Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
No one has said this. If you're referring to my debate I explicitly said we should have got more points.

It's not about how many points we should have had it's about how we view these fixtures.

Every fixture in this league except home to Ipswich, Leicester and Southampton (and I bet we even lose one of these games too) is viewed as catastrophically difficult now by all United fans. As it should because our manager is just that shite.

Christ Brighton are a clear and away far better team than us now with a 31 year old manager with no Prem experience, who played Billy Gilmour and James Milner in midfield, Welbeck up front, and a backline full of journeymen nobodies.

Last edited:
Like it or lump it, it's not outrageous to say Villa Spurs Liverpool and Brighton as part of an opening 7 fixtures is a tricky start. You may disagree but claiming it's a wum to suggest otherwise is hyperbole.

It's WUM worthy as I said, man. You're speaking as if the club hasn't just spent the guts of £400m across two summers. Like we haven't got a manager now fully bedded in, and in his third season. Like we haven't now got an almost fully fit squad to choose from.

It's not about how many points we should have had it's about how we view these fixtures.

Every fixture in this league except home to Ipswich, Leicester and Southampton (and I bet we even lose one of these games too) is viewed as catastrophically difficult now by all United fans. As it should because our manager is just that shite.

Christ Brighton are a clear and away far better team than us now with a 31 year old manager with no Prem experience, who plays Billy Gilmour and James Milner in midfield, Welbeck up front, and a backline full of journeymen nobodies.
You explicitly said "not expected to get results in" so it was very much about that.

You explicitly said "not expected to get results in" so it was very much about that.

Yes because people in this very thread have been happy to write off defeats against the likes of Brighton and Spurs like we're not expected to beat them... apparently???

It's WUM worthy as I said, man. You're speaking as if the club hasn't just spent the guts of £400m across two summers. Like we haven't got a manager now fully bedded in, and in his third season. Like we haven't now got an almost fully fit squad to choose from.
What are you on about? I just said Brighton, Villa, Liverpool, Spurs are tricky ties. That's all. Maybe I'm wrong - perhaps a neutral club poster like @duffer @The Boy can opine on whether I said something wum worthy.

Yes because people in this very thread have been happy to write off defeats against the likes of Brighton and Spurs like we're not expected to beat them... apparently???
No one is writing anything off. You, like @pocco are making up a narrative and try to fester hatrid toward posters like myself.

I said it many times and I will say it again - I believe we had some tricky ties in our first 7 fixtures. I think the next 7 is easier on paper. Irrespective however, we should have more points on the board right now.

No one is writing anything off. You, like @pocco are making up a narrative and try to fester hatrid toward posters like myself.

I said it many times and I will say it again - I believe we had some tricky ties in our first 7 fixtures. I think the next 7 is easier on paper. Irrespective however, we should have more points on the board right now.

I know you have nearly 500 posts in this thread and 2500 in last years ETH thread, but believe it or not it's not all about you.

I know you have nearly 500 posts in this thread and 2500 in last years ETH thread, but believe it or not it's not all about you.
You've made something up that no one has said, I think you just need to own that.

The cheek of his comment considering last season on here people got warned and banned for being "negative" towards ETH. Moreover, some of the staff thought it funny to censor B@ld fraud. Yet now there's a hate campaign towards him and his coping mates? Nonsense.

The cheek of his comment considering last season on here people got warned and banned for being "negative" towards ETH. Moreover, some of the staff thought it funny to censor B@ld fraud. Yet now there's a hate campaign towards him and his coping mates? Nonsense.
Well I'm being name called in this thread and people are making up things that I never said. So you work it out.

I’m wondering if Ineos have a manager ready to start next season. Who is in his last season at his current club. That’s the only reason I can think of, why TH hasn’t had the boot. This could be down to not having the funds to pay the other club for their manager now, maybe.
Southgate surely? He wants time off, Ratcliffe likes him and so he's willing to wait, plus he saves some of the payoff writing off this season and keeping EtH in place.

So what, or are people not allowed to have different opinions from the majority without being castigated or insulted for it? Or have the freedom to change their stance?

There are far too many posters willing to pile in, in quite a toxic and nasty way if someone disagrees. This isn't X.
Absolutely correct.

That autocorrect actually predates Ten Hag and isn't a sympathy vote.

Either way, for everyone: cut out the personal nonsense and get back to posting about Ten Hag. More posts in this conversation and they'll be warned and deleted.

