2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Inappropriate Behavior
Can we stop talking about Greenwood in United threads? He hadn’t played for United for 2 years. The scumbag is long gone now so no need to talk about him in United circles anymore

What? This is a thread about Amad, comparing him to previous players in his position is normal. Last I checked we weren’t in North Korea. Besides, this is about playing styles and it seems like you are dragging the conversation down to areas we don’t want to go to.

Right wing and can play centrally. - Play centrally in totally different positions. Also neither player has proved they can to either consistently.
Can go inside and outside. I.e most good modern wide forwards.
Deceptively quick. What does this even mean? Neither is Theo Walcott but both are good players who are quite nippy so can use their pace well enough.
Surprisingly hard shot. What's surprising about it?

None of these make any sense.

Greenwood and Amad are not particularly similar players.

Not all wingers can go inside and outside. See: Antony, Rashford (and to a lesser extent Garnacho). Hence my excitement at seeing one that can again.

Deceptively quick = he’s faster than he looks.

Surprisingly hard shot = he is not a particularly powerful player, and can kick the ball really hard without having a big run up / preparation.

From my point of view, it’s the closest comparison in recent times. Again, I’m taking about United players, not (where did this come from?) Theo Walcott.

What? This is a thread about Amad, comparing him to previous players in his position is normal. Last I checked we weren’t in North Korea. Besides, this is about playing styles and it seems like you are dragging the conversation down to areas we don’t want to go to.

Not all wingers can go inside and outside. See: Antony, Rashford (and to a lesser extent Garnacho). Hence my excitement at seeing one that can again.

Deceptively quick = he’s faster than he looks.

Surprisingly hard shot = he is not a particularly powerful player, and can kick the ball really hard without having a big run up / preparation.

From my point of view, it’s the closest comparison in recent times. Again, I’m taking about United players, not (where did this come from?) Theo Walcott.
If you don’t like it find somewhere more suitable to your tastes

This thread is about amad. There is no room for Greenwood talk in the United forums anymore.

If you don’t like it find somewhere more suitable to your tastes

This thread is about amad. There is no room for Greenwood talk in the United forums anymore.

Excuse me, but this is a Man United forum for Man United conversation. If you don’t like mentions of players because of something they might have done, maybe it’s not me who needs to find somewhere else (whether you are staff or not).

Amad plays in the same position as Greenwood did. Why are you trying to drag that topic up at any opportunity? As a word of warning, this forum contains regular mentions of Greenwood, Giggs, Evans, Gazza, Ronaldo etc.

Thanks for derailing the thread and the conversation.

Anyone who unironically says "last I checked we weren't in North Korea" is having an absolute mare.

On topic, I reiterate that for me the best comp is Silva. Not a speedster, a technician with lovely dribbling, an accurate shot, just a generally tricky and annoying player for fullbacks.

He's absolutely nailed on as part of a front 3 for me, he's a delight to watch play and that's what I want in a United winger.

Last edited:
Excuse me, but this is a Man United forum for Man United conversation. If you don’t like mentions of players because of something they might have done, maybe it’s not me who needs to find somewhere else (whether you are staff or not).

Amad plays in the same position as Greenwood did. Why are you trying to drag that topic up at any opportunity? As a word of warning, this forum contains regular mentions of Greenwood, Giggs, Evans, Gazza, Ronaldo etc.

Thanks for derailing the thread and the conversation.
This is a private forum so take heed of the request (or not). I would suggest you do not suggest that staff leave the board that they look after everyday.

Ps Evans case was proven to be lies

I guess they have similar height, fairly quick, good technical ability and also both players like to cut inside and get a shot off. Maybe Nani is a better dribbler 1 on 1? What do you think?

I haven't seen enough of Amad admittedly.
Nani was was two footed but better with his right.
Nani was more of a winger and more likely to go to the byline and put a cross in and provided plenty of assists to Rooney when Nani was playing well but he could cut in and had power in either foot.
Amad is not as explosive but still great technically and predominantly left footed.
He values possession and looks like he could play centrally in the future and looks like he can pick a pass.

Nani was was two footed but better with his right.
Nani was more of a winger and more likely to go to the byline and put a cross in and provided plenty of assists to Rooney when Nani was playing well but he could cut in and had power in either foot.
Amad is not as explosive but still great technically and predominantly left footed.
He values possession and looks like he could play centrally in the future and looks like he can pick a pass.
True. Amad actually started as a 10, Nani is a pure breed winger. Nani is more direct, Amad prefers passing to taking on.

If he's our starting RW this season I'm tipping him for 12-15 goals.

If he's our starting RW this season I'm tipping him for 12-15 goals.
I think he’ll rack up a few assist aswell. He’s the creative winger we’ve been lacking. Very unselfish player.

