Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Do you see the pattern why we lose shit under pressure against everyone? The man himself can’t handle the pressure. He’s talking nonsense and blaming everyone but himself for so long. Neither had the charisma or the cojones to manage such a big club abit like Moyes but somehow he fooled everyone and now his incompetence is out in the open. He’s the worst manager we’ve ever had. Absolutely taking us to the cleaners.

afNhfzS_d.webp
A Liverpool fans opinion on Ten Hag… we are a joke club for keeping him this long.

That post is fecking deluded. "Says all the right things" and "not quite shit enough to get fired"... errrrrr what?

How can any professional manager, let alone that of a top club, be allowed to get away with this kind of drivel to the press?

Zero accountability whatsoever for the shambolic performance against Spurs even before the red card. And just take your hands off upon red card? What kind of message does this send to the team?

On top of us being ‘hard to beat’ from our draws. Doesn’t sound like a manager under pressure.

From being supposedly in the bracket of clubs like Madrid and Barcelona to now where we would be lucky to grab points against West Ham. Our standards are in the drain, our manager is allowed to take the piss. Once Ineos has identified the next manager, he needs to go asap even if we somehow win our next 10 games or another trophy

How can any professional manager, let alone that of a top club, be allowed to get away with this kind of drivel to the press?

Zero accountability whatsoever for the shambolic performance against Spurs even before the red card. And just take your hands off upon red card? What kind of message does this send to the team?

On top of us being ‘hard to beat’ from our draws. Doesn’t sound like a manager under pressure.

From being supposedly in the bracket of clubs like Madrid and Barcelona to now where we would be lucky to grab points against West Ham. Our standards are in the drain, our manager is allowed to take the piss. Once Ineos has identified the next manager, he needs to go asap even if we somehow win our next 10 games or another trophy
Secretly I think Ten Hag will be extremely thankful for that unjust red card against spurs

We’d have probably lost 3-0 anyway with the way we were playing. But that red gave him the perfect excuse and probably kept his job going

He is shit despite also being very lucky. Even his good first season was heavily dependent on Rashford turning scrappy performances into tight wins and Cas having 3-4 golden months.

The injuries were the best thing that happened to him last season, allowed him and the equally deluded to pretend that the amateur set up and inane tactics were somehow not his fault. FFS, before the season even started 80% of the forum knew that Bruno, Mount and Cas could not work, the season was already going to pot before the injuries really became a factor, but get the excuses in and hope that people bite on them.

This is all true but he wouldnt be tanking his dignity if he had a bit of humility in there to begin with. The problem with his interviews and the way he fights with pundits and journos, compared to previous managers, is he gives the impression he believes all the bullshit he's peddling.

When Jose was sacked he'd wanted out from the start of the season. Ole accepted after the Liverpool 5-0 that he deserved to be canned. But Ten Hag has come through so many moments when he should have been sacked, and would have been anywhere else, that his ego is growing even while he delivers steaming piles of footballing shit.

Doesn't help he was an unlikeable charisma vacuum to begin with. But because of the way he's carried on the past 6 months, I will enjoy following the downfall of his career after he leave us.
It’s clearly his defensive mechanism. If he could apply to the actual team, we might actually fair better than we do.

High achievers are often belligerent, believing in their methods beyond anything, point is we shouldn’t even be seeing this schism; he should have had his platform removed many, many times over.
He should have walked in the summer, I mean the club were interviewing replacements openly. And I think he's eventually realized he isn't turning this around and he's out of his depth.
Nobody is going to walk out on their pay off.
The door is right there for him if he wants to resign because he feels like he's losing his dignity and standing. I have no sympathy for him at all and this is the furthest thing from sad. No one has his family hostage and are forcing him to continue managing United.
The collective sadness is the whole situation and how everything is in disarray. Again. Fanbase might as well have REM playing Everybody Hurts on loop with how miserable things are. I more pity ETH than feel sad for him. It’s humiliating now.

Im of the same opinion. I've nothin against the guy as a person, but purely from a football perspective he's not the right man for the job.

Even if he went on a 10 game unbeaten run, I still wouldn't be convinced. If he finishes 4th and goes on a 20 game unbeaten run and wins a cup, then I might start changing my mind on him, but Im certainly not doing it after one game.
United on the financial end have to finish in the top 4. That has to be the goal or it will be very restrictive in forward movement with players next season.

