Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He didn't do much tonight. Needs to show more consistency and get more involved both in terms of assisting and getting into goal scoring positions. I think he didn't even have a shot on goal tonight.

I think he has shown enough to be part of our squad but Antony needs to be replaced with a top quality RW so Amad has some competition. Kind of reminds me of early Nani before he found his feet.

2 top players competing for every position is how I see it - ie De Ligt vs Yoro, Dalot vs Mazroui.

I thought he had an okay game. One of our better, but that's not saying much. There is just something with him as our right winger that just doesn't sit with me, and I definitely think we should look to upgrade next summer. Good squad player, but he isn't going to take us to the top.

He was up against one of the worst LB's of yhe Eredivisie (defensively), but failed to do anything of note

Was watching him quite closely last night and can see why coaches would like him. It was more off the ball stuff but the ball was on the other side and he was running to get back in to position to help defend if it comes to his side.

A quick look to the opposite side of the pitch where the ball is and Rashford has barely broken in to a jog to get back in or get at the player with the ball.

Amad I think needs to show a bit more determination and demand the ball more. Seems a bit like he is on the periphery at times waiting for people to let him join in the game. When he does actually get the ball more often than not he is doing some good things. Feel like he just needs to get his confidence up a bit more.

flashes from him last night....

same as all our attacking players

collectively and individually not good enough - Much improvement needed

I’d like to see this guy play behind the striker, rather than out wide. Diminutive but tricky - Zola-esque.

Unfortunately, that position is not available. Ever.

Really quiet, don't think he's cementing his spot at all. Garnacho is clearly our best winger, and Rashford though average seems a bit more impactful at the moment. Think we need to look for another winger next season if it continues like this.

Amad has been good in general this season, definitely an improvement over Antony, but frankly that isn't saying much. But he hasn't been perfect, I would say he has gone missing in games as much as he's been one of our better performers in other games, he is a young player and still inconsistent. I do think he will go on to be a top player, but he is 22, and I know to the younger generation that means he should already be peaking in his career, the reality is up in until a few years ago 22 was still considered a kid. But this is the fanbase that can't figure out why 15 year old Amass isn't starting in our most important games, perspective seems to be totally lost in football.

I think one thing is for sure, the fans last season who demonized Ten Hag for not starting Amad in every game from Jan on were wrong, he wasn't prime Messi in waiting, he was an inconsistent kid that still needed to learn and earn his way in.

For the record I am a big fan and expect to see lots from him, but I will be patient.

Really quiet, don't think he's cementing his spot at all. Garnacho is clearly our best winger, and Rashford though average seems a bit more impactful at the moment. Think we need to look for another winger next season if it continues like this.
Think we need a new right winger although Amad is fine for squad depth, I also think Only one of Hojlund and Zirkzee will survive and we need to go big and buy Gyrokes or osimhen don’t care which one we need a proper experienced number 9, maybe then have 3 Main CF’s and start scoring a lot of goals again.

Big fan of Amad but he was a bit quiet last night. Had an okay game but needed to be more involved, I think we were playing the ball down the left more.

I still think by the end of the season we will see a much better player with regular game time.

Amad has been good in general this season, definitely an improvement over Antony, but frankly that isn't saying much. But he hasn't been perfect, I would say he has gone missing in games as much as he's been one of our better performers in other games, he is a young player and still inconsistent. I do think he will go on to be a top player, but he is 22, and I know to the younger generation that means he should already be peaking in his career, the reality is up in until a few years ago 22 was still considered a kid. But this is the fanbase that can't figure out why 15 year old Amass isn't starting in our most important games, perspective seems to be totally lost in football.

I think one thing is for sure, the fans last season who demonized Ten Hag for not starting Amad in every game from Jan on were wrong, he wasn't prime Messi in waiting, he was an inconsistent kid that still needed to learn and earn his way in.

For the record I am a big fan and expect to see lots from him, but I will be patient.
Excellent post.

I don't know if it's me hyper focusing on him but he seems to really shy away from the physical side of the game and it was really visible yesterday especially. Whenever there was a tackle or a player coming at him his first priority was to get out of the way instead of getting stuck in and try and salvage something. I like the kid and hopefully he can have a positive impact on our season, but at the same time I think this is a make or break year for him, hopefully he can rise to the challenge as it'll save us a lot of headaches next summer.

Reactions: Cheimoon

And the funny part with him being 22 is even though he’s been at the club since 2021 this is his first actual season where he’s part of the first team getting consistent football.

I’m a big fan. Think it’ll probably all come together at some point. Just don’t expect it to be under this gaffer.

News flash: nobody is prime Messi in waiting. Of course Amad is inconsistent and young but the key point is he was ALREADY GOOD ENOUGH TO START. Nobody is saying he would have scored or assisted in every game but he is clearly better than Antony and arguably Rashford and he helps us keep the ball much better than any of our other wingers. If anything the people who were saying ETH did the right thing by keeping him on the bench even after his heroics against Liverpool in the FA cup look stupid because as he has shown this season and you even admit, he would have been an upgrade.

I don't know if it's me hyper focusing on him but he seems to really shy away from the physical side of the game and it was really visible yesterday especially. Whenever there was a tackle or a player coming at him his first priority was to get out of the way instead of getting stuck in and try and salvage something. I like the kid and hopefully he can have a positive impact on our season, but at the same time I think this is a make or break year for him, hopefully he can rise to the challenge as it'll save us a lot of headaches next summer.
Competed for and won as many duels as Bruno and made 3 tackles, more than any one else in our forward line - Not sure how you get this analysis at all, if you are to criticize him it would coincide with his strength which is retention, sometimes he does need to make that pass rather than just recycle it but despite his diminutive stature he gets stuck in more than most attackers on our side.

Competed for and won as many duels as Bruno and made 3 tackles, more than any one else in our forward line - Not sure how you get this analysis at all, if you are to criticize him it would coincide with his strength which is retention, sometimes he does need to make that pass rather than just recycle it but despite his diminutive stature he gets stuck in more than most attackers on our side.
I specifically remember a case where Mazraoui (I think) plays a through ball to him and a Twente defender slide tackling him relatively far way from where he and the ball were, instead of driving the ball towards the defender to draw a foul for a penalty or create a chance for his attacker he just lifts his foot to avoid a non existent contact. And if we're comparing this version of Bruno against other players I think even championship players are going to come on top, so this doesn't say much about the quality of our players. As I said I (along many others I'm sure) have big expectations regarding Amad, and he's been alright in the fixtures where he featured thus far this season but if you compare him to players like Martial or Rashford in their first appearances then he's a long way off, although the season is still young and I'm sure he'll leave his mark on it if he's the real deal.

EDIT: Here's a link to all his touches yesterday, the one I'm talking about is the last one before getting subbed off, it was Rashford not Maz who released him, too bad they didn't show the alternative angle because it looked even worse then !

Last edited: