Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Rashford, Amad and Garnacho are going to share all the minutes on the wing.

Around the hour mark one of them will be changed almost every match, but they will all play shit loads of minutes this season.

If that was an Antony performance he would be getting dragged all over the room

He wasn’t bad at all - excellent ball retention just couldn’t open them up. He was unfortunate that Mr. Manchester plays on the opposite wing and hence can’t be subbed.

He wasn’t bad at all - excellent ball retention just couldn’t open them up. He was unfortunate that Mr. Manchester plays on the opposite wing and hence can’t be subbed.
Good ball retention, couldn’t open them up.. sounds like Antony

Antony has played like this for two seasons.

This is Amad's real first chance.

This is the difference.
Antony hasn't even played this for two seasons. Amad was very good in the first half. Antony would get praise for his better displays - but we've not even seen these sort of solid displays regularly let alone goals and assists.

Feels like some here wants him to be dropped desperately. Fact is he was going to get substituted at 60 minutes regardless of his performance as seen by the game against city. He had decent first half with a mazy run and a good corner but for lot of the game we tried attacking through left and he didn't see enough of the ball.

I get that feeling too. Not sure why but it seems people don't want him to succeed.

The team focused their attacks on the left so much that a stat showed something like 80% or more was focused on the left and centre, he didn't see much of the ball until we controlled the game after 30 mins in the first half.

I still think he'll be back in starting 11 next week

He was very quiet today. Didn't help that we seemed to focus a lot of our attacks from the left wing. Not bad by any means but he needs to do more if he wants to win that right wing spot from Garnacho.

Amad didn't get on the ball enough, but when he did he was generally quite good (bar one or two bad moments soon before he got subbed). Not sure how much of his lack of involvement is due to things he himself is doing and how much is just that the rest of the team prioritises attacking down the left.

We lost control of the match pretty much the instant we subbed him and Mount off. I do think Mount going off and also Mainoo tiring were bigger causes of that, but Amad going off did contribute as well.

You can’t be serious with this comparison surely? Antony hasn’t been getting dragged over the odd underwhelming performance. He’s been getting dragged for being consistently underwhelming over the course of two seasons. Amad is only just starting to make consistent first team appearances. We’ll know how he stacks up against Antony by the end of this season.

Antony gets dragged because he does his dumb cut in and uselessly float the ball over the net about 5 times a game, before lifting his hand in apology every time.

He was great the first 45 mins. Finally seemed like we have a winger with some class that can manipulate and create situations. Wasn’t just kick and run. Needed to get him on the ball more but he was one of our best players for that period of time.

He however 5 minutes before getting subbed off seemed to just collapse. Gave the ball away stupidly didn’t give Maguire an option when he ran down the wing. Just all of a sudden stopped doing the right things.

Promising first half.

I wish Rashford had his composure on the ball. Not his best today but certainly offers more than any other winger in the squad. Hopefully he keeps his run in the starting line up going.

I thought he had a good first half and then didn't do much along with the rest of the team for the 1st 20 minutes of the second half. What I did notice was how crap our corner kicks were after he went off. It will be interesting to see if he gets a chance to take free kicks around the box or if Bruno will demand to smack them all into the wall or miles over the bar.

I wish Rashford had his composure on the ball. Not his best today but certainly offers more than any other winger in the squad. Hopefully he keeps his run in the starting line up going.
He’s come off in the last 2 games and the winger replacing him produced a goal and an assist in half the time.

Needs to do more but he definitely is kind of player who if he clicks would elevate the whole attacking dynamic of the team .

I would persist with him and give him extended run in the team for the time being .

Why was Rashford kept on instead of Amad? Horrible decision.
He lost the ball a few times and his head dropped. It was the right call as Robinson was starting to get the better of him.

Its the first game of the season and no one is at peak condition, he'll come into it soon enough. I do think we'll start Garncho against Brighton though.

He needs a run of games. Should not be dropped now.

Garnacho is better off the bench anyway.

The talent is clearly there to see. The ball is sticking to his foot and he looks up for a pass.
He needs a run in the team now and find some rhythm and I hope he does and not getting benched now.
Think we would see a different Amad yesterday if Zirkzee played. He needs a focus point and someone to deliver to.

