Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Suspect the only reason he wasn't sacked a couple of weeks ago is because SJR and the execs don't want to buy him out, especially as there aren't any viable managers to take over mid season. They could of course go with Ruud for the rest of the year, but are probably thinking "Would Ruud get us more success than ETH given the amount of pay out money we would lose by sacking the latter?".

Maybe not but at least with RVN you might get some goodwill from the fans and some positivity around the club again due the affection the fans have for him.

Honestly, could he do any worse?

I agree with all your points, but it ain't happening. INEOs made the call to keep him in the summer, now it's been proven to be an awful call but they won't sack him now they want to safe face. They won't accept they feck up keeping him when everyone knew what it has to be done.

Each match I think ok now this is it, enough is enough yet he's still here. If anything it he'll be here until the next international brake. No chance he'll leave this week.
They put RVN in as a contingency plan, he won’t be here past next weekend he’s gone, his team can’t score goals and with players like Hojlund, Rashford, Eriksen, Bruno, Garnaucho, Mount, Amad and Zirkzee you must score goals.

Now as much as I think they are a reasonably talented bunch we need a couple of sure things, Brian Mbeumo and Danny Wellbeck have 12/13 PL goals this season, we should get Thomas Frank and give him Mbeumo and wellbeck im sure we can the both for £50-60m in the January window

Fortunately it's not really a one season game INEOS are playing.

Not saying it isn't shit that they seem happy to just write this season off, though. They have to get the right man in when they make their move.
Does that mean the 'right man' wants to stick with his current team until the summer? Or that he wasn't ready to leave his current team last summer? Because I don't understand where the right man will come from otherwise...

No such thing as an easy game with ETH in charge, very unlikely we win all three of those games.
Totally agree can see the team losing Wednesday and he finally gets the bullet, he’s been one of the worst coaches we’ve ever seen at Old Trafford, simply by his illusions of grandeur, he can’t see what other see, that’s he’s actually a pretty shi..coach!

I agree with all your points, but it ain't happening. INEOs made the call to keep him in the summer, now it's been proven to be an awful call but they won't sack him now they want to safe face. They won't accept they feck up keeping him when everyone knew what it has to be done.

Each match I think ok now this is it, enough is enough yet he's still here. If anything it he'll be here until the next international brake. No chance he'll leave this week.

I’ll never understand this face saving reasoning for not sacking him. It’s their first full season after taking charge of the footballing operation at the club and they’re on course to have us in a relegation scrap, that’s a much worse look than admitting you fecked up keeping the manager on.

Does that mean the 'right man' wants to stick with his current team until the summer? Or that he wasn't ready to leave his current team last summer? Because I don't understand where the right man will come from otherwise...

Hoeness, Inzaghi, Alonso and Nagelsman (won't be available until after 2026 though) all fall into that category.

The season isn't entirely lost. We have 7 points distance to relegation and 7 points distance to a CL spot. If we act now we might actually save this season but if we wait another month it's over and any chance, as small as it may be of a 4th place finish will be gone.

I’ll never understand this face saving reasoning for not sacking him. It’s their first full season after taking charge of the footballing operation at the club and they’re on course to have us in a relegation scrap, that’s a much worse look than admitting you fecked up keeping the manager on.
Same here - I don't the face saving theory. The only marginally valid reason for not pulling the trigger is the lack of alternatives/no good alternatives wanting to join us (which would be easy to understand btw).

But even then, a questionable interim manager would surely not be worse than EtH.

Why fight for title when 8th place do trick.
Well maybe that’s why INEOS kept him he fits their mediocre agenda, let’s be honest here they have no track record with Nice or FC Lausanne, if we don’t see some serious change with personal and the manager, the fans should just start boycotting the games, we’ll never do that because we’re blindly loyal but we will be heard and Sir Jim and his team might not like what they hear?

its clear only if the fans turn the heat on Ratcliffe will changes happen.

Suspect the only reason he wasn't sacked a couple of weeks ago is because SJR and the execs don't want to buy him out, especially as there aren't any viable managers to take over mid season. They could of course go with Ruud for the rest of the year, but are probably thinking "Would Ruud get us more success than ETH given the amount of pay out money we would lose by sacking the latter?".
I’ve always thought 90% of it is motivation

Ten Hag is as motivational as a testicle

I think Nistelrooy would get much more from them as an interim option

If it’s not tomorrow, INEOS can go with him. They messed up with taking up the option on him and wrote the season off as they did.

The season isn't entirely lost. We have 7 points distance to relegation and 7 points distance to a CL spot. If we act now we might actually save this season but if we wait another month it's over and any chance, as small as it may be of a 4th place finish will be gone.
Yeo this is what a proper Elite ‘Best in Class’ Structure would do, wait didn’t we pay compensation and go head hunting the best in the business to do just this?

