Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Was good again, but still that final pass/decision making needs a bit of improvement. But he is ready for the season. With minutes under his belt he will be a useful player this season.

I
Rashford should be on the bench
I agree with you, but we both know that isn't happening for now, to accommodate better wingers stick him upfront until The main strikes are fit or up to speed.

I’d bet ETH starts him against Fulham anyway. Hopefully he can get something. The ideal for me is Garnacho and Amad keeping Rashford out of the team until he starts doing the basics consistently

No no no...

We need a happy firing Marcus Rashford, he needs game time and a run in the side before we consider dropping him. He got two good chances today, if one of those goes in her could be back up and running.

The second was bobbling awful before he hit on to his post, he could have maybe taken a touch but against City its fine margins, you have to take the chances quick.

Really started to get into the game as it went on. Surprised he was subbed to be honest, thought he played well.

We actually have a lot of competition for places in the wide areas this season and I think there's going to be a lot of frustration with fans preferring certain players over others. Garnacho and Amad are the ones people want to see starting judging by comments, and Antony, Rashford, Mount not so much. Might even still have Sancho at the end of this window.

Issue is in his head I think EtH sees Rashford as a senior experienced game changer so the inclination is to leave him on and take the "inexperienced" ones of when trying to impact a game.
At some point it should become obvious that the so called inexperienced are a lot more composed!

Issue is in his head I think EtH sees Rashford as a senior experienced game changer so the inclination is to leave him on and take the "inexperienced" ones of when trying to impact a game.
At some point it should become obvious that the so called inexperienced are a lot more composed!
Seeing as Amad wasted a great opportunity in the five yrd box today, I don’t think it’s so obvious.

Amad was a bit invisible the first 20 mins, as was Marcus, but both were disciplined and got stuck in defensively. Then Amad was really good the rest of first half, despite the wasted chance. Then Marcus were a lot more central in second half, despite his wasted chance. Garnacho got a shot on the right, scored a goal from the right, so you’d have to say the decision paid off this time.

For me, I see a positive in that our winger positions look already much better than last season. There is competition, they are creating chances, we have impact subs. Looking up

Struck me that him being subbed was a good sign. Community shield is effectively just a friendly anyway. Preserving him for the first game of the season where I expect him to start. Garnacho is only just back in training and think he’ll be most effective the first few weeks as an impact sub. If anyone is getting left out for Garnacho, it’s more likely to be Rashford.

Very encouraging today even though it has to be noted that he is running on the mostly-unknown-bonus. If he plays regularly (and I hope he does) opponents will figure out, how to frustrate him and make him less efficient. But this is the type of player we need - footballers who are comfortable with the ball at their feet and intelligent in their movement. Right now, we have two of them in the team, both are teenagers. Lets hope we add to that group - as pressing becomes the default we need that ability in the team.

Elegant and intelligent footballer. Amad's quick thinking and dribbling will be vital in tight games that needs unlocking. Love players who aren't all about pace.. his level of craft is what we all want to see. His confidence grew as the game vs city wore on. More to come from him. Keep it going

Reactions: Cheimoon
Brilliant. He has the right idea for the it’s to Mount but was a step too slow for the only pass Amad could make. I’m not sure if had a good look for the shot. When I get around to player ratings I’m giving Amad an 8.

Very encouraging today even though it has to be noted that he is running on the mostly-unknown-bonus. If he plays regularly (and I hope he does) opponents will figure out, how to frustrate him and make him less efficient. But this is the type of player we need - footballers who are comfortable with the ball at their feet and intelligent in their movement. Right now, we have two of them in the team, both are teenagers. Lets hope we add to that group - as pressing becomes the default we need that ability in the team.

I'm not so sure about that. His low centre of gravity and quick turns make him a handful, and his first touch is great and he has hardly any technical limitations. His pass selection is improving, he has a great shot on him but decision making there is also something to improve. He's got the makings of an incredibly good player. The main challenge is staying injury free. The way he's playing I consider him undroppable.

I have this horrible feeling that come Friday he’ll be on the bench and it’ll be Rashford & Garnacho starting.

I really hope I’m wrong and ETH gives him a fair chance to claim his spot when the proper games start. He’s just such a joy to watch. Him & Garnacho on opposite wings could be fun.

I have this horrible feeling that come Friday he’ll be on the bench and it’ll be Rashford & Garnacho starting.

I really hope I’m wrong and ETH gives him a fair chance to claim his spot when the proper games start. He’s just such a joy to watch. Him & Garnacho on opposite wings could be fun.

What could also happen is he starts 1 game and doesn't set the world alight, and he's back on the bench for the forseeable.

