Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think the displays are much worse than under Van Gaal. Dour, soulless football.

He will look decent against a Villa team probably suffering from a European Hangover.

No structure of play and our best player on the pitch is a 37 year old CB...

We've had a day less to prepare and we had to fly out to Portugal. I'm all for being critical and there's so much to be critical off. But European hangover is not something to give them credit for.

I think the displays are much worse than under Van Gaal. Dour, soulless football.

I mean both were crap but yeah I'd agree. Van Gaal had a lot of control with no cutting edge, Ten Hag has no cutting edge and very rarely has any sustained control.

The season when he trashed Sporting and Dortmund twice was 21/22 season. That was different season than 18/19 so it wasn’t fluke.
Good for him. His crowning achievement in European competition remains an embarrassing capitulation to Spurs and topping his CL group one time. Shame he hasn't had the chance to prove his talents in Europe since then.

Erik to keep his job following a stinky 0-0 draw?
It would be two handy results in a row from difficult away games but I think if we play horribly this half and somehow cling to a 0-0 he will still be at considerable risk. If we go toe to toe with them then that would look a bit better.

@Sarni does the nightmare end today/tomorrow?
We cannot fire him after a game in which he was forced to play Evans and Lindelof at the back, regardless of result (and he’s actually getting us a fantastic result now at 0-0).

Nobody can watch this and think he deserves more time. There is nothing to build on with this type of display. With undroppable players that should be dropped, lack of any actual tactics on display and our best defender despite the hundreds of millions spent still being a 36 year old.

It's easy to hark back to the days of Fergie etc but where is the intent here. 1 upfront, we need points so we now revert to err..............................................less than one upfront with a false 9.

Not criticising Zirkzee either.

Next time can we just give £600 million and 3 years to Sean Dyche for the hell of it and see how it goes?
Would probably be better than this.

He should take Emery out for a drink after this game for saving him his job.

If this ends 0-0, this is INEOS second major decision regarding ETH, except in this case we haven't even won a game of football or trophy. If he's still here after the international break I think it's safe to say we're going nowhere under Radcliffe and his boys.

If this ends 0-0, this is INEOS second major decision regarding ETH, except in this case we haven't even won a game of football or trophy. If he's still here after the international break I think it's safe to say we're going nowhere under Radcliffe and his boys.
The way how he set this game, he is pretty confident that he is staying with a draw.

Gonna be real fun trying to sell all these Dutch / Eredivisie flops over the next few years.

This is the identity of this team, can't score to win, players happily getting yellow and red cards, useless substitutions, useless tactics and boring manager.

We hear him bullshit about 'rotation often while making decisions like choosing to play Eriksen for 180 minutes over 3 days...

We are still 14th in the table, with just 5 goals scored in 7 PL matches. Only Southampton have scored less.

INEOS need to be sensible and move him on, soul destroying to watch us play.

Utterly dreadful stuff. Our attack is a disgrace.

A point no better than a loss. Get him out.