Too Many cooks and that’s our problem, we now need an emergency meeting, where Joel Glazer, SJR, Sir David brailsford, Roger Bell, Omar Berrada, Dan Ashworth, Jason Wilcox , Jean Claude Blanc, Christopher Vivell and Avram Glazer all draw lots and say ‘Ya’ or “Nay”

We need a decision maker not multiple voices, this is probably the teams problem too, they are listening to too many voices. Right now even Jose wouldn’t be the worse call?

I think he would win the Europa League even with this squad but if we want a guy to try and stabilise and build things we should go get Thomas Frank, let him talk Eriksen into another year, give him £50m to sign Brian Mbeumo and tell him he can do his part for his country by getting Rasmus and Chido forming a deadly partnership in the next two years!

ETH needs to go.

Yes I know there's not a lot of points to make up until we're in a Champions League place but I can't see us doing it with ETH in charge of this team.

We need someone who can motivate and get the best out of the players, ETH isn't that person.

We might end up 16th next weekend if we don’t win our match against Chelsea and
Everton beats Southampton and Leicester beats Ipswich.

Table looks grim. 9 Points, 11 games. Scored 8, Conceded 11. Points and position wise closer to relegation zone than top 4. Closer to bottom than top.

Surely he gets taken out of his memory soon?

Just skimmed through all the pages since the game. With all that's been said, you realise that all of this will be brushed under the carpet by many if we win against Leicester next, right? We won't even need to play well. Manage a scrappy 3 points against a pretty rubbish team and we're back on the roundabout again.

I'd thought 2013/2014, 2021/22, 2023/24 seasons were low points that will never be beaten, but feck me, we're making a good effort this season

Says something that so few people actually expect him to be sacked

At this point it feels like it’s going to take something extreme. Like losing 9-0 or Ten Hag sending nudes to a staff member

I think it's time for him to go now. He's tried, but it's just not working. Players look like they don't have any belief or confidence in him. He doesn't seem like he can inspire or motivate this group at all.

Just skimmed through all the pages since the game. With all that's been said, you realise that all of this will be brushed under the carpet by many if we win against Leicester next, right? We won't even need to play well. Manage a scrappy 3 points against a pretty rubbish team and we're back on the roundabout again.
Don't think we will get 3 points in the next game mate.

Can we go back to the summer, change the manager, and re-think the transfers please?

Probably right but the next league game is Chelsea. Leicester midweek is a cup game

100%.

We could've converted every chance today and been out of sight.

But even if we did, does anyone genuinely believe we'd be top 6 if we converted our chances week in week out? The system is flawed, and the ultimate rendition of it is still not good enough.
No appointment will be a sure thing. However the sooner we get started the better for us.

Amazing how people are letting him off the hook because of a dodgy penalty but forget we are on course to draw the game as if that was all fine, is this our new standards, being a midtable team that rejoices being hard to beat?

I was sitting behind Onana's goals with west ham fans - have season ticket friends.

They were expecting a loss because they know theyve been abysmal for a long time.
They had a laugh with the penalty decision it was a joke amd obvious.
They were signing you're getting sacked in the morning every time ten hag moved. I joined them.

It's frankly absurd that WH fans are laughing with him. Outplaying one of the worst teams in the PL for 45 isnt really anything to be proud of.

We are dreadful.

Does Ten Hag even know sign language? :confused:

Says something that so few people actually expect him to be sacked

At this point it feels like it’s going to take something extreme. Like losing 9-0 or Ten Hag sending nudes to a staff member
He's most likely seeing out the season. I'm not even mad despite wanting ten Hag out for ages because this is what the majority of the fan base asked for after beating City in the final.
Don't think we will get 3 points in the next game mate.

Probably right but the next league game is Chelsea. Leicester midweek is a cup game
Oh, shoot, yeah! Still, if we qualify, any win will be enough to end up on the roundabout again.

Leicester is a cup game not a league game.

There were plenty of chances to go well ahead and bury the game. This felt like one of those games where nothing will go right.
Plus the obvious VAR sucker punch, which decided the game.

I'm no fan of ETH, but I don't feel he made any glaring errors.
That said, his usual one decent/good/passable half of football reared it's head.
How many games is this going to happen, chances were missed, he had the chance to bring in players who would fix this with multiple transfer windows
VAR? Looked a foul to me

We have hit rock bottom many times in the last 10 years but we were never 14th. As much as I wanted ETH to work especially after that first season, I just don't think this plan or set up is working or ever going to work