I really hope this is his breakout year. Been watching him closely this pre season and he’s certainly in a good bit of form.

Think that RW spot is his for the foreseeable, he's been our most dangerous player in pre-season and carried it on into tough opposition today.

Think that RW spot is his for the foreseeable, he's been our most dangerous player in pre-season and carried it on into tough opposition today.
Between him and Garnacho. Rashford will have his say on the left and I'd imagine those 3 will swap the wings quite often. Hell, with this system we might see Hojlund be that wide left threat in behind and Zirkzee going ahead of Mount today.

Just has to start the season. Ideally I’d go Garnacho and Amad but I think Rashford still starts on the left.

Promising performance. Looked a threat. Perhaps could have done better with his attempted pass to Mount for a tap-in.

In my FPL team I think, he's first choice for us, for sure. Expecting a big season.

He is a catalyst for sure. Most of the chances look like they will come from him or Bruno.

Just hope the desire to get Rashford back to his best doesn’t take priority over playing the best players on form.

It feels like something will happen when he gets the ball in the final third.

Very frustrating he could have had 6 months premier league experience last season if Ten Hag didn't inexplicably sit him on the bench to play poor players in front of him.

To add what makes him so effective is the change of pace, he's got great close control and can also go on the outside.

He is the absolution of Anthony's omission as a first team player.

I thought the club's notion that he was prioritized over the perseverance to go after Olise was ridiculous at first but I think on the balance of what Amad has shown, if he's given consistent game-time I can see having a breakthrough season with possibly 10G/10A in the league.

Until the forwards are up to scratch with fitness I would play:

Amad - Mainoo - Garnacho

All three players can skin a defender in isolation and in the example of Mainoo / Amad they can play one touch comfortably in the tighter spaces.

Against City it wasn't really Bruno playing hollywood passes that propelled moving the ball forward, it was the intricate passes with the players moving into open spaces.

Hopefully this is something the team can build on because Amad in such a system is a disaster for the opposition to defend against.

Last edited:
Going to get plenty of game time this season, bu too early to say he will be a key starter.

Would assume bench next week with Garnacho and Rash on the wings, not the fair choice based on form but Rash will get a run to see where he is.

Just has to start the season. Ideally I’d go Garnacho and Amad but I think Rashford still starts on the left.
Either way, you want to have 3 top wingers to choose from. They push each other on, there is always 1 to come on and change the game and bring something different, you are always covered for injuries... It's the position where I always think you will rotate more than elsewhere throughout games as it naturally brings the most inconsistency, being the difference maker on the wing. Between Rashford, Amad and Garnacho, I'm expecting a lot from our wide players.

Should start against Fulham

I love the way he glides past players with ease. There was a concern when he first signed that he might not have the physicality to compete in the PL but he's put those concerns to bed now.

Some argued he lacks pace? Looked rapid over distance today and obviously has that burst in tight spaces and extremely low centre of gravity. Exciting player!

Exciting with the ball yes but his game still needs work.Not nailed on starter just yet.

He was our best attacker and arguably had the second best performance after Casemiro. Subbing him before Rashford was terrible.

Yeah I don't know how much of it was a case of saving him for Friday vs Ten Hag still making up his mind about who goes on the RW. It felt more like the latter despite the game he was having.

Excited when he gets the ball. Seemed like it clicked with our players to get him the ball after 20 minutes

He can glue it like Mainoo, and he always looking eager to play.

Almost antithesis for shockingly bland Sancho & Anto.

Whenever he got the ball today I honestly had some optimism that he might be able to make something happen, if we had a striker in the side I think they'd have been on the end of the cross he played into Mount.

Hopefully he gets the nod against Fulham.

Either way, you want to have 3 top wingers to choose from. They push each other on, there is always 1 to come on and change the game and bring something different, you are always covered for injuries... It's the position where I always think you will rotate more than elsewhere throughout games as it naturally brings the most inconsistency, being the difference maker on the wing. Between Rashford, Amad and Garnacho, I'm expecting a lot from our wide players.
I agree and that’s fine with me, so long as Amad gets serious minutes. Last season Garnacho had patches where he was in poor form from clear overplaying and Rashford just wasn’t at the level required, but Amad still wasn’t getting significant look in (January onward). Hopefully this preseason has changed that.

Most of our best attacks he was heavily involved.
He has a great appreciation of what the best pass is.
Hopefully ETH subbed him to keep him fresh for Friday. He is the sort of player that can really glue a competent attack together and I hope he gets a decent run of games at the start of the season.

Yeah, but Rashford and Garnacho will
Rashford should be played through the middle, let's hope that is the case, Amad and Garnacho flanking him, with Bruno behind should create something for him.