He's got the talent to be one of our best players I'm sure he just needs a run of starts, but he doesn't have the seniority or reputation to get the benefit of the doubt like other players do.

Brilliant. He has the right idea for the it’s to Mount but was a step too slow for the only pass Amad could make. I’m not sure if had a good look for the shot. When I get around to player ratings I’m giving Amad an 8.

I picked him as my MOTM despite Bruno and Casemiro having really good games. The first 20-25 mins were miserable, standard City - United stuff and he was the one that got us going.

I feel that way too. I really want Garnacho LW and Amad RW with Rashford being forced to fight for his spot but it seems like Ten Hag appreciates all the conditioning / fitness work Rashford put in. I don't mind this a huge amount. On a different day, Rashford would've had a brace and we'd be singing his praises but Amad and Garnacho earned their spots so it'll be a bit unfair to drop one of them.

Good players will need to have more than one weapon in their arsenal to be effective against top level FBs, dribbling, passing, crossing, link-up play, shooting, speed, strength, etc, obviously Amad is not strong in all of them but from what I observe, his technical ability on the ball coupled with his excellent link up play and accurate shooting makes him very difficult to handle, the hope is he hones his current strengths and improves on the areas he is weak at.

Yeah I don't know how much of it was a case of saving him for Friday vs Ten Hag still making up his mind about who goes on the RW. It felt more like the latter despite the game he was having.
Yea EtH has this weird loyalty to Rashford and at times to Garnacho last season, that is not based on performances. As long as they scored or got a standard assist, they were booked in for the next 10+ games regardless of whether their actual overall performance was detrimental to our attack. One would hope that having an attacker that brings both good performance and end product in Amad will bring a stop it. But it's clear from yesterday's game that he is still going with it. I fully expect Rashford and Garnacho to start against Fulham now, Amad will be lucky to get 15 minutes.

He should've taken on that chance in the first half instead of squaring to Mount but other than that, he was very good again. I'd honestly be starting him and Garnacho against Fulham if it were up to me. Rashford hasn't done enough to justify his place.

He should've taken on that chance in the first half instead of squaring to Mount but other than that, he was very good again. I'd honestly be starting him and Garnacho against Fulham if it were up to me. Rashford hasn't done enough to justify his place.
I think yesterday he should have shot but on every occasion we have a proper striker on the pitch, I'd prefer him to do what he did and the striker gets a tap in. Most of our other attacking players have a tendency to prefer the shot over assisting so it's nice to have someone who does the opposite to mix things up.

Thought he played really well yesterday and that his style of play suits our other attackers and midfelders

Always looks to pass and move, knows when to release the ball early

Think he could be a good foil to Bruno who is a wizard at quick first time passes but is susceptible to losing the ball due to his weaker dribbling ability, when he’s the only playmaker and gets crowded out.

Having Amad as an additional creative outlet to Bruno will also bring the best out of Hojlund, Mainoo, Garnacho, even Rashford - all of whom I think look to play 1 and 2 touch in attack.

Pleased with what he showed yesterday. I want him to make it here and hopefully this is his season to establish himself. Hopefully is given a run of games to do just that.

I'm not so sure about that. His low centre of gravity and quick turns make him a handful, and his first touch is great and he has hardly any technical limitations. His pass selection is improving, he has a great shot on him but decision making there is also something to improve. He's got the makings of an incredibly good player. The main challenge is staying injury free. The way he's playing I consider him undroppable.
Similar things have been said about Greenwood not so long ago. He was on fire while he was an unknown entity and suffered badly in his 2nd year, when opponents had a plan against him. The same will happen with Amad and against a smaller player, I am pretty sure the attempt will be to rough him up. Granted his technical abilities look really good and I want us to play him but manage expectations.
Good players will need to have more than one weapon in their arsenal to be effective against top level FBs, dribbling, passing, crossing, link-up play, shooting, speed, strength, etc, obviously Amad is not strong in all of them but from what I observe, his technical ability on the ball coupled with his excellent link up play and accurate shooting makes him very difficult to handle, the hope is he hones his current strengths and improves on the areas he is weak at.
Yes I agree. The best players are the ones, that are capable to re-invent themselves time and time again. Amad abilities look fantastic but lets see where the journey goes when opposition teams are equipped with plans based on actual observations of the player. There are often players who start well but fade away because their initial bonus is gone, it would be quite suprising if that effect wouldn't play a role with Amad as well.

His technical abilities and football IQ seems very good so I think he definitely has the tools to succeed but lets see where we end up

So basically, the new season, same as the old season.

