Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
I want him gone but not off today's result, If we go in at half time with a 2-0 lead it's a different story for him but now there's a good chance we might be down to 15th or 16th next week and that's just not acceptable after 10 games.

We're in a relegation scrap.
Christ alive, the panic button has well and truly been hit, sack him.

Once he goes the person who made the decision to stick with him during the summer should probably go as well, whoever made that decision has cost the club £200m+ and probably another season of Champions League football

If only. Was a disastrous summer all round.
Some posters genuinely believed we'd had a superb summer window. Probably people who had never even heard of some of the signings or seen them play anytime recently.

To say any signings are good without them playing a game for us after the last decade is madness.

Once he goes the person who made the decision to stick with him during the summer should probably go as well, whoever made that decision has cost the club £200m+ and probably another season of Champions League football
Briliant. Let's kick the supposed "top management" guys we've only just brought in!

When sacked, Solskjaer had 17 points from 12 games.

Ten hag currently has 11 points from 9 games.

So he would need to win 2 of the next 3 just to match Solskjaer’s points when he was sacked.

Stretford Paddock have been very pro ETH. They are slowly admitting he will be sacked. As an aside, I do like their stuff just disagreed with then on ETH for quite some time
I despise Howson. He's as bad as Goldbridge.

To be honest, I'm not sure why anyone consumes fan channel content. Mainstream shows like The Overlap are bad enough. Goldbridge, Howson and Neville all lead me to clenching my fist like Arthur. :lol:

I actually try to avoid all United related content. Some of the stuff that these people and fans in general have come out with during Ole and ten Hag's reigns... make me believe that we don't deserve nice things.

Sky Sports are running with, “Manchester United slipped to defeat against West Ham to increase the pressure on ten Hag.”

What pressure? The man is bulletproof. He has served up some diabolical bullshit already this season and isn’t under the slightest bit of pressure. His departure doesn’t feel imminent in the slightest.

Briliant. Let's kick the supposed "top management" guys we've only just brought in!

Well we were supposed to hiring tbe best in class wernt we and these have been far from that so far, I mean they litterally had a whole summer to find a new manager but failed and then they had another 2 weeks during the International break and failed again.

we all know the results are sack worthy, I think it’s just the simple fact that it’ll cost 20m to sack him, and nobody really wants the job that’s keeping Erik in the dugout.

It’s only going one way though, now we’re starting to pick up speed on the downward slope we’ve been on for a while. No chance he’s here at Christmas - they’ll get Fletcher in there if it gets too bad.

The results are as poor as we’ve ever seen and the performances are abysmal. However, the worst thing is the total lack of charisma and delusional post match drivel. Starting to hate him.

I got little to no faith in INEOS, but even they must understand that this can’t go on. What in gods name are they thinking?

Some posters genuinely believed we'd had a superb summer window. Probably people who had never even heard of some of the signings or seen them play anytime recently.

To say any signings are good without them playing a game for us after the last decade is madness.
Same every summer, fancy names from other leagues that they've never seen play. Our success was mainly built on buying proven PL quality.

My issue was that in my opinion we didn't really improve the starting line up at all in the summer. Just added depth.

Im not saying i disagree and certainly not advocating for EtH to stay in-post but to play devils advocate; Ineos started the season with a plan which all management likely signed up to, and they are sticking to it. They're not letting fan-emotion or sentiment get in the way of that plan and their approach to running the club.

Again, not saying this is right IF thats how they're looking at it, but it must be what dictating their approach as there's no other reason for not cutting ties at this point.

To say they are 100% to blame for the position we are in i would disagree with though, wholeheartedly. This is 10+ years in the making, our chickens are coming home to roost and i dont believe changing one guy in the dugout will make things materially better personally, and i assume Ineos are looking at it the same way.

There is a lot, a LOT, of damage and ebbing away of standards over the last decade, but no one has accelerated it like ten Hag. We have good players, we have a new club structure. It is officially their problem now, and every game that goes on is now their mistake.

I think people will be surprised how good some of our players will be under a competent coach. It really does make all the difference.

Last edited:
Hoeness, Inzaghi, Alonso and Nagelsman (won't be available until after 2026 though) all fall into that category.
Except for Alonso, all of them were attainable last summer.

I don't see who's the right man that will suddenly become available next summer but wasn't last summer.

Sky Sports are running with, “Manchester United slipped to defeat against West Ham to increase the pressure on ten Hag.”

