Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Because he did nothing with it when it did come and wasnt quick enough to get in behind.
He just isn't a threat and didn't create anything meaningful. I love that he retains possession instead of needlessly shooting or trying to take on players with very low % chance of success, but you have to impose yourself on an game as an attacker and he just doesn't do it.

Fair enough, I don’t agree as I feel when he’s isolated 1v1 as in this game he either takes on his man, or plays the correct ball.

Well you have to get it to him more than a couple of times 50 yards from goal. For him and the team.
Yeah, that did happen and his positioning was a large reason he was getting it so deep. There was a point where he was stood flat with Bruno and Bruno had to tell him to overlap as he just stood still.

No point in criticising him. He gets no support. Same for Rashford and Garnacho.
Why? All of them have been poor, we should have standards of our attackers
Fair enough, I don’t agree as I feel when he’s isolated 1v1 as in this game he either takes on his man, or plays the correct ball.
I get it as he does a lot of the "simple" things well, but they're not actually simple. He has to be more of the threat though if we want him to be our long term right winger.

I get it as he does a lot of the "simple" things well, but they're not actually simple. He has to be more of the threat though if we want him to be our long term right winger.
We should. But at the moment they are double teamed by every opposition and you cant expect them to perform in that situation.

I’m prepared to give Antony a chance over him again. He hasn’t done enough recently to cement that RW as his own.

Agree with that, feel like he can make more runs in behind and be more of a threat on goal if he wants to be a permanent starter.

The team also needs to find him more when he’s isolated and a few times he was missed when a switch was on.

Problem is, again we have no real replacement there, as it’s Antony or Garnacho both of which aren’t that convincing either.

Agree with that, feel like he can make more runs in behind and be more of a threat on goal if he wants to be a permanent starter.

The team also needs to find him more when he’s isolated and a few times he was missed when a switch was on.

Problem is, again we have no real replacement there, as it’s Antony or Garnacho both of which aren’t that convincing either.
Agreed, he will always be my first choice right winger if I'm picking the XI, as I think he's still the best we have there. I think he'll be replaced very quickly by people who turnover the ball more, but are a bigger threat, if he doesn't improve his output.

Basically non existent.

Don't think the team is setup to get the best out of the wingers, these guys aren't players you can leave isolated out on the wing an expect to beat 5 players to get a cross in.

Starting to believe he's not good enough to be a future star winger (or good enough to be a starter here long term) that some people here have hyped him up to be.

After such a bright start to the season from him I was really hoping he'd kick on and solidify a place as the main RW. But he's just gotten worse and worse. Might have something to do with the team also just getting worse and worse, but really starting to worry if he's good enough for the team.

Because he did nothing with it when it did come and wasnt quick enough to get in behind.
He just isn't a threat and didn't create anything meaningful. I love that he retains possession instead of needlessly shooting or trying to take on players with very low % chance of success, but you have to impose yourself on an game as an attacker and he just doesn't do it.
I agree he could be more assertive but if Rashford squares that ball to him near the end of the first half, he could well have bagged a goal; and if he played with a 10 who wasn’t a turnover machine, his ball retention would be even more valuable. A lot of ‘ifs’ admittedly, but I’m not ready to give up on this talented young player yet (and it’s worth noting that the 2 times he hasn’t started, we’ve been shellacked.)

I wonder if he will be better with Dalot at RB.

Mazroui isn't exactly that pacey RB that overlaps the RW etc.

Once we get a LB in his & Rashford's performances may improve.

Maybe wait until he gets a chance to play under a proper manager who doesn’t turn our entire team into dog shit before passing judgement.

In what way does Antony deserve to start over him?
Ummm much the same as the argument for people clamouring for Mount to start over Bruno?

When someone is not playing well, it is ordinary for another player to receive an opportunity. Whether ten hag chooses to, is another story.

Ummm much the same as the argument for people clamouring for Mount to start over Bruno?

When someone is not playing well, it is ordinary for another player to receive an opportunity. Whether ten hag chooses to, is another story.
Maybe if said player hadn’t been utter shite for over a year, then perhaps he’d deserve a shot.

Last edited:
Between him and Antony just highlights how below average much of our squad is. Two proper shit players
Terrible take and not true. Amad is a very good player and has shown that at times this season and the end of last.