Once he gets binned finally, all the clowns within the football department who backed him to turn it around and prolonged the inevitable should also be binned.

Stop with the OTT, vulgar insults towards manager and staff. This is a family friendly thread and it will not be tolerated. New
People, this is a family friendly site, open to all ages. The open insults to the manager and whatever else must observe that. I’ve just deleted a post @giggs-beckham and this is an ongoing discussion as to what should and should not be permitted in these tense and stressful times, but you all know to self-censor bearing in mind this is not the General and what you write has to have a degree of civility.

Don’t get yourself warnings for something as trite as petty, OTT insults. It will be clamped down upon for the reason stated.

Not entirely sure if these rumours are true. But the main concern here (if true) would be the contrast in the playing styles of these managers. I would have assumed that INEOS have a playing style and specific profile for a manager they want. Look at Liverpool and their transition from Klopp to Slot. Barcelona always pick a certain attacking style. Surely INEOS would want to build on top of what was already built.
You can’t build anything on top of garbage football.

He was just about to move Mazraoui into the 10 position. Tottenham wouldn't have known what hit them had it not been for that sending off.
He’s an incredible, meticulous tactician, and a harsh disciplinarian on top of being a serial winner. The only way he can lose is when his players let him down or don’t understand the instructions.

You can’t build anything on top of garbage football.
Exactly, the minute we move on from ten Hag (which I still think is 2-3 years away from now) we will immediately shift onto different brand of football because nobody wins anything playing the way we do. It’s fine sticking with certain style if it has proven to be successful, not when it has repeatedly failed.

People, this is a family friendly site, open to all ages. The open insults to the manager and whatever else must observe that. I’ve just deleted a post @giggs-beckham and this is an ongoing discussion as to what should and should not be permitted in these tense and stressful times, but you all know to self-censor bearing in mind this is not the General and what you write has to have a degree of civility.

Don’t get yourself warnings for something as trite as petty, OTT insults. It will be clamped down upon for the reason stated.

What if you formulate the insult hypothetically? "Let's say, for the sake of argument, that Ezza actually is an utter *******, should we not then kick this **** out as soon as possible?"

But, no - seriously. I understand. This isn't X - and everyone on here should appreciate that fact.

I promise to keep my own language...civil-ish.

(Good luck on enforcing this, though - people are pretty pissed off at the moment.)

Agreed.

Sometimes wonder if we all tried not using ‘C’ and ‘F’ words for a week or so ….don’t think it’d kill anyone to make a few changes?

It's often said but managers do also resign from jobs quite often.
This is reaching a tipping point where his reputation is being damaged on a global scale; the rumoured £10m-£17m pay off may well be his cover for not getting another gig of any standing again. There’s no chance in hell he walks away from that.

What if you formulate the insult hypothetically? "Let's say, for the sake of argument, that Ezza actually is an utter *******, should we not then kick this **** out as soon as possible?"

But, no - seriously. I understand. This isn't X - and everyone on here should appreciate that fact.

I promise to keep my own language...civil-ish.

(Good luck on enforcing this, though - people are pretty pissed off at the moment.)

Agreed.

Sometimes wonder if we all tried not using ‘C’ and ‘F’ words for a week or so ….don’t think it’d kill anyone to make a few changes?
The ire and frustration are completely understandable, but forgetting where you are is not on. We’re receiving complaints towards the language and I get it. You don’t want youngsters etc. absorbing that kind of toxicity.

I think there’s quite a difference between ETH is a *** to flagrantly using expletives or expletive laden posts.

To be fair, these are extremely trying times and it’s not like the FF is overflowing with this stuff, but ETH himself has a very toxic reserve as he is seen as the epicentre of our troubles, but it can’t be that way on a public forum open to all ages.

This is reaching a tipping point where his reputation is being damaged on a global scale; the rumoured £10m-£17m pay off may well be his cover for not getting another gig of any standing again. There’s no chance in hell he walks away from that.

Despite all this, I have no doubt some club will take a punt on him. Not exactly Barcelona but some decent sized club in Europe will feel desperate and see the exciting manager from Ajax who won 2 trophies at Man Utd.

When they meet with him and he talks like everything he touches always turns to gold they will see it as confidence. I have absolutely no doubt. He may even get the Dutch national job.

If United were hanging around 4th-6th place then I could give the manager more leeway, but any argument simply falls apart when you look at the league table and see that United have been a few points above or below 10th place for months and months now.

But I have to believe that INEOS are just taking the patient approach and come next season a new manager will be in place.

Or don't respect him. Forget the past, he my have been those things at Ajax, but this is a totally different league. The fact is you win games scoring goals. United are not scoring goals and as such are not winning games. ETH has to change that with his tactics and execution. This is done in training and I do not see forward movement here. He chose the majority of players he has and as such is totally culpable for the team today. As a coach, when things are not going to plan you need to make changes and simplify things. I think the guy is a smart cookie, but he doesn't read and react properly. Couple that with a seeming stubborn personality and you end up running in sand which is exactly what this team is doing. The fact he has a midfield with an avg age of 32 yrs shows the limited outlook he has. His hiring was a mistake.

I can't believe he's blaming injuries again. The worrying thing is there's so many idiots that actually believe every word he says so will continue to use that excuse when defending him, we had almost a fully fit squad up until a few weeks ago. I mean every single team in the world has injuries throughout the season? This is so painful I never thought I'd feel this amount of hatred towards someone I don't even know personally, it's crazy how arrogant he is there's no way he's so unaware of how he's coming across, I don't believe he's that stupid. Proper winding everyone up at this point.

Honestly hope West Ham put 6 past us on Sunday, only for Moyes to run out onto the pitch at full time, give Erik his P45, stick his fingers up at him and proceed to Stone Cold stunner him through all of their fecking bubble blowing machines

Clubs Manchester United has won against this season:

Fulham
Barnsley
10 men Southampton
Brentford

Still remember the time everyone was praising him when he ran with the team over 14 Kms after being outrun by the same distance by Brentford.
Imagine if he kept that up, we’d have a team of triathletes.

Exactly, the minute we move on from ten Hag (which I still think is 2-3 years away from now) we will immediately shift onto different brand of football because nobody wins anything playing the way we do. It’s fine sticking with certain style if it has proven to be successful, not when it has repeatedly failed.
Do you think they’ll offer him a new contract then?

Still remember the time everyone was praising him when he ran with the team over 14 Kms after being outrun by the same distance by Brentford.
Imagine if he kept that up, we’d have a team of triathletes.
It’s probably this stance that causes so many muscular injuries within the squad.

Don’t get what’s his thinking behind team selections are. Casemiro as been in form this season and gets dropped. Same with Hojlund, Amad wins player of the month and gets dropped. Clueless

You’ve made some posts with oddly realistic sentences last couple of days, but thinking we’ve got 2-3 years of Ten Hag is just bollocks, that even you doing your glass half empty gimmick can’t actually believe.

Who would make your top 10 worst United signings since 2013? Fellaini is an easy call for me, the signing who set in motion a decade of mediocrity.
The list of @Valencia Shin Cross sums it up quite well. Maybe I’d substitute Rojo and Bailly for Maguire and Lindelof, although I’m certainly no great fan of the latter two. Pogba and Martial were also big let downs (relative to the expectations on signing), although being merely disappointing rather than disastrous does not get you into the MUFC post-Fergie hall of shame.

You’ve made some posts with oddly realistic sentences last couple of days, but thinking we’ve got 2-3 years of Ten Hag is just bollocks, that even you doing your glass half empty gimmick can’t actually believe.

Yeah it's ridiculous. There's absolutely no way he sees out a 6 year tenure ffs. Barely any managers in world football do, and he certainly won't be one of them.

This is what the new minority owners have reduced us to in just 8 or 9 months, we are the laughing stock of the league and quite possibly Europe now

Remember oppos desperate for us to keep Jose and singing Ole's at the wheel. This happens to us every single time. We're an absolute fecking meme.

I get what you're saying in terms of why he wouldn't walk away from the pay off, but it's worth pointing out that it's his own fault if his reputation takes a battering. He could've and should've been sacked multiple times over, but he's been given opportunities most managers in his position simply wouldn't get to rectify the situation.