If you read between the lines though, what other options do they have? They had better options in the summer than they'd have now. And there's no clear and obvious choice on the horizon for the summer either, that wasn't there last summer. I just don't understand how you can believe that they'd sack him next week when there's games to be played, when we've just had a two week break. Would you not agree that would be even more ridiculous? If you agree with that, then it's not a jump to say it's therefore unlikely that they will be sacking him next week. And the same logic applies to the following international break, when more damage will have predictably been done and the season will probably be over anyway. They'll get the fury of the supporters if they do that. This is all true, no? If you agree, then surely it's not that big a jump to say they were more likely to do it now than in a week or another months time, when they'll just look even dafter.

My guess is that he'll be safe at the next International break and they'll start talking about strengthening in January to help him. Then he'll just see out the season. We're too good to get relegated bar a number of injuries to key players, so it's a safe option if they're happy to risk a poor season, which they clearly are.
Well one option would be to go with Ruud for the rest of the season. Another would be to make Amorim an offer he couldn't refuse. Just sitting and watching things slide for an entire season seems highly unlikely when you have an entire footballing structure above Ten Hag reliant upon (and in many ways accountable for) his performance. The thing is, we just don't know what was agreed in the summer with Ten Hag, how could we? They may (for instance) have given him assurances that they would give him the first 10 games to allow the new signings to bed in - that would have sounded fair enough back in the summer wouldn't it? Back then the notion of sticking with him and backing him with signings and then sacking him after 7 games would probably have felt unthinkable, however our current form is dragging things into this territory. You don't get to be as rich as Ratcliffe is without being ruthless as feck, you think he's going to want to sit at Old Trafford and look like an idiot if things don't improve very rapidly? The idea that he would spend an entire year very publicly negotiating to buy a hugely expensive chunk of football club in the city that he comes from and then be content to watch that investment go from bad to worse over an entire season without taking any action just seems to stretch the bounds of credulity.

I would literally put money on him being gone within the month. The only scenario I can see where he is still here is if our results are exceptional during that period. History has shown us though that once things get to this kind of point it is nigh on impossible to turn the ship around - it seems to seep into the players and maybe subconsciously (or consciously in some cases) they are ready for a change as well.

Last edited:

It's like groundhog day

This whole 'he has x number of games to save his job' is always baffling.
If we win 4 matches, draw 3, were undefeated, but only take 15 out of 21.
And even then we could still be somewhere like 9th going into december. How does that even make sense

I know its just a headline, but then again, it seems like the FA cup win (one match) saved his job.

Christ Brighton are a clear and away far better team than us now with a 31 year old manager with no Prem experience, who played Billy Gilmour and James Milner in midfield, Welbeck up front, and a backline full of journeymen nobodies.
Yup, and as a consequence of that, it's gotten to the point that a draw at home or a narrow away loss where the opposition goalkeeper made a few saves is usually perceived by our fans as a positive result.

Yet, United fans think the players are rubbish and not good enough for top 4. I have had posters comment saying... we should expect and accept losing to Liverpool and Spurs 3 - 0 and losing to Brighton because they are tricky...

Like you say, Brighton with a change of manager, playing players that wouldn't make the United squad, harder fixtures than United are way ahead of us.

If people think the players we have are not good enough for top 4... I will say one thing. Go check how Gerrard had Villa playing and what people were saying then to 2 years later... similar group of players but looked at in a completely different light.

Regardless of what agendas people have with players in our team, they are good enough if coached to finish in the top 4.

Not sure why people think he's going now.

Any decent manager is going to want a fresh start, so its summer if you could persuade someone like Zidane I would think.

A change now would almost certainly mean southgate in January.

As bad as ten hag has become, I do not think this would change anything, we would just be poor in a different way. I'm also not sure ineos will risk the backlash of appointing him.

Be respectful - last warning New
Obviously he’s on shaky ground but tentatively being kept on. A lot can change if he doesn’t start clocking up wins. These are the fixtures up to end of the calendar year.

Brentford H
Fenerbahce A (Europa league)
West Ham A
Leicester H (league cup)
Chelsea H
PAOK H (Europa league)
Leicester H
Ipswich A
Bodo Glimt H (Europa league)
Everton H
Arsenal A
Notts Forest H
Plzen A (Europa league)
Man City A
Bournemouth H
Wolves A
Newcastle H

Now in the absence of updates there is little to discuss. Some of you are filling this space with endless circular arguments. This creates a toxic thread for everyone else. I would suggest that anyone engaging in that asks themselves why they are doing it and are they prepared to lose access to at very least this thread, perhaps the United forum or ultimately Redcafe itself? Repeat offenders will not get warnings - this is your warning. They will be removed.