Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Every top-top manager knows how to utilize their #9, ensuring they conserve their explosiveness for runs in the attacking third throughout the 90 minutes. That's how they create space and score goals. Instead, ETH uses his strikers like pressing headless chickens, and fails with every kind of striker, including the top scorer in the game. Give him the top 10 strikers of all time, and he will fail all of them.

A tricky squad? He bought the damn squad.
:lol: Fair. I'm basically referring to Rashford and Bruno, who are of obvious importance and impediment to the team simultaneously. His choice to keep playing them though...

We have 1.22 per game after a quarter of a season. If we improve to 1.5 points per game until the end of the season, we will finish with 55 points.

If we improve to 2 points per game (which will be difficult to achieve given what we have shown so far this season), we will finish with 69 points.

Last year we finished with 60 points.

Plan A was somekind of high press and fast transition type of play, which as we have seen has failed. Because as mentioned, it's not how we play anymore, now it's about getting results(but in a very boring and poor way imo, we can barely score goals or string together passes) and his survival for the job.
Plan A could have been anything. The point I am trying to make is he has been in the job nearly 2.5 seasons and bought in a lot of players and promoted some. So why cant he implement this plan A now? Why is it still not possible with all the coaching sessions and players which should have been bought to implement plan A. This is all on TH failings.

Wonder how bad does it need to get for the match going fans to start booing him and trying to force him out. You never get the sense that he’s hated or disliked by the matchgoing fans.

They wont. Even if we get relegated, the majority will clap him off. It is not even a joke

Ole, who was 100% rightfully sacked by the way so I'm not arguing he deserved more time , had us 7th in the table when he got sacked and in a decent position to qualify in the CL. We also finished 2nd the season before.

ETH has us currently 14th in the PL and with 1 win in the last 11 European games. And we finished 8th last season.

Standards have dropped alarmingly from even the end days of Ole.

He’ll get the Leicester and Chelsea games. A loss against Chelsea and he’s done.

Ole, who was 100% rightfully sacked by the way so I'm not arguing he deserved more time , had us 7th in the table when he got sacked and in a decent position to qualify in the CL. We also finished 2nd the season before.

ETH has us currently 14th in the PL and with 1 win in the last 11 European games. And we finished 8th last season.

Standards have dropped alarmingly from even the end days of Ole.

:lol: Fair. I'm basically referring to Rashford and Bruno, who are of obvious importance and impediment to the team simultaneously. His choice to keep playing them though...
Rashford and Bruno are not easy, I agree with that. But as you say yourself, he keeps playing them every game no matter what...

No chance
Genuinely think he will, they’ve been looking all over you don’t survive a PL start like that, nearly 25% of the season gone, with 4 defeats that’s 15-16 defeats which is worse than last year, he’s getting worse.

We need a really strong Coach who makes some significant team changes, not just in selection but also who takes set pieces, free kicks, etc, I want to see a coach that benches Bruno, he’s an awful lot of our problem, gives the ball away far too much, we might need to change the captain as well. Nine PL games in Bruno not scored yet and Rashford has 1, for £600k per week you’d want a lot more than that!

None of our strikers are good enough to currently start and ETH has bought 3 of them, we need to get Brian Mbeumo and Danny wellbeck not because their the greatest players we can get?

No because we can get them in January and they both instantly start and improve our team immeasurably, if Mount can’t stay fit sell him with Anthony and go buy Morgan Rogers, right now Eriksen should play at 10, Bruno on the Bench, Ugarte and Casemiro in the double pivot.

There’s far too much talent on this team for results to be this bad.
Score fecking goals and control games and we won't be derailed by VAR all the time will we Eric?
i mean, if that VAR decision happens to City or Pool they come back to at least get a draw. Of course, they would have put away the chances in the first half anyway, but when faced with adversity those teams are relentless and respond. We just collapse.

Meh. I’ve been ETH out for about a year but a match like this is not the problem. Many of us have been saying that what we wanted to see more that wins were performances, even where we lost, that pointed in a better direction. If we played like this every week, we would be in a much better position.

