Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Maybe I should just log off because reading the Cafe is frustrating right now.

Amad and Garnacho both were never going to have a ton of joy in wide areads with the 5 atb that Palace played, but in return it's why we torched them in the middle of the park and dominated the game mostly. People complaining about "not being direct" would also want that player hooked if he was just dribbling into blind double teams.

He won a few corners, kept ball well, some nice link up play, good cut back for Bruno's blocked shot in first half, beat his man down the outside and flashed it across the face of goal but no one on the end of it.

I don't think it was a poor game by any means, it's the sort of performance that people see the positive side if we win, but see the negative side if we drop points.

It's just easy to be frustrated by the fact none of our players can score a goal. The good link up play doesn't feel like it counts for much when we don't score, but I do think we're far better off medium to long term playing players who have a good all round game and don't just play in moments.

The "moments" will come if we persist with him I'm sure. And he's already one of our best players in all round play.

I'll say it after every game, he's completely new to this level because our manager inexplicably sat him on the bench for 5 months straight last season. Although we signed him a while ago, this is still effectively a young player in his first season and should be given some leeway.

Mentioned in another thread we should experiment with Zirkzee at number 10.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Amad at number 10 at some point, as Bruno is dreadful we need to find another solution.

Mentioned in another thread we should experiment with Zirkzee at number 10.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Amad at number 10 at some point, as Bruno is dreadful we need to find another solution.

I think we just need to get away from this idea of playing a 10, we are effectively doing it as the further back you put Bruno the worse he performs. Very few teams play with a 10 nowadays. Even Odegaard and De Bruyne play as 8s. So keep Zirkzee as a striker, amad on the right and remove the 10 position.

Ive not seen anything from him to suggest he will be anywhere near a star here
It's his first proper run in the team. He's going to have a much better season than Rashford who seems to be forgiven by the fanbase because he scored a few against Barnsley :lol:

It's his first proper run in the team. He's going to have a much better season than Rashford who seems to be forgiven by the fanbase because he scored a few against Barnsley :lol:

We'll about that but from what ive seen he isnt good enough to play at this level and has shown nothing to suggest he ever will be.

I think we just need to get away from this idea of playing a 10, we are effectively doing it as the further back you put Bruno the worse he performs. Very few teams play with a 10 nowadays. Even Odegaard and De Bruyne play as 8s. So keep Zirkzee as a striker, amad on the right and remove the 10 position.
That's fine but you still need midfielders who provide some sort of creative and attacking threat if you're playing two 8s. I'm not sure we have the players with the right qualities in midfield.

Our best midfield might be Ugarte Mainoo and Eriksen in terms of control. I'd be happy to experiment with that too. But the point is we need to try something different to get Bruno out the team.

We'll about that but from what ive seen he isnt good enough to play at this level and has shown nothing to suggest he ever will be.
At the age of 22 Salah was being shipped out of Chelsea because they thought he was shit.

Amad is having his first season at this level, and has shown some promising signs.

That's fine but you still need midfielders who provide some sort of creative and attacking threat if you're playing two 8s. I'm not sure we have the players with the right qualities in midfield.

Our best midfield might be Ugarte Mainoo and Eriksen in terms of control. I'd be happy to experiment with that too. But the point is we need to try something different to get Bruno out the team.

I think as you suggest you get Eriksen in that role. The only issue is we've just given Bruno a brand new contract, he's the highest earner and captain, to drop him now wouldn't look good. I see Ten Hag persevering with him where as I think Bruno just needs to be replaced.

Thought he did OK just lacked the final product. It's no surprise we lost ball possession/control when he went off. I do think it should be him plus Garnacho or Rashford.

He's a good player but my issue is that if we say Salah is the highest level of RW in the league, Amad isn't even in the level below that. He's very technical and good in possession but there's not much more than that at the moment.

He's a good player but my issue is that if we say Salah is the highest level of RW in the league, Amad isn't even in the level below that. He's very technical and good in possession but there's not much more than that at the moment.
Agreed. Should have tried for Olise. I doubt Amad will be a top player.

Salah at 22 was getting shipped out of Chelsea because they didn't think he was good enough.

Amad is behind where he could be because he's been managed poorly since we signed him (sat on bench + stupid loan spell at rangers), and injuries. But, he's still showing some promising signs in his first proper season at this level.

