Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Abysmal first half. Somewhat better second half, plus the goal. Getting dropped before Rashford does would be a shame.

It is nice that he scored a goal but he could have had 2 goals and 2 assists today. He needs to be smarter in certain situation.

Also moments like where he was just standing offide from a Zirkzee pass. He is still young enough to improve but if he doesnt improve on that aspect, i dont think he will be good enough for a top team.

Read that some were claiming he had a dreadfull game, i dont agree with that but he did have some dreadfull moments.

Agree with this. People equating it to Antony are fecking stupid, Antony's issue is that he doesn't even present a threat in majority of games. Amad presented plenty of threat just fecked up the final action far more than he normally does. Still scored an excellent goal and could have also had an assist as well if Rashford isn't offsides.

The poor pass on the 3v2 to Rashford was probably his worst moment today for me. Has to either play Mount (or Bruno? can't remember who made the other run) or make the defenders commit to him themselves to open up the Rashford pass instead of playing it behind him. The Dalot cross was a tougher chance than people give it credit for considering the height that ball was at, but definitely got that wrong too.

He's still all things considered probably the best finisher of our wingers right now. I'd like to see him in a full game without the Bruno/Mount gimmick to start, I think that formation puts so much extra pressure on the wingers because defenders know they don't have to be occupied with any sort of threat through the middle and can double up wide more often.

Could have also had an assist as well if Rashford isn't offsides.
I completely forgot about that actually.

Considering he had an awful game he did have some good contributions - the goal, cross to Rashford and his part in Zirkzee's offside goal.

I'm confident his decision making and ball retention can't be that bad again next game, and his confidence may be up after the goal. I'd start him again.

I completely forgot about that actually.

Considering he had an awful game he did have some good contributions - the goal, cross to Rashford and his part in Zirkzee's offside goal.

I'm confident his decision making and ball retention can't be that bad again next game, and his confidence may be up after the goal. I'd start him again.

I would too. He also made some excellent tackles in the second half tracking back which was nice to see considering he wasn't on his game going forward today.

For me he's just one of those players you take the lumps with because his talent warrants it the more experience he gets. It's evident in those flashes.

I would too. He also made some excellent tackles in the second half tracking back which was nice to see considering he wasn't on his game going forward today.

For me he's just one of those players you take the lumps with because his talent warrants it the more experience he gets. It's evident in those flashes.
Those lumps should have been taken last season but Ten Hag decided to stick him on the bench for 5 months instead.

We'd have a much better player on our hands right now if we just gave him experience last season. Poor management.

Two poor games in a row now. The goal shouldn’t mask the performances.

Garnacho into the starting 11 now, he is considerably better on the right. Up to Amad to fight his way into the team now.

Those lumps should have been taken last season but Ten Hag decided to stick him on the bench for 5 months instead.

We'd have a much better player on our hands right now if we just gave him experience last season. Poor management.

Agree also, was shouting from the heavens for him to get more minutes Jan- onwards and it never really happened. Is what it is.

Hit and miss performance, mostly latter.

Does seem to like popping up with a goal, though.

Garnacho into the starting 11 now, he is considerably better on the right. Up to Amad to fight his way into the team now.
Or just drop Rashford who's comfortably the worst of the 3.

Has Rashford been feeding you school dinners because he's comfortably worse than both.

Amad looked like he was holding his groin when he went off today. Hope it wasn't anything serious.

He wasn't good, but don't think he was as bad as some in here are saying either.

Players like Amad will always struggle to garner fanbase trust/belief because he's not just some classic hard charging touchline winger constantly taking his man to the outside and banging crosses into the box. Same reason so many already don't like Zirkzee because he's not a classic wrestling with CB's type 9 sitting in the penalty box. United fans tend to have classic archetypes they favor over others. Just is the way it is I guess.

I've seen Garnacho with far worse performances than what Amad managed today. It's going to happen with young wingers, doesn't mean you immediately bench them (especially not when they still manage to affect the game with end product). Ideally the team around them functions well enough to where they can consistently get into areas to hurt the opposition.

Showed how green and raw he still is to be counted on as a starter, unfortunately. And this excludes missing the target with that great opportunity in the 1st half. The only problem is how shite our wingers have been so far. Might be a good idea to play Mount on the left against Salah and play Garnacho on the right against Liverpool.

Supporters need to be patient with him.

Everybody was raging when he wasn't starting every game last season, but it is clear he still has so much growth to do in his game. As with so many United players the last number of years - the ones who don't play get considered to be much better than they actually are.

There is a player there, but patience will be needed.

In my book he was comfortably our worst player today, despite the goal.

He killed so many of our attacks with poor passing and/or decision making, and was lucky to stay on the pitch as long as he did.

Wasn't at his best but he did actually score and create chances, which is lot more than others have been doing.

Nice player but ultimately not good enough.

