home games too

I think they’ll want to drag it out as much as possible. And it’s very lucky for him that he has a cluster of piss easy games

It's once again the perfect time to get somebody else in, and build some confidence, but they probably won't.

They wont. Even if we get relegated, the majority will clap him off. It is not even a joke

At some point you have to wonder, if anyone would notice any difference if you just replaced football fans with some well trained dogs.

You could easily train dogs to enthusiastically bark for the home team and snarl at the opposition regardless of what's happening on the pitch, if that's all the role of fans is reduced down to.

Not saying this specifically about our fans but in general, if that's all good fans should do. I personally believe a big part of the fans role is to support the club, by giving feedback, demanding standards and trying to influence/egg the club into making change when things are not working.

Its 1-1 away to a West Ham side that had more holes in their midfield than something with a lot of holes in. VAR was shit on us, not doubt, but how the feck are we not beating these comfortably by 60 minutes is beyond me.

All 4 are home games too

He’ll probably make the game against the Greek side at OT look so fecking hard. We made Twente look competent.

We played against West Ham, and didn't even play well for the full 90 minutes. We also fecking lost to them, couldn't even draw. Do you think we'll play like this against the next serious team we face?
I’m just saying I don’t think this was a sackable performance. I think he should have been sacked a long time ago and obviously wouldn’t complain if he goes tomorrow but I do think it’s more important to focus on performances than results if we want to see longterm progress. In that sense, this was better than many of our wins.

For me this is the worst it's been since Fergie, and now it's because of the hope. That first half was decent, lots of nice passages of play. And then we lose again. Other managers had the decency to just crumble, but this time these players are refusing to down tools because I assume Ten Hag has compromising photos of them all choking horses.

Because you shot him? Bloody hell man, you didn't have to take him out.
I would have much preferred to be hammered today and look headless. The second Garnacho missed his second chance it was clear as day, we would make a show of ourselves in the first half trying to score a goal, West Ham would come out better in the second half and do us(in terms of performance). The exact same as the Palace game.

I’m just saying I don’t think this was a sackable performance. I think he should have been sacked a long time ago and obviously wouldn’t complain if he goes tomorrow but I do think it’s more important to focus on performances than results if we want to see longterm progress. In that sense, this was better than many of our wins.

What wins?

It genuinely feels like Ten Hag is doing PR for himself at this point.
He's been doing that since the end of last season. Did people already forget his arrogance in the face of rumours about him being sacked, saying he'd just go somewhere else and win trophies if he wasn't wanted here? He doesn't accept any responsibility for his failures. In his mind it's all down to bad luck, bad decisions and not getting enough support from the club.

Multiple incidents went his way last season.

Onana should have given a penalty away on the opening night.

Maguire got away with a shove for deny McAtee heading in a rebound.

Gordon should have been awarded a penalty vs us at OT back in May.

He was literally saved by a tight VAR call vs Coventry.

It's not about luck. We are where we deserve to be.
And XPts had us 6 places lower than the 8th we finished.

The complete opposite of bad luck.