He wasn't shit yesterday, but wasn't really involved in the game. We didn't try and build anything down the right side of the pitch.

He can play much better for sure but shouldn't get written off.

Bizarre to see calls for Antony over him. The only argument for Antony is he shoots more (but badly). Is that all people expect of a winger these days?

He needs to be a lot braver, but he has a hard time receiving the ball from his team mates in good positions. A lot of the possession was directed towards the left wing last night, I presume Dalot and Mazraoui's positioning has something to do with it. There was a point where Amad had to point and tell Mazraoui to overlap on the outside, opening up space for him to cut in and create a chance for Bruno. Without this overlapping Amad is getting double upped on and he's forced to play it safe. Ten Hag's current set up is a mess.

He’s failed his audition in my opinion. At the end of last season I was saying he needed to be loaned out again and he made me look a bit silly in preseason. After nearly two months I’m back to believing he’s not ready to be in the first team yet.

Coming into the season we had a weak set of wingers and he was the wildcard. A bonus if he had a breakout year but if he didn’t perform would leave us weak on the right wing.

I want to emphasise that I’m not calling him a bad player but he’s not of the level we need right now starting or off the bench because our other options are just as average as he is.

Look at the PL top 10 standings currently and tell me does he even start for one of them. The answer is no. Our biggest problem is our 2nd RW option for the position he plays doesn’t get in any PL team :lol:

He needs to be a lot braver, but he has a hard time receiving the ball from his team mates in good positions. A lot of the possession was directed towards the left wing last night, I presume Dalot and Mazraoui's positioning has something to do with it. There was a point where Amad had to point and tell Mazraoui to overlap on the outside, opening up space for him to cut in and create a chance for Bruno. Without this overlapping Amad is getting double upped on and he's forced to play it safe. Ten Hag's current set up is a mess.
He has seen a lot of the ball this autumn, and done well with it as well. I assume you are talking mostly about Porto, where I very much agree. It seemed certainly that Mazraoui had instructions to stay behind and at the most come centrally up the pitch if at all.

Agree about the Dalot point as well. With the ball, we tended to go 3-2-5 with Mazraoui at the RCB position, Dalot as the LCM position. So Dalot was closer to help Rashford, Eriksen was over with Rashford, Casemiro stayed centrally and Bruno tended to go centrally, so Amad was very isolated in attack but tended to do his defence decently most of the time.

I think Amad has taken/been given a very sobre role to balance the all out attack of Rashford/Garnacho on the other wing, and still he has more dangerous passes than anyone in the team. He’s done alright.

It’s an issue for us that we have a lot more potential than all-round competence innour attacking positions, hence all the talk about patience (as if)

Last edited:
He barely gets the ball, it honestly seemed like people were avoiding passing to him at points last night. He has been disappointing recently, though.

Not in consideration to come of the bench.
This felt like a game he could have added something.

I'd take his bottom level over Garnacho's every day of the week.

For what it's worth, the 3 league games he hasn't started, we have scored zero goals combined.

ETH has been frothing at the mouth to get out of the team. It’s clear as day he doesn’t fancy him. Which is probably a good indicator that the lad is actually very talented.

Have to say, even though he was quiet against Porto, he still did his stuff ok. He is far more complete than our other wingers.

IF Porto was a stinker from Amad, then look at what Garnacho produces. I can't believe anyone including ETH chooses Garnacho and Antony above him. Garnacho litterally can't pass

Have to say, even though he was quiet against Porto, he still did his stuff ok. He is far more complete than our other wingers.

IF Porto was a stinker from Amad, then look at what Garnacho produces. I can't believe anyone including ETH chooses Garnacho and Antony above him. Garnacho litterally can't pass

Agreed. Amad even in his slow last couple of matches still played those eye of the needle passes into the box that Garnacho and especially Antony are incapable of.

Ten Hag has persisted with Garancho and more especially the utterly hapless Antony through sustained periods of poor performances laced with greed and poor decision making. Why can't he afford Amad more time in this run he finally gave him?

Last edited:
He’s withdrawn from the Côte d'Ivoire squad due to illness.
With so many of our players pulling out of international duty it has me wondering if they were read the riot act by the club, knuckle down, work hard, prioritize United, prove yourself or you're out of here. It's too many of our players for it to be a coincidence.

And for the record, I hope that's true.