Anyone in at this point bud :(

I’m only being half serious, but this cannot be allowed to continue under EtH
I thought you were serious for a minute :lol: a broken man!

Southgate isn't gonna be hired here. Things are bad but we aren't at that stage and thank feck.... but yeah ETH is done, things are not going to substantially improve

:(

Meh. I’ve been ETH out for about a year but a match like this is not the problem. Many of us have been saying that what we wanted to see more that wins were performances, even where we lost, that pointed in a better direction. If we played like this every week, we would be in a much better position.
But it was only half a game of good performance. The second half started poorly and he did little to remedy that correctly. It’s the story of everything under him — even our good periods of play are fleeting.

You're absolutely kidding yourself if you think there's going to be a chunk of cash to spend in January. They don't even want to spend (or haven't got) the money to sack Ten Hag
I’m not saying they will but they will be flirting with relegation if they don’t, this can’t continue, they may have to sell Bruno or Rashford to generate cash!

They wont. Even if we get relegated, the majority will clap him off. It is not even a joke
It’s irrelevant either way, no serious club should be relying on fan sentiment to make any decision.

Objectively, he’s shit and we’re not getting better. There needs to be change, but for whatever reason (compensation and lack of available replacement most likely) it hasn’t happened yet. You’d hope the club are working hard to make the change - but you can’t rule out heavy fecking incompetence all round.

Every top-top manager knows how to utilize their #9, ensuring they conserve their explosiveness for runs in the attacking third throughout the 90 minutes. That's how they create space and score goals. Instead, ETH uses his strikers like pressing headless chickens, and fails with every kind of striker, including the top scorer in the game. Give him the top 10 strikers of all time, and he will fail all of them.
And there we have the real reason, he has to go this evening, has to go tonight!

Standards have dropped alarmingly from even then.

It's an interesting look back at that start of that season. I totally agree with Ole being sacked, I think it had become clear he couldn't take us that final step from 3rd to 2nd to 1st.

With that said he had all but qualified from a decent Champions League group. Just beat Spurs 3-0 and as you say was just coming off 2nd place and a Europa League final.

The Liverpool and Watford games were awful. Definitely feels like he got a far shorter rope and I'd kill for those results right now with a Champions League knockout round to look forward to.

I suppose the FA Cup does a lot of lifting in that regard but given Ole's interview when he left I wonder if he actively went to Woodward and all but resigned.

Genuinely think he will, they’ve been looking all over you don’t survive a PL start like that, nearly 25% of the season gone, with 4 defeats that’s 15-16 defeats which is worse than last year, he’s getting worse.

We need a really strong Coach who makes some significant team changes, not just in selection but also who takes set pieces, free kicks, etc, I want to see a coach that benches Bruno, he’s an awful lot of our problem, gives the ball away far too much, we might need to change the captain as well. Nine PL games in Bruno not scored yet and Rashford has 1, for £600k per week you’d want a lot more than that!

None of our strikers are good enough to currently start and ETH has bought 3 of them, we need to get Brian Mbeumo and Danny wellbeck not because their the greatest players we can get?

No because we can get them in January and they both instantly start and improve our team immeasurably, if Mount can’t stay fit sell him with Anthony and go buy Morgan Rogers, right now Eriksen should play at 10, Bruno on the Bench, Ugarte and Casemiro in the double pivot.
I agree with all your points, but it ain't happening. INEOs made the call to keep him in the summer, now it's been proven to be an awful call but they won't sack him now they want to safe face. They won't accept they feck up keeping him when everyone knew what it has to be done.

Each match I think ok now this is it, enough is enough yet he's still here. If anything it he'll be here until the next international brake. No chance he'll leave this week.

It’s irrelevant either way, no serious club should be relying on fan sentiment to make any decision.

Objectively, he’s shit and we’re not getting better. There needs to be change, but for whatever reason (compensation and lack of available replacement most likely) it hasn’t happened yet. You’d hope the club are working hard to make the change - but you can’t rule out heavy fecking incompetence all round.

