Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Expecting him to be replaced by Garnacho from the next game onwards but hopefully he can impress coming off the bench and make a case for himself to start games.

This.
We're better off playing 2 runners in Rashford and Garnacho if Bruno starts as a false 9.
Until we’re able to control the midfield fully I agree that runners are best. Amad better playing of pivots high up the pitch.

Yeah, feels like Zirkzee and Amad could keep possession between the for days if needed. Both have that effortless control and composure on he ball.
I can see us playing some very good football when they get together. The type where we walk the ball into the net so to speak.

All of our wingers were fit on Friday and he started. If Amad ends this season as a cup player it'll be his own fault - the position is currently his to lose.
Garnacho back late from Copa America and is definitely ahead of Amad. I think its between those two for the RW position, and I think Rashford starts on the left.

Garnacho back late from Copa America and is definitely ahead of Amad. I think its between those two for the RW position, and I think Rashford starts on the left.
He still has to win his position back.

I find it very strange that Amad finished last season as a starter, worked through preseason as a starter, and has begun this season as a starter, but people are still intent on going "poor overlooked Amad is only gonna be a cup player." What will make you happy?

I'm not a huge Guardiola fan but if he were United manager he would consider Amad as his number one winger. Rashford hides so as not to find himself in the position of taking risks, and Garnacho, despite a can-do attitude and the enthusiasm of youth, is too limited. Amad should without a shadow of a doubt be the lane player we invest in, because he has the talent. Erik should chain him up so he can gain confidence. But although this coach has qualities, he does not have the ability to choose his wingers well.

I'm not a huge Guardiola fan but if he were United manager he would consider Amad as his number one winger. Rashford hides so as not to find himself in the position of taking risks, and Garnacho, despite a can-do attitude and the enthusiasm of youth, is too limited. Amad should without a shadow of a doubt be the lane player we invest in, because he has the talent. Erik should chain him up so he can gain confidence. But although this coach has qualities, he does not have the ability to choose his wingers well.
My head hurts.

I think (hope) Amad earns another start. I think Garnacho is our best attacker off the bench too.

Honestly Rashford is the one deserving of replacing. Sadly AG is better on Amad's flank
I would like us to test Diallo on one side and Garnacho on the other but I doubt Rashford is going to the bench anytime soon. Maybe for a game or two to get some rest but not on a permanent basis.

We need a couple players up top who keep the ball. Amad and Zirkzee should both start.
I like the mix of Zirkzee, Amad, Garnacho, Bruno, Mainoo and Casemiro (or eventually Ugarte) in midfield.

It's a good blend of players who keep the ball and those who are a bit more aggressive in their attacking play. In theory it could work well.

Too much is made of the starting eleven...it's basically a group of 11-15 players every match. But we all need something to fill the time between matches so I get it.

No mistakes and less erratic than Garnacho, but didn't do anything in offense either. All in all a quite anonymous game from him. You expect more from a starting attacker. Looked more dangerous in the preseason.
I doubt he'll start this weekend.

No mistakes and less erratic than Garnacho, but didn't do anything in offense either. All in all a quite anonymous game from him. You expect more from a starting attacker. Looked more dangerous in the preseason.
I doubt he'll start this weekend.

Neither Amad nor Rashford got much joy in the first half tbf as Fulham got back pretty quickly. When Garnacho came on the game started to get more stretched and him and Rashford started to get more space. However, we also saw that when both Garnacho and Rashford play we turn over the ball more, Amad on the other hand was very secure in possesion and contributed to that half hour period of us pinning Fulham back.

I also think if we are going to realistically give Amad a chance we can't just drop him because he had an okay performance in the very first game. He also had a good game vs City as well so I think he deserves to start again.

Yeah, feels like Zirkzee and Amad could keep possession between the for days if needed. Both have that effortless control and composure on he ball.
Agreed. If we are going to win away from home against our rivals and progress in the big games in Europe we need to get the balance better between control/recycling possession and risk taking from Bruno and Garnacho etc.

Apparently his mum has passed away. Condolences to the kid. Hope he stays strong.

Edit : Mods, not sure if this belongs here. Feel free to move it somewhere else as appropriate.

Last edited:
Apparently his mum has passed away. Condolences to the kid. Hope he stays strong.

Edit : Mods, not sure if this belongs here. Feel free to move it somewhere else as appropriate.

Ah bollocks, RIP. Hope Amad's alright.

Wouldn't have blamed him for pulling out of squad because some things are bigger than football

Ah god that's awful for the poor kid. Hope everyone at the club rallies around him, being far from home and going through such a hard life event at such a young age.

So judging by his latest post, it was his step mother not his biological mother. Still must have been very close to her as he calls her sister. Prayers for him and his family.

Ahh thats terrible news for the lad and the family. Hopefully he's given whatever time he needs, but at a point where he was hoping to nail down a starting place I hope he can be somehow assured it won't affect his chances if he (understandably) declares himself unavailable for a short while.

So judging by his latest post, it was his step mother not his biological mother. Still must have been very close to her as he calls her sister. Prayers for him and his family.
I think he’s saying she was the mum of his brother and sister, not that he considers her a sister.

Whatever the relation, it's horrible to lose someone you're close to.

Am I understanding something wrong he says she was her sister but also his brother's mother?

Am I understanding something wrong he says she was her sister but also his brother's mother?

I thought he was saying she was his brother's and sister's mother (typo by him to say "sister" instead of "sister's"), and that she was his mother in the sense that he considered her one as he was close to her.

I don't know now, only just found out that Amad has a very unclear family background.

Whatever the case he's felt fit to post about it so RIP.

Five adults have been accused of smuggling Diallo, his brother Hamed and three other young African footballers into Italy on a family visa six years ago. They face accusations of crimes of forgery and aiding and abetting illegal immigration. Two of them claimed to be the brothers' parents, allowing the boys to enter through that country's 'family reunification' system.

Hamed Mamadou Traore, the founder of the Abidjan team in the Ivory Coast, acted as the fake father to Diallo while his wife Marina Edwige Teher took the part of his mum.

Her sister Larissa Ghislaine Teher and respective husband Zadi Gildas Abou claimed to be parents of Diallo's 'cousins'. One plays for Lecce and another represents a club in Serie D. Finally, Bly Blaise Tehe, who is married to an Italian citizen, had the fifth fake son.

DNA tests proved Diallo and his brother were not related to the supposed parents, who could face up to 15 years in prison.

It has been alleged that Amad Diallo Traore is not his real name. He dropped Traore, the surname of his 'fake' father, on his 18th birthday. He will only have Amad on his United shirt. Hamed may not even be his brother.

Last edited:
Brighton 2:1 Man Utd New
Awful performance even with the goal.

Just a marginally better version of Antony.

So many times he had the chance to put the ball into the middle of the pitch when we were on a break; but that would mean using his right foot. So he stops. Stands still. Passes the ball backwards and kills the move. Time and time again he did it.