Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
We had Amad in the squad and then spent around 160-170 million to address that position with Sancho and Antony. Yeah it's all hindsight but with bit of forward thinking, at least Antony could have been avoided.

Anyways good to see him doing so well. Absolutely fantastic footballer, players like him are joy to watch.

I don't have stats to back this up so could be way off, but it seems like wingers are so unreliable/dependent on pace that you'd be better off just spending huge on other positions and buying wingers for medium to low prices and accepting some churn at that position.

Great night for him. Banger of a goal, won a penalty (probably wouldn't be give in a Prem game but still did okay to get into the box), tracked back to stop a potential goal. Perraud couldn't handle him, and while that's not saying a ton, it was still a mismatch against a guy who ends up starting for a Ligue 1/La Liga/Prem team every year (admittedly on the strength of his crossing).

And Antony didn't play particularly well and came off early with what looked like a knock.

There’s a lot of revisionist stuff here, asking why did we sign Antony and Sancho when we had Amad?

The truth is Amad appears to have improved a lot in the last 6 months but he wasn’t in a position to deliver over the lat 2 years.

None of this is to defend Sancho or Antony but we did need to sign for the position.

He’s honestly been really good since he first kicked a ball for us. Was apparently THE talent in Italian football too. I think his path to the first team should have been earlier but we are here now. Let the Amad era commence!

It actually looks like he progressed the way we hoped for in since we got him.

That's the thing with young players though, you can see the flair and technical ability at very young age, even if the player doesn't make the best use out of it. At the age of 18-20 player hits his technical ceiling, as I always argued about Antony - it's unreasonable to expect him to grow a right foot or become good at passing the ball in any other way than poking it backward. Similar issues I see with Hojlund although to a much smaller degree.

He’s honestly been really good since he first kicked a ball for us. Was apparently THE talent in Italian football too. I think his path to the first team should have been earlier but we are here now. Let the Amad era commence!

Appears to me our plan for him has worked brilliantly for once, a couple of loans culminating in one that got him ready for first team