You can always sign a manager for next season (Amorim, Iraola, inzaghi etc.), sack Ten Hag and give it to Ruud and the other Dutch assistant til the end of the season.

Just keeping him and seeing the decline weekly is not a solution. Shows more the incompetence.

It's an interesting look back at that start of that season. I totally agree with Ole being sacked, I think it had become clear he couldn't take us that final step from 3rd to 2nd to 1st.

With that said he had all but qualified from a decent Champions League group. Just beat Spurs 3-0 and as you say was just coming off 2nd place and a Europa League final.

The Liverpool and Watford games were awful. Definitely feels like he got a far shorter rope and I'd kill for those results right now with a Champions League knockout round to look forward to.

I suppose the FA Cup does a lot of lifting in that regard but given Ole's interview when he left I wonder if he actively went to Woodward and all but resigned.
It's a joke that we've given a far worse manager a much longer spell of bad results.

We played against West Ham, and didn't even play well for the full 90 minutes. We also fecking lost to them, couldn't even draw. Do you think we'll play like this against the next serious team we face?

Pretty sure Ancelotti is the first one to get the sack.

That's the difference between Madrid and us - their standards vs. ours.
I don't like saying this but I always feel that some of the unspoken ethos Fergie instilled in us from top to bottom as an institution are outdated and not necessarily in line with the times. The Fergie way only worked with the great Scotsman himself and was absolutely the exception, not the rule, and now we're paying the price for thinking we can repeat the same steps we did.

West Ham were the better team in the 2nd half though. Even without the penalty, they accumulated a higher xG.

Both teams had 5 big chances each.

That's not a good performance. It's another chaotic mess.

West Ham's 2nd half xG was 2.94 compared to just 0.04 at HT. They battered us in the 2nd half. A draw was the most we deserved. And a point wouldn't have done much for us anyway.

We let a low on confidence West Ham team off the hook. 3 losses in a row at The London Stadium. -4 GD.

It's a joke that we've given a far worse manager a much longer spell of bad results.

As I said I can really only imagine it's the FA Cup and maybe Ole had just realised the job was too much for him and made that clear to those above him.

The actual performance was a country mile better than this.

The performance was good for 45 mins. Even then, the two biggest chances were created from a West Ham error and an over the top through ball to our right back who plays up front sometimes.

Deja vu from the Palace match. Start reasonably well, don’t take chances but crucially the opposition makes a change for their better to which ETH cannot adapt to that and hence we struggle.

Not a great attribute for a manager in his third season with hundreds of millions spent

Exactly this.

It's not a defence of Ole, it's more just a sign of how much things have got worse since even then. In 2021 being 7th in the table and 2 or 3 months of bad results was deemed bad enough to get the sack, and rightly so.

We've had almost 18 months of bad results and even worse performances and we're 14th in the table and yet he's still here.

You can always sign a manager for next season (Amorim, Iraola, inzaghi etc.), sack Ten Hag and give it to Ruud and the other Dutch assistant til the end of the season.

Just keeping him and seeing the decline weekly is not a solution. Shows more the incompetence.
As someone who absolutely loves the netherlands and having lived there, Im absolutely sick to my stomach of everything erdivisie related in our club. Enough with the dutch experiment. Ruud is way out of his league and doesnt deserve to be interim.

He believes he 'turned it around' last season.

As batshit insane as it sounds it's been clear for a while that he has 100% belief that last season was a raging success.

It makes his weird stances on things make a lot easier to understand. The man is totally delusional.

As batshit insane as it sounds it's been clear for a while that he has 100% belief that last season was a raging success.

It makes his weird stances on things make a lot easier to understand. The man is totally delusional.

Several times this season he's referred to last year as a success because we won the FA Cup.

He's completely deluded.

What's your point really? We are entering the territory of anyone would do a better job, such is the abysmal job he has done.
No the point is we’re happy to scrape the bottom of the barrel just because we’re desperate to get rid of ETH. There’s no evidence that most of the managers mentioned would improve us.