Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
3 of our next 4 games are easy

Even as bad as we are, we’re winning all of Leicester, PAOK and Leicester again.

All 4 are home games too

I think they’ll want to drag it out as much as possible. And it’s very lucky for him that he has a cluster of piss easy games
We’re losing to Chelsea though and could be quite badly beat there.

This is the worst post-SAF. We are now 7 points from the relegation. People probably still feel relegation is far away. In some sense, it is. But, Ipswich has been scoring many goals, once they start winning, they will jump ahead. It’s ridiculous this team is put into such a situation. We have lost four league games already?!

4 wins in 14 games. One of them against Barnsley. You can say today wasn’t on Ten Hag, but the bigger picture is.

True that he still should have gone based on the league position. But you could argue after out smarting pep in the final he deserved another year. And we did play better than them. We had an actual plan
No you couldn’t. Does no one remember the only reason we won was partly due to an absolute howler from Ortega? Otherwise that game goes to ET. We hardly created anything after the second goal. Great box defending and organization to see the game out sure but I dont understand this notion that we clearly outplayed City in that final or it was some masterclass in management. It was a tight scrappy game that we edged due to some luck, a single brilliant move, and monstrous box defending from Rafa and Martinez and co.

He much longer are they going to keep flogging this dead horse. Just get rid of him. Xavi is available. Fans want us to play a more possession orientatied game with lots of width. Xavi is your man.

Or anyone else who's out of contract. Failing that pop down Manchester job centre, and ask any lads in the dole queue if they fancy the job. Anyone will be an improvement on ETH.

You can always sign a manager for next season (Amorim, Iraola, inzaghi etc.), sack Ten Hag and give it to Ruud and the other Dutch assistant til the end of the season.

Just keeping him and seeing the decline weekly is not a solution. Shows more the incompetence.
Yeah I’m leaning 95/5 to incompetence. Fully agree he needed to be gone yesterday.

I knew Ratcliffe was going to be a disaster, looks like I was right. Heading in to probably our worst season ever post saf.
Fortunately it's not really a one season game INEOS are playing.

Not saying it isn't shit that they seem happy to just write this season off, though. They have to get the right man in when they make their move.

journalist gave him a softball question to shine a spotlight on oliver, who was named by journalist. Ten hag let it go and said he wont criticise any person.

That's the last straw for me. I dont want a manager who wont come out swinging.

No you couldn’t. Does no one remember the only reason we won was partly due to an absolute howler from Ortega? Otherwise that game goes to ET. We hardly created anything after the second goal. Great box defending and organization to see the game out sure but I dont understand this notion that we clearly outplayed City in that final or it was some masterclass in management. It was a tight scrappy game that we edged due to some luck, a single brilliant move, and monstrous box defending from Rafa and Martinez and co.

But even if we did outplay City, which I'm not saying we actually did, it was a total one off game anyway. The idea that one game means everything else gets ignored and " he deserved" another season is ludicrous. If we'd had the exact same PL season last year and won the CL I still don't think I'd have wanted ETH to keep his job. Certainly not with the FA Cup.

Last season was fecking grim and this year has somehow felt even worse.

I mean you have to ask how the feck he’s still in the job. Poor last season and we look to be even worse.

He can’t seem to integrate any of his new players either. Casemiro has looked dead so we brought in Ugarte and Eriksen was widely available for transfer in the summer and will most likely leave at the end of the season yet they’re our starting midfielders?

'We turned things around last season"

Won 3 of the last 10 PL games and Finished 8th. What the feck is he on about?

It is absurd isn't it, up until the Arsenal game Utd had showcased some of the most disgustingly wretched footballing structure possibly ever seen from a supposed top Club. Finally after 50 games of unexplainable tactics he finally changed tact and made the team more compact. City throwing in the first goal has his ego tripping balls.

Another defeat and this man isn’t even in the faintest peril or close to losing his job. :lol:

Do we think he genuinely believes he 'turned it round' last season with the cup win or is he just taking the fans for idiots?

He went the way he would have wanted, defending some half decent passing from a Ten Hag side in a game they lost.
Knowing Raoul, "the way" would have included a barrel of acid and an unmarked barge in international waters. Oh shit.