What pressure? The man is bulletproof. He has served up some diabolical bullshit already this season and isn’t under the slightest bit of pressure. His departure doesn’t feel imminent in the slightest.

I sit with the same feelings as you . This manager looks unsackable now. In my opinion, they are probably gonna stay with him rest of the season regardless of results.

Stretford Paddock have been very pro ETH. They are slowly admitting he will be sacked. As an aside, I do like their stuff just disagreed with then on ETH for quite some time
I think they have to be. One of them attends the pressers regularly.

Let's forget all talk of top four - that's fecking crazy talk.
We're just about good enough to avoid a relegation battle. We'll manage lower midtable and should be grateful for that.
That's where we are at. Manchester United. Let that sink in.

Barcelona their players are all have a very good technique. Gavi and Pedri were touted as future world class player. Frenkie de Jong is world class when fit and in form. They have one of the best strikers from the last 10 years. Barcelona have some very talented players. Those players are better than what we have. Barcelona their squad is better than us and they play much weaker opponents. I would be more impressed by a new manager taking this squad up the table than i am with Flick taking Barcelona up the table.

Emery and Flick both took over after a player who is considered a legend as a footballer. Most legend footballers are bad managers. To me, Flick is proving just that.
Sure, Real Madrid is surely weaker then Westham. If only we played them today, we will have battered them at the Bernabeu.

The results are as poor as we’ve ever seen and the performances are abysmal. However, the worst thing is the total lack of charisma and delusional post match drivel. Starting to hate him.

That’s been getting under my skin for a while too.

I can be patient, but last season when we were leaking like a sieve and he kept spinning facts to make it seem like we were doing well makes it seem like he has no awareness of the straits we’re in. Hard to believe in things getting better when he’s sitting in a burning house repeatedly stating "this is fine"

I mean, it was. We played extremely well for 45 and should have been 3-0 up. We let go of control for the first 20 in that second half, and then reacted. Then we got a penalty conceded that was never a penalty in a million years.

:o

You really don't see a pattern here? Lopetegui, like Glasner a couple of weeks ago (and others before that) figure out what we're doing, makes the necessary changes, and EtH can't respond. I first noticed this all the way back in his first season, e.g. against Chelsea (away) when we were all over them in the first few minutes, then Graham Potter (!!!!) made a tweak in the first half that we couldn't adjust to, and we ended up needing a Casemiro header at the death to salvage a draw. Or at OT against Brighton last season, when DeZerbi decided to simply split his centre-halves wider to beat our press and release Veltman into midfield to do serious damage. No response. And the less said about what Slot did the better ...

The man gets tactically undressed regularly. He's out of his depth in this league.

There is a lot, a LOT, of damage and ebbing away of standards over the last decade, but no one has accelerated it like ten Hag. We have good players, we have a new club structure. It is officially their problem now, and every game that goes on is now their mistake.

I think people will be surprised how good some of our players will be under a competent coach. It really does make all the difference.

Its been an underwhelming start without a doubt and i do appreciate even that statement alone is an underplaying the poor start, but i dont buy that its all the fault of Ineos. We were on a massive downward spiral and its carried on. If we're in this position this time next year then yes i'd be in complete agreement, but its way too soon to put all the blame at their door in my view.

No one will be surprised at how well these players will do under a good coach, we all know they've got ability, thats about the coaching team and not just one individual though.

Feel like im fighting EtH's corner on this and im not, i'm as pissed off as anyone!

Just remembered el3mel. Guy was so exasperated by Ten Hag and the people defending this shite he ended up nuking his redcafe account.

It’s not. Our xPTS was not 14th, it was 15th. At slightly under 45 points the only teams lower than that were the 3 relegated sides, West Ham and Wolves.

We have probably improved performance wise versus last season to a point where we should probably land at xPTS closer to 50 and I expect this to be our year end tally as well. Basically anything between 45 and 55 seems realistic.

https://understat.com/league/EPL/2023

No i’m wrong. Just checked, we should have had 40 points last season and finished 16th according to the whole expected points/position thing

Pfft we bloody wish, xg had us 15th last season.

This is the thing for me. A lot of people are surprised by this seasons performances, and I can't figure out why. It's turning out exactly how we knew it would, so why have the majority of people who wanted him to stay suddenly become ten Hag out? This is what you wanted more of.