Simultaneously both our worst player and our only goal threat. Bizarre game. Hope we stick with him because I’d far rather watch him & Ganacho given a chance to prove themselves then waste minutes on proven failures like Sancho, Antony & Rashford.

Goal masked an awful display. Constantly giving the ball away and killing off our attacks by hanging on to the ball too long or just not releasing the pass.

I thought he was one of our better players despite the naivete. I'd stick with him - I wouldn't want to play him every week at this point either mind you, think he needs management but he's shown more in first 2 games than others.

Poor game from him. At least he had a goal and could have had another assist if Rashford managed to stay onside. Which is already better than Antony in terms of end product.

But so many misplaced passes and the amount of times him and Rashford were offside was infuriating. Also should have done a lot better with the cross from Dalot in the first half. He has the quality to be better than what he showed today, hope he gets there.

Players like Amad will always struggle to garner fanbase trust/belief because he's not just some classic hard charging touchline winger constantly taking his man to the outside and banging crosses into the box.

I’d argue he’s more (over)rated because he isn’t and because he isn’t charging at wingers, some people are overrating his playmaking abilities / retention saying he’s a future #10. He’s still very raw, his passing needs work and needs to improve so much.

I think he needs at least a couple more starts to give him more of a chance to settle in the team even if he isn't in the team for the Liverpool game. I would much rather him in the team than rashford or Antony but wouldn't be against trying mount on the left

Antony costed him a season of development, let’s hope it is not too late for him now.

Antony costed him a season of development, let’s hope it is not too late for him now.
Speaking of development, he seems to me as one who clearly still needs plenty of game time to develop further. Still shows the lack of first team experience. Today wasn't a great showing at all though

I thought he was one of our better players despite the naivete. I'd stick with him - I wouldn't want to play him every week at this point either mind you, think he needs management but he's shown more in first 2 games than others.
Yeah I'm not seeing this whole he was poor or had a shocker narrative.
It was a mixed bag but he scored, could have had an assist or two. Did well for the offside goal too when he held it and passed at the right moment for Bruno. But should have made a better pass for rashford in first half or zirkzee second half.

Reckon garnacho starts v Liverpool but thought he did ok both ways but could do better too

Not Antony's fault, Ten Hag picks the team.

You mean last season when he was injured for much of it?
He made his first sub appearance in December and wasn't seen again for months. We'd have a better version of Amad now if we'd have bedded him into the team in the 2nd half of last season when he was fit throughout. But our manager who lead us to 8th place apparently knew better.

I’d argue he’s more (over)rated because he isn’t and because he isn’t charging at wingers, some people are overrating his playmaking abilities / retention saying he’s a future #10. He’s still very raw, his passing needs work and needs to improve so much.
I mean I think many like myself rate him because he’s quite often very good in the final third, great ball striking, makes good decisions, and takes care of the ball in tight spaces. I think you’re far overrating his “rawness”, he needs more experience at this level sure but he’s more refined technique wise than Garnacho already.

Or just drop Rashford who's comfortably the worst of the 3.
Has Rashford been feeding you school dinners because he's comfortably worse than both.
As I said in my quote, Garnacho is considerably better on the right, and that’s Amads spot.

Rashford needs to be dropped too. Zirkzee is meant to be capable of playing on the left too but I don’t see it.

Amad has talent but if you are okay with results like this, then sure, keep him in. And I’m saying this as one of his biggest fans over the past few years.

Let him rotate with Garnacho and if they’re both firing, then find a way to put them both in the team. I like the player but I just want us to up the standard.

As I said in my quote, Garnacho is considerably better on the right, and that’s Amads spot.

Rashford needs to be dropped too. Zirkzee is meant to be capable of playing on the left too but I don’t see it.

Amad has talent but if you are okay with results like this, then sure, keep him in. And I’m saying this as one of his biggest fans over the past few years.

Let him rotate with Garnacho and if they’re both firing, then find a way to put them both in the team. I like the player but I just want us to up the standard.
He's out most in form winger. He stays in the team for me.

He's out most in form winger. He stays in the team for me.
That’s fair. Slim pickings though.

In the Rashford thread I mentioned I really liked to see Diallo try a few things and then once he saw what clicked, he just began making that same run down the right which gave us an outlet.

It’s the sign of an intelligent footballer who can read the game. So hopefully his finishing and his passes start to come off. We need one of these wingers to really start firing.

This was one of his worst games I’ve seen in a United shirt, but It does say more about the other wingers than it does about him thats all I’m going to say about today.

It’s clear he’s being held to a higher standard by some probably because a certain someone is probably gonna end up on the bench soon when Garnacho gets back into the team.

In my book he was comfortably our worst player today, despite the goal.

He killed so many of our attacks with poor passing and/or decision making, and was lucky to stay on the pitch as long as he did.
Great summary.