Similar things have been said about Greenwood not so long ago. He was on fire while he was an unknown entity and suffered badly in his 2nd year, when opponents had a plan against him. The same will happen with Amad and against a smaller player, I am pretty sure the attempt will be to rough him up. Granted his technical abilities look really good and I want us to play him but manage expectations.

Yes I agree. The best players are the ones, that are capable to re-invent themselves time and time again. Amad abilities look fantastic but lets see where the journey goes when opposition teams are equipped with plans based on actual observations of the player. There are often players who start well but fade away because their initial bonus is gone, it would be quite suprising if that effect wouldn't play a role with Amad as well.

His technical abilities and football IQ seems very good so I think he definitely has the tools to succeed but lets see where we end up

You are forgetting that he spent a season at Sunderland in the Championship -- when he just turned 20.

You are forgetting that he spent a season at Sunderland in the Championship -- when he just turned 20.
No I am not forgetting it. I am aware that Amad held his own in several environments. But he was somewhat of an unknown entity everywhere. Exactly what he is in the PL now. This is not critique towards him, just an observation. And the more positive moments he will have with us, the more opposition teams will prepare to reduce his effects, which will have consequences on him.

I think in general Ten Hag doesn't immediately bench a starter or player who is seen as one of the "top players. Instead gives them chances to succeed/fail so that when they do get dropped there is no excuse about not being given a chance. For all of Sancho's moaning he was given multiple opportunities to take a spot and didn't really do much. If you compare him to Amad for example, Amad has done more already in his few appearances at the end of last season and over pre season than Sancho has done. So I can see Rashford potentially starting the season and then after a month being dropped for Garnacho to play on the left. Either way if Rashford steps up then we have a huge asset for the season, if he doesn't then Garnacho probably takes his spot on the left and as long as he and Amad perform well then then it will probably be the final nail in the coffin for Rashford. He will then have a choice to make on whether he stays as a squad player or leaves to be the main man somewhere else.
Having a Rashford to come off the bench is still a very good option though.

I’ve just reviewed the video again. The pass to Mount was on but it was pushed too far ahead and the great chance wasted. It would have been a tap in for a gloriously well worked team goal starting with a nice by Amad and a smart needle threading pass by Casemiro.

Thought he played really well yesterday and that his style of play suits our other attackers and midfelders

Always looks to pass and move, knows when to release the ball early

Think he could be a good foil to Bruno who is a wizard at quick first time passes but is susceptible to losing the ball due to his weaker dribbling ability, when he’s the only playmaker and gets crowded out.

Having Amad as an additional creative outlet to Bruno will also bring the best out of Hojlund, Mainoo, Garnacho, even Rashford - all of whom I think look to play 1 and 2 touch in attack.
He looks like what we thought Sancho would be.

Agree 100% with the bolded, he has the basis to become world class, it's up to him to actually become WC.

Shocked people aren't picking him in their XI for Fulham. Had a strong finish to the season last year and has been our best player during pre-season. Most of the good play we've seen has come through him.

I've always been cautious with him and felt people were going overboard based on a few good sporadic moments, but he's consistently shown a high level of play now and deserves a prolonged chance in the team.

What's more, he offers something our other wingers don't. He takes the ball under pressure, between the lines and makes sharp, smart decisions. Something that we desperately need playing in transition.

I bloody hope he starts for us as I've banked on him in my friends fantasy draft.
I imagine Garnacho left, Amad right for now with Rashford in middle until Zirkzee outs him.

Shocked people aren't picking him in their XI for Fulham. Had a strong finish to the season last year and has been our best player during pre-season. Most of the good play we've seen has come through him.

I've always been cautious with him and felt people were going overboard based on a few good sporadic moments, but he's consistently shown a high level of play now and deserves a prolonged chance in the team.

What's more, he offers something our other wingers don't. He takes the ball under pressure, between the lines and makes sharp, smart decisions. Something that we desperately need playing in transition.
I agree. I think Amad should start as RW, Rashford as LW and Garnacho coming on for Amad when the opponent starts to get tired and to destroy them with his pace.

Man Utd 1:0 Fulham New
Wasn't good today. Needs to do better if he wants to make it here

Not good but I thought he was ok. Had that one careless moment where he gave the ball away in a dangerous position but main issue was that we didn't get the ball to him enough.

He’ll be absolutely fine. The talent is always clear when you see him. Judge him when he’s been given the chances Antony and Sancho have and I’m 100% sure you’ll see a far superior player. Just really hope he’s given the patience they were given by the manager.

Didn’t take his chance today. Garnacho didn’t do much better so may get another go next week

Terrible, I thought. I can't say if he just too physically weak, or simply exaggerates contacts. But he needs to get it sorted out.