It is frustrating that we don't have any top class attacking players in their prime. Amad at this stage should be a rotation player I agree, but we don't have anyone better than him for him to play back up to. So we may as well take advantage and give him as much game time as possible to develop.

Still easily our best RW at the club. We're a better team with him there and linking up with Mazraoui.

I think he’s top class. Really like him! Think he played pretty well to be honest.

I like him, it wasn't easy to play against condensed defense with 5atb but he was still trying his best which is good, hopefully he keeps getting selected as it will aid his development.

I think he is good but we need two quality players in each position.

A new RW should be looked at to provide Amad some competition, maybe a bit more clinical probably taking Antony's role in the squad.

He's basically a new signing who's played a handful of pl games. He's already impressing but I reckon he's gonna get better and better the more games he plays.

I'd watch his highlight real. He can smack a ball into the top corner as well.

Fast making the RW position his own and for his first season at this level, he’s doing brilliantly. Persist with Amad and we will have a wonderful player in the long run. A lot depends on if we are patient enough with this player and some of his equally young team mates.

Was poor yesterday, gave the ball away a lot, lacked cutting edge and was lightweight in tackles.
Still baffles me that Garnacho is a far superior player yet near three years younger, this needs to be a breakout season for Amad otherwise a new RW will be purchased come summer.

Was poor yesterday, gave the ball away a lot, lacked cutting edge and was lightweight in tackles.
Still baffles me that Garnacho is a far superior player yet near three years younger, this needs to be a breakout season for Amad otherwise a new RW will be purchased come summer.

Unless Antony turns it around this season, otherwise a new RW will be purchased next summer regardless.

Unless Antony turns it around this season, otherwise a new RW will be purchased next summer regardless.
Yeah, I think you're right. I don't see Antony turning it around either unfortunately.

I'd watch his highlight real. He can smack a ball into the top corner as well.
He does have the ability to bend the ball but he struggles to get the separation to get his shots off. I see him get so many of his efforts blocked and I feel it’s because he lacks that explosive pace over the first couple of yards.

This is something the likes of Salah, Saka, Bailey and Madueke have. He also doesn’t have their physicality and this I think is his biggest flaw especially playing in the PL.

He definitely lacked cutting edge and decision making in the final third left a lot to be desired, but I think the one thing he didn't do was give the ball away that much?
Garnacho lost the ball more than Amad and missed our big chances, so I don't know how you watched that game said he was far superior. Amad brings balance and control to our front line, he has to improve his output, but so does every other attacker we have.

He does have the ability to bend the ball but he struggles to get the separation to get his shots off. I see him get so many of his efforts blocked and I feel it’s because he lacks that explosive pace over the first couple of yards.

This is something the likes of Salah, Saka, Bailey and Madueke have. He also doesn’t have their physicality and this I think is his biggest flaw especially playing in the PL.

True he's not as athletic as those. It could hold him back a little as a wide man.

I think he maybe has that weightshift and lightness of foot to create that bit of space but I guess we'll see over the season if that makes up for the lack of genuine athleticism.

You've always had a chip on your shoulder about Amad. Keep up the good work.

Man Utd 1:1 FC Twente New
He's letting the games pass him over too much. Moments of quality, but he needs to be more involved

Not seeing enough end product again. Doesn't help we have no centre forward though.

There are aspects of his game I really like but when goals are the biggest problem with this team (aside from the manager perhaps) I'm not confident he's going to score/assist enough this season.

He might need Garnachos selfishness/confidence to take his game up a level, although how safe he is in possession is a strength.

If it's a coaching thing then i'd like to see him given some more creative freedom.

Didn't do much tonight and probably won't start vs Spurs. Which is good, none of our wingers is or should be a guaranteed starter.

Thought he was okay tonight. He beat his man a couple of times but just couldn't find the killer pass at the end of it. Considering our lack of goals in the last couple of games, and his lack of end product so far this season, I reckon he'll be on the bench for Spurs and Villa but he's a very good option to have as a sub.

He might need Garnachos selfishness/confidence to take his game up a level, although how safe he is in possession is a strength.

If it's a coaching thing then i'd like to see him given some more creative freedom.
Agree with this. I thought he was good tonight, skinned his fullback a couple of times and was good when he got the ball, but he’s also the type of player that will do better in a team of players looking to create through cohesion as opposed to having mavericks like Bruno around him who will just get a pass from him and have a go or whip a random hopefull ball in.

I’d love to see him play in that 10 slot, with Garnacho and Rashford on the wings.