Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Right wing and can play centrally.
Can go inside and outside.
Deceptively quick.
Surprisingly hard shot.

Which of them don’t you think has any of those?
That's any decent right sided forward these days, no?

Amad's more of a carrier and a tricky dribbler with a low centre of gravity and looks to create just as much as he looks to score, if not more, hence, why he's considered a very viable option at number 10.
Mason is more of a goal scorer. Not to say he can't carry or dribble, but his main attribute that carried through into men's football was that quick shift either side and being lethal with both feet in front of goal, which is why he was seen by many as a future number 9.

He has more talent than just a winger. He should play as AM.

Amad's more of a carrier and a tricky dribbler with a low centre of gravity and looks to create just as much as he looks to score, if not more, hence, why he's considered a very viable option at number 10.
Mason is more of a goal scorer. Not to say he can't carry or dribble, but his main attribute that carried through into men's football was that quick shift either side and being lethal with both feet in front of goal, which is why he was seen by many as a future number 9.
No, it isn’t. Even your second paragraph is basically disagreeing with yourself.

No, it isn’t. Even your second paragraph is basically disagreeing with yourself.
Your points are quite generic and will apply to any good right wing forward. Saka, Salah, whoever folks rate in that position would have those attributes. I went into more detail with the nuances you can have

The more technically refined and intelligent the team becomes, the more players like Amad will thrive. Deceptively quick, velvet of a first touch, clever off the ball movement, good dribbler, and has a range of finishing (check out his goals for Sunderland). I wonder if he will take on the set pieces duty in team as I believe his technical abilities could lead to a few freekicks flying in.. needs to demand the ball off Bruno.

The big question was always his mentality and building the confidence to consolidate his quality but he has shown robustness thus far. A lot more work to do but Amad's on track

Reactions: Cheimoon
Your points are quite generic and will apply to any good right wing forward. Saka, Salah, whoever folks rate in that position would have those attributes. I went into more detail with the nuances you can have

They have never played for United, let alone just left. Amad is nothing like Antony, Sancho, Garnacho or Dan James.

If you insist on stretching it to other clubs, he’s also nothing like Salah, Silva, Bowen, Almiron, Palmer etc. other than being a right winger.

I'm not that superstitious but I can't beat the thought that number might be cursed. He should wait and see what happens to #10 or #8 in a season or two, Carrick's old number isn't too bad after all.

I’m a 1-11 sort of guy and not the biggest fan of all of these high number regulars, for as much as it matters. Yoro should have taken the #4 too, and Dalot should take the #2 if Lindelof goes.

I can see 10 work for Amad, but wouldn’t want to see him get the 8. That should be Mainoo if it comes available next year.

No it's not. You points are quite generic

They have never played for United, let alone just left. Amad is nothing like Antony, Sancho, Garnacho or Dan James.

If you insist on stretching it to other clubs, he’s also nothing like Salah, Silva, Bowen, Almiron, Palmer etc. other than being a right winger.
You mentioned that Amad is similar in style to Greenwood, and I'm saying he's clearly not. The points you made (can play centrally, go either side, deceptively quick, strong shot) are attributes most right sided forwards who people rate have in their locker. It doesn't mean they all have similar styles. Amad's style is closer to some of the names you mention than Greenwood and I've mentioned exactly how in a subsequent post which I'll requote for your benefit. Not sure what the club has to do with it (Antony, Sancho, Dan James are not right sided forwards that people rate).

Last edited:
You mentioned that Amad is similar in style to Greenwood, and he's clearly not. He is a lot closer to Saka/Salah than Greenwood.
Actually his style is very similar to Silva at City

I’d say he’s closer to Silva than anyone els.

You mentioned that Amad is similar in style to Greenwood, and I'm saying he's clearly not. The points you made (can play centrally, go either side, deceptively quick, strong shot) are attributes most right sided forwards who people rate have in their locker. It doesn't mean they all have similar styles. Amad's style is closer to some of the names you mention than Greenwood and I've mentioned exactly how in a subsequent post which I'll requote for your benefit. Not sure what the club has to do with it (Antony, Sancho, Dan James are not right sided forwards that people rate).

Because we’re on a United forum, he’s a United player and, perhaps a bit indirectly, is replacing Greenwood. It is the type of player we have been missing and in my opinion, there are similarities between the two.

If you think they are polar opposites that’s fine; people are free to see things differently.

You mentioned that Amad is similar in style to Greenwood, and I'm saying he's clearly not. The points you made (can play centrally, go either side, deceptively quick, strong shot) are attributes most right sided forwards who people rate have in their locker. It doesn't mean they all have similar styles. Amad's style is closer to a lot of the names you mention than Greenwood and I've mentioned exactly how in a subsequent post which I'll requote for your benefit. Not sure what the club has to do with it.

Actually his style is very similar to Silva at City

I’d say he’s closer to Silva than anyone els.

There's going to be some similarities with every player who's left footed and plays on the right wing.

To me, the closest may be Saka. Short and not particularly strong physically, good acceleration without particularly rapid over longer distances, low centre of gravity, primarily just left-footed but still can be effective beating the full back down the outside, likes to cut in and shoot, likes intricate inter-play and 1-2s when he cuts in.

Salah, the key differences are Salah is more of a sprinter or at least he was in his prime, physically strong and an elite goal poacher.