Reactions: Fortitude
Unlucky for him that when Zirkee came on he came off. He needs a central presence to play of and we will see him at his best. Hopefully he gets a run off games though as it’s a confidence issue too. Even if he doesn’t start them all he needs to know he can be trusted I feel.

Really hope Ten Hag persists with him starting and doesn't treat it as a 'told you so' moment and reverts back to kind with Garnacho playing out of position on the right or even worse - starting Antony. Unlike Rashford, I do feel its beneficial for us and him to get him playing a consistent string of games until he builds a rhythm. Clearly an exceptionally talented player there.

He lost the ball a few times and his head dropped. It was the right call as Robinson was starting to get the better of him.

Its the first game of the season and no one is at peak condition, he'll come into it soon enough. I do think we'll start Garncho against Brighton though.

Garnacho assisted the winning goal and Rashford created the space for the build up from Zirkzee with a stretching run in behind.

It wasnt a bad change at all

You said “offers more than any other winger in the squad” which is nonsense.

Rashford should’ve had 2 assists yesterday as well.

I’m convinced he will offer more in the coming season. Not basing it off one game. Ideally I would like Garnacho and Himself to start with Rashford riding the bench.

I think he'll be a cup player and off the bench in the league when everyone is fit, as much as i wish otherwise. EtH will play Garnacho Zirkee Rashford as the front 3 in most of our games i reckon. I wish Rashford was dropped for him but i just can't see it.

He's deceptively strong. If he goes down it's either a clear foul or a dive.
Haha that one in the first half was definitely the later! And it was one of the worst attempts you'll ever see! He's good enough to not need that, so I hope it was a first game nerves, or desperation to impress thing that lead to it.

The talent is clearly there to see. The ball is sticking to his foot and he looks up for a pass.

Yeah he ran into a few brick walls but passes the eye test for me. Let's see, we have enough squad depth and rotation. I really wanted Olise for the past 6 months for this exact reason but it wasn't meant to be given our focus for the window. Hope he steps up and delivers.

I think he'll be a cup player and off the bench in the league when everyone is fit, as much as i wish otherwise. EtH will play Garnacho Zirkee Rashford as the front 3 in most of our games i reckon. I wish Rashford was dropped for him but i just can't see it.
I think we will see him get plenty of starts. We have a lot of league games and EtH has shown he will drop players who aren't performing.

I'm probably a bit too bullish on Amad but I think he is such a good player that he must play a lot of games. He offers something our other wingers can't since he is technically very good and has brilliant decision making.

With Garnacho and Rashford on the wings we have two players who want to cut in and shoot primarily. I think have Amad on the other side offers us more balance as a team. Amad is also pretty good at tracking back too.

All of our wingers were fit on Friday and he started. If Amad ends this season as a cup player it'll be his own fault - the position is currently his to lose.

Unlucky for him that when Zirkee came on he came off. He needs a central presence to play of and we will see him at his best. Hopefully he gets a run off games though as it’s a confidence issue too. Even if he doesn’t start them all he needs to know he can be trusted I feel.

This.
We're better off playing 2 runners in Rashford and Garnacho if Bruno starts as a false 9.

Whoever brings the most end product should start. Simple. We need goals.
Not sure it is that simple.
For example, Garnacho had a meh game against Fulham and made some bad mistakes, giving the ball away at the wrong time, leading to dangerous counterattacks. Thankfully we managed to defend well but better teams might punish us for it.
Missing that absolute sitter towards the end could probably happen to anyone but it is not a good look of course.
Him getting the assist should not be the only thing considered when evaluating his performance imo.

Rashford and Bruno are also similar types of players, very direct, often goes for a more difficult route, often failing, but yeah their style often gets something out of a game. Having Marcus, Bruno and Garna on at the same time makes us dangerous but i think we lose some control, our attacks are often short. I think there is a balance to be found somewhere in the middle where we are dangerous but also not too kamikaze crazy.

Yeah, feels like Zirkzee and Amad could keep possession between the for days if needed. Both have that effortless control and composure on he ball.