Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Not good in the first half but better in the 2nd, needs to clean up the loose touches from his game.

Can only think he wasn’t really in the right headspace to start (even though he asked to). Glad he got the goal, though.

Awful performance even with the goal.

Just a marginally better version of Antony.

So many times he had the chance to put the ball into the middle of the pitch when we were on a break; but that would mean using his right foot. So he stops. Stands still. Passes the ball backwards and kills the move. Time and time again he did it.
A bit harsh considering the circumstances. I thought he was pretty poor in the first half but came alive after the goal. Didn't always take the right option but looked a bigger threat than Rashford.

I thought he was pretty good, nothing amazing but he created 2 or 3 chances, scored a goal and narrowly missed out on another goal after some good movement.

He didn't look right today. He's obviously struggling with recent events and imo he shouldn't be judged too harshly off this match. He looked uncharacteristically timid today. When he tried once or twice he beat Hinshelwood comfortably but most of the time he preferred a back pass or slowing down the game.

A threat, but erratic, as you would expect a young player to be. The problem is that fans build those who are not playing up to unrealistic levels. He has talent, but has a long way to go.

Apart from the goal I thought he was even worse in the second half
My problem with the first half is that our perofrmance should've suited his skillset and he failed to take advantage.

We lost control in the 2nd. Aside from the goal, he worked hard to cover in midfield when Mainoo couldn't and played the right pass for what should've been the 2nd goal.

It is nice that he scored a goal but he could have had 2 goals and 2 assists today. He needs to be smarter in certain situation.

Also moments like where he was just standing offide from a Zirkzee pass. He is still young enough to improve but if he doesnt improve on that aspect, i dont think he will be good enough for a top team.

Read that some were claiming he had a dreadfull game, i dont agree with that but he did have some dreadfull moments.

Poor in the first half, did well with his run to force his goal in and mostly did a fairly good job working back to help the team although it did result in a foul twice as well. You can at least appreciate he was trying. Same thing with 2 or 3 runs he was trying to make behind the defence without good timing. He was at least trying to make them but a lack of care to make sure he stayed onside. Some of them the ball didnt reach him anyway so it didnt matter too much, but on another day maybe the ball would have been right and not bothering to time the run properly would have broken down more moves.

Had a shocker, there's no 2 ways about it. But considering the circumstances, anyone who as written him off already should give him more time

A threat, but erratic, as you would expect a young player to be. The problem is that fans build those who are not playing up to unrealistic levels. He has talent, but has a long way to go.
He's 22, barely a youngster anymore and needs to stop letting mistakes knock his confidence. If he can't get past making mistakes and learn from them, he's not going to be here long term.

Bad game. Which you expect given his inexperience and personal circumstances.

But still coming away with a goal from that is a positive.

Amad is good enough to persist with, but desperately needs to improve his play in decisive moments.

Played a terrible pass to Rashford in the first half when the latter could have been through one on one. Then in the second half he drifted offside when receiving a pass from Zirkzee. If he kept his head up to spot the high Brighton line he could have been through one on one himself against the keeper.

Good for the goal but look absolutely knackered, more than usual, which is odd as while his touch and general game can be loose later in the game, it was very bad at times. Very little credit in the bank but I'd still have him in the team as we should be building for more ball retention etc. Rashford needs to go to the bench for Garnacho; them two can interchange for now.

Still the same feelings as last season, he's a tidy player but never going to be anything special. We need Garnacho back out there.

First half his decision making was off which is really surprising as that's probably his best trait. I thought he played a good second half, the one bad moment he had was where he didn't get onside for an easy pass.

Having said that, I think he suffered from our subs and the lack of energy in midfield. He used a lot of energy getting back to help in midfield because Casemiro can't play any longer than 60 minutes and Mainoo's stamina levels aren't quite where they need to be. The shape was all over the place. Hence, we massively lost control of the game.

So many players just come across as so brainless when wearing a United shirt

I'm a fan but I thought he was poor today.

However what you would say is his ball retention and decision making are usually his better attributes, it just didn't show today. With a player who hasn't played a large sample of games I'm willing to just call it a bad day.

His goal though, shows he is a big threat. 1v1 against a defender he manages to make the space to get a shot away with ease. He was also involved in Zirkzee's offside goal with a well timed pass for Bruno's overlap.

I can't help but go back to the 2nd half of last season. Those 5 months were the time to get him used to premier league football, allow him to have some good games and some bad games last season and you will reap the rewards this season, as you will have a player much further along in his development.

Instead what's happened is we wasted those 5 months where we could have been developing his game and getting him up to speed with this level. Just bad management.

Shaky game from him understandably but still had plenty of impactful moments. He’s clearly got bags of ability, he just needs to show more consistency which should come over the course of the season.

Still the same feelings as last season, he's a tidy player but never going to be anything special. We need Garnacho back out there.
Disagree, Amad is a constant attacking threat. His head maybe was not quite in it today after the death of his stepmom.
Garnacho should replace the ineffective Rashford on the left.

He was better in the second and he pretty much set up the chance for the disallowed goal with his throughball to Bruno
He also gave the ball away a lot. Had terrible movement, to the point where Kobbie was shouting and waving at him to move, which he didn’t and also a bit brainless in drifting offside a few times. He has two good moments in the second half. They both could have ended up as goals, but as a whole I think his second half performance was pretty bad.

I think he will always have the ability to create or score a goal for us but I think we’re a few months away from him putting full performances together.

Had some decent moments but his final ball where he had two simple assists were horrendous. I’m sure it will improve with more game time.

He also gave the ball away a lot. Had terrible movement, to the point where Kobbie was shouting and waving at him to move, which he didn’t and also a bit brainless in drifting offside a few times. He has two good moments in the second half. They both could have ended up as goals, but as a whole I think his second half performance was pretty bad.
I wonder if something could be on his mind, affecting his concentration and focus.

I wonder if something could be on his mind, affecting his concentration and focus.
Could be!! Manager should have recognised that he was struggling on the ball and contributing to Brightons transitions.

Enough in that to know there's a proper player in there. A lot of wrinkles to iron out, but worth persevering.

He was equally good and bad today. Like he would do something good then muck up the final pass. He seemed to shake that after his goal and second half he was better but seeing enough signs to feel optimistic about him.

He was equally good and bad today. Like he would do something good then muck up the final pass. He seemed to shake that after his goal and second half he was better but seeing enough signs to feel optimistic about him.

Agreed. It's a shame he didn't make the right decisions in the first half as I feel there could've been a couple more chances for us. His position in the team shouldn't be under threat when the chap on the other flank is underwhelming almost on a weekly basis.

Good things - he put in a beautiful cross on Casemiro's head from a set piece, his through ball to Bruno that led to the Zirkzee offside goal was perfectly weighted and his cross to Rashy's offside goal was also lovely and of course he took the goal well.

The bad - literally everything else. He's not a moment player, he's typically a player who retains the ball well, but today he's had one shocker after the other and gave Brighton so many chances to counter us (also 2 stupid fouls in dangerous positions).

Hopefully he'll come back stronger next week, but he should continue to start because the potential is clear to see

The passing of his mother clearly got into his head. As you would expect, not easy to just put it aside and focus 100% on the game. Surprised Garnacho didn`t start considering this. Hope he can be back focused for next game, we need it.