Greenwood is taller, two-footed, and primarily a goalscorer rather than a team player, has played as a centre forward.

Bernardo Silva I can see some similarities but Silva's dribbling style of ridiculous close control seems fairly unique to me, I don't associate the 1v1 cut in and shoot move with Silva as much as I do with Saka/Amad, he's also less reliant on pace than the typical wide player.

What I've always liked about him is he has a knack for making good runs in behind. Salah has been one of the best at that from that right wing forward position.
Let's hope he keeps up the preseason form.

He’s one of those players for whom football just seems to come naturally. If he can deal with the physical and fitness side, and constantly works to improve himself, he can go right to the top.

He's definitely a wide playmaker rather than a winger, he is very good at slowing the game down to pass it inside and still finding a way to progress the ball.

We have been desperate for this kind of player with the likes of Rashford, Hojlund, Bruno, Garnacho around the front 3. DESPERATE. Even Antony, as shit as he is, was adding another dimension to our game as his crab-style dribbling was actually quite effective in progressing the ball.

If he is successful there, it will raise questions if there's still a place for #10 in the team. I think we'll be moving more towards balanced 3 man midfield rather than 2+1 kind of setup.

I haven't seen that much of him really, ro s anyone get Nani vibes though? That was my first thought in terms of comparisons.

I haven't seen that much of him really, ro s anyone get Nani vibes though? That was my first thought in terms of comparisons.
A few people have said that, I don't see it all though

I’m a 1-11 sort of guy and not the biggest fan of all of these high number regulars, for as much as it matters. Yoro should have taken the #4 too, and Dalot should take the #2 if Lindelof goes.

I can see 10 work for Amad, but wouldn’t want to see him get the 8. That should be Mainoo if it comes available next year.
I get you. I'm also generally 1-11 but I support the odd high number for a baller that makes it their own. I'd be happy either way for 10 or 8 on Amad and Mainoo, as I think 10 has a very maverick potential for the latter where he could channel his inner Zidane.

If you have not seen him then why would that be your first thought?
He is nothing like him.

If you have not seen him then why would that be your first thought?
He is nothing like him.

I didn't say I hadn't seen him though did I? Strange response, I guess you misread.

I didn't say I hadn't seen him though did I? Strange response, I guess you misread.
You said you hadn't seen much of him.
Out of curiosity...in what you did see of him, what drew the comparison of Nani apart from playing on the wing?

He looks a lot stronger and physical this pre-season which I’m guessing is a demand ETH had for him to get regular minutes. I think he definitely deserves to start the season as number one right attacker

needs to dye his hair before he’s considered ahead of antony.

Isn't he a bit like Hakim Ziyech? Would explain why ETH started to like him.

Because we’re on a United forum, he’s a United player and, perhaps a bit indirectly, is replacing Greenwood. It is the type of player we have been missing and in my opinion, there are similarities between the two.

If you think they are polar opposites that’s fine; people are free to see things differently.
Can we stop talking about Greenwood in United threads? He hadn’t played for United for 2 years. The scumbag is long gone now so no need to talk about him in United circles anymore

Can we stop talking about Greenwood in United threads? He hadn’t played for United for 2 years. The scumbag is long gone now so no need to talk about him in United circles anymore
I'm not one of those referencing him, but I think that's a disingenuous way to try and ban talk of him. There's many, many former / retired players, who've never played for United for many years, and yet whose names naturally pop up in plenty of conversations on United threads.

You can make Greenwood an exception, whose name isn't 'allowed' to be included in United conversation, but it seems disingenuous to say there's 'no need' for him to be referenced, as if he's the only ex-United player to get talked about - when in fact what you're actually saying is that he should be the only ex-player 'not allowed' to be mentioned while so many others are.

Last edited:
You said you hadn't seen much of him.
Out of curiosity...in what you did see of him, what drew the comparison of Nani apart from playing on the wing?

I guess they have similar height, fairly quick, good technical ability and also both players like to cut inside and get a shot off. Maybe Nani is a better dribbler 1 on 1? What do you think?

I haven't seen enough of Amad admittedly.

I'm not one of those referencing him, but there's many, many former / retired players, who've never played for United for many years, whose names naturally pop up in plenty of conversations on United threads.

You can make Greenwood an exception, whose name isn't 'allowed' to be included in United conversation, but it seems disingenuous to say there's 'no need' for him to be referenced as if he's the only ex-United player to get mentioned - when in fact what you're actually saying is that he should be the only ex-player 'not allowed' to be referenced.
Apart from being a scumbag, I don’t think he’s relevant anymore to the discussions. But yes, this place would be a lot calmer if we just put his name on the banned list from a United point of view. If people want to discuss his performance as a footballer they can do so in the greenwood thread (football forum)

Right wing and can play centrally.
Can go inside and outside.
Deceptively quick.
Surprisingly hard shot.

Which of them don’t you think has any of those?

Right wing and can play centrally. - Play centrally in totally different positions. Also neither player has proved they can to either consistently.
Can go inside and outside. I.e most good modern wide forwards.
Deceptively quick. What does this even mean? Neither is Theo Walcott but both are good players who are quite nippy so can use their pace well enough.
Surprisingly hard shot. What's surprising about it?

None of these make any sense.

Greenwood and Amad are not particularly similar players.