Erik ten Hag | 2024/25 | Votes can now be changed

Erik ten Hag

• Sack

• Back

Results are only viewable after voting.
Only this manager is capable of sitting and doing nothing every time the opposition adapts to his game strategy.

He may as well not be there for match day.

We'd have a lot more points if Ten Hag was stadium banned for every game.

Pretty sure Ancelotti is the first one to get the sack.

That's the difference between Madrid and us - their standards vs. ours.

Fans attacking other fans for supporting is never a good look bro, never

Fans still supporting this absolute shitshow and allowing the club to get away with it isn’t a good look either. No point holding the morale high ground while your club is being run into the ground.

I don’t know why it always has to get to the point where you can’t stand seeing people before they get rid. It’s like we’re intent on destroying as many careers as possible before we make a grown up decision.

Yep. They wait so long that it not only kills off the mangers mental health possibly permanently at this level, but the fans too. It's genuine malice.

Does that logic also apply to the fans who spent the better part of the last 11 years telling other fans "if you don't support the manager, you're not a true supporter"?

Two things can be true.

1) We should have won today were too wasteful

2) This manager needs to go. We are falling behind everyone under him.
100%.

We could've converted every chance today and been out of sight.

But even if we did, does anyone genuinely believe we'd be top 6 if we converted our chances week in week out? The system is flawed, and the ultimate rendition of it is still not good enough.

While I don't think he is as bad a coach as is made out (tactically), he just doesn't have what it takes to cut it here. It's obviously a tricky squad to manage, but it's just not good enough, the standards are too low. There's no way a top-tier manager lets the players get away with the sloppiness that we see week after week. ETH hasn't got a hairdryer.

Quite a few on here last season if I remember correctly. It’s the same with every manager that becomes the flavour of the month.
What's your point really? We are entering the territory of anyone would do a better job, such is the abysmal job he has done.

I genuinely don't know for how much longer I can keep watching us with him in charge.

I don't get disappointed anymore. I don't even get angry, that too has past. I just feel nothing.

I miss the excitement of watching us play and the enjoyment during games.

Yes but at the point of winning them trophies we didn’t know what the future would look like.

Not sure about that. Many of us weren't convinced by that win and still thought he should have been a goner and feared exactly what happened later (that INEOS were dumb enough to keep and even extend him).

Those fans who are “supporting” are not supporting the club. They should be supporting the club not individuals. If a manager or player is not representing the club the way they should be fans should voice their displeasure, not clap them off. They are supporters of Manchester United, not supporters of ETH.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/footbal...st=asset:73372188-63e1-48e2-bb10-34f4471fccc4

Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag speaking to BBC MOTD: "Three times this season we feel injustice. We have to score, we created so many chances. We should've been two or three up. Second half we were forcing it but we allowed them into the game. When you are losing 1-0 you need big personality and character of the team and showed resilience to get back into it. Unfair and unjust the way we conceded the penalty."

On penalty: "It was so difficult to see. Before the season there was the instruction about VAR only interfering in clear and obvious mistakes. That is definitely not a clear and obvious mistake from the on field referee.

"More frustrations but I can do nothing with that. They don't collect points and that's what we have to do. We have to look in the mirror, we don't score in a good game from our side. Create loads of chances and concede none but when you lose in this way it's a bad feeling."

Spoken to officials? "I spoke with them. But the decision is made. There's no way back and that's football. That's a third time I have felt injustice in the season and it has a big impact on our team and on our scores and where we are in the table. It's not right."

Tepid response.

We were discussing this the other day in here. Every single team in the PL would have fired their managers before now but here we are
Mourinho and Van Gaal were fired for less.

We just seem content atm just limping along unnecessarily writing off a season which is still salvageable

Those fans who are “supporting” are not supporting the club. They should be supporting the club not individuals. If a manager or player is not representing the club the way they should be fans should voice their displeasure, not clap them off. They are supporters of Manchester United, not supporters of ETH.

Just basic common sense this. But a lot of people dont have common sense and chase the illusion of being morally superior.

Here's the secret that Madrid and a few other clubs have figured out: you're allowed to sack and replace interim managers if they're shit as well
When Sevilla beat United on the way to win the Europa League a few years ago, they were on their third manager of the season.

Did he say anything about the horror VAR decision at least? You know, go out with a bit of fight?
Probably hiding behind it to cover his abysmal coaching again, such a loser this point. Please just walk away with your compensation and stop dragging the club further into nothingness, meaningless, emptiness.

Bad VAR call, so I choose to disregard this game and the fact the club is facing relegation. Just wait until Shaw and Mount are back.

Anyway, without a doubt the worst manager I have ever seen. No amount of Berradas, Wilcoxes, Ashworths and whatever other random faces Ratcliffe the Great brings will fix it.

While I don't think he is as bad a coach as is made out (tactically), he just doesn't have what it takes to cut it here. It's obviously a tricky squad to manage, but it's just not good enough, the standards are too low. There's no way a top-tier manager lets the players get away with the sloppiness that we see week after week. ETH hasn't got a hairdryer.
A tricky squad? He bought the damn squad.

I'm not saying for a moment that I think Southgate should be given the job but when people were doom-mongering about sacking Ten Hag because "just imagine how bad it'll be if Southgate is appointed", surely the current situation cannot be much better than what they were envisioning?

We're at the stage now where all we can ever really celebrate is being dominant in one half of a match against an underperforming mid-table side. Let me repeat, this is a West Ham side that are contemplating sacking their manager - they're not even playing well.

ETH might be a terrible manager but no other manager has been shafted by VAR as much as him, plus its not his fault our players just find a way to keep missing chances.

Maybe you make your own luck.

His standing ovation at the next home game is going to be immense.

ETH might be a terrible manager but no other manager has been shafted by VAR as much as him, plus its not his fault our players just find a way to keep missing chances.

Maybe you make your own luck.

Gary O'neil probably has.

Wonder how bad does it need to get for the match going fans to start booing him and trying to force him out. You never get the sense that he’s hated or disliked by the matchgoing fans.

Don't think the Ineos team have a clue what to do at this point. They didn't have a backup plan for Ten Hag imploding yet again this season and are probably scared of us getting worse under an interim.

This performance has actually hardened my stance on the coach. Glad he'll get more time, and couldn't care less about who it winds up in the process.

fecking hell.

It's obviously a tricky squad to manage, but it's just not good enough, the standards are too low.

He signed or gave brand new contracts to everyone in that tricky squad except Lindelof and Maguire. Everyone.