Hi, this is Mr Pigeon. I am fine. I have decided to stop posting on this soccer forum. Once again, I am fine and not in Guantanamo. Do not attempt to contact me.

I can’t stand him now, but a coach is just a coach, even such an arrogant, stubborn and untalented one.

The real sinking feeling is coming from INEOS now. Cost cutting (which they have previous for), no ambition (which they have previous for) and allowing him to still be in a job 7 points off relegation and winless in the Europa League?

This could be worse than under the Glazers. A slow decline to nothingness.

Just change the fecking coach and give us a fecking fighting chance! He doesn’t deserve the next run of games and more excuses.

He believes he 'turned it around' last season.

We hadn’t qualifyied for Europe due to our league position but apparently he turned it around with a lucky cup win v City that got us in the Europa League. The man is deluded . I’m so sick of hearing about that cup win from him. It was a shit show of a season last but this is much worse.

I would have much preferred to be hammered today and look headless. The second Garnacho missed his second chance it was clear as day, we would make a show of ourselves in the first half trying to score a goal, West Ham would come out better in the second half and do us(in terms of performance). The exact same as the Palace game.
Whilst it looks like we're playing well at times (well, on two occasions this season for short periods), I'm just not seeing much confidence. There's always that desperation, players snatching at chances because they don't know if they'll get another in this setup.

He believes he 'turned it around' last season.

He says it's not about him but about luck. So what do we need him for then? Replace him with a baked potato and be done with it.

We also didn't turn it around last season, Erik. We finished 8th.

journalist gave him a softball question to shine a spotlight on oliver, who was named by journalist. Ten hag let it go and said he wont criticise any person.

He’s been like this all along

Remember saying even when we looked good for a while in season 1 that I didn’t like how soft he was on officials.

I sense he doesn’t understand the “politics” and he doesn’t have that fire in his gut that you need. I think he lacks ambition too.

More than anything with the next manager, I want one with fire and ambition. It’s a shame Tuchel is gone. I’d have liked him.

I expect him to go after the inevitable loss to Chelsea, every extra game he gets is a complete waste of time but I think he’ll get a couple more.

His win % is plummetting. It's now at 54.69%.

Ole's was 54.17%.

His loss ratio is much higher than LvG, Mourinho and Ole's.

He says it's not about him but about luck. So what do we need him for then? Replace him with a baked potato and be done with it.

We also didn't turn it around last season, Erik. We finished 8th.
I like the idea of a baked potato just sat on the sideline instead.

He did that? Guy won't even stand up and fight a ridiculous decision.

I used to have a boss like that. Wouldn't stand up for his team, would always relent and play the nice guy when we're forced by other departments to do things that shouldn't be done by us...we had zero respect for him.

I was a long, long time ETH apologist given the ridiculous injuries and imbalanced squad last season. But we are now 14th, a quarter into the season, and are absolutely awful. It has to be on the manager.

Even the poor finishing is a product of how erratic we are. There's no control, no composure and no consistency. It's been 2.5 years.

It's done. Rip the bandaid off.

I’m tired of saying it. I’ve said it since the Coventry game, I said it after the cup final.

I’m just fed up now and with every passing day, I lose a little bit of faith in INEOS.

3 of our next 4 games are easy

Even as bad as we are, we’re winning all of Leicester, PAOK and Leicester again.

All 4 are home games too

I think they’ll want to drag it out as much as possible. And it’s very lucky for him that he has a cluster of piss easy games

I don't know, those Leicester games are definitely not a foregone conclusion when you've won 1 of your last 8 games. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they get at least one result against us.

I think if we get battered by Chelsea next week that might be the game. However knowing us we'll turn up for that game which at this point would actually piss me off.

Let’s offer that manager from stuttgart the job. He’ll join us right now.

The alternative is Ruud, who happens to already be in the dugout, so I can understand the lack of urgency to sack EtH and pay him millions.

But this is the end, just a matter of how long INEOS wants to drag it out.

Are there any rumblings in the press that the sacking is near? Or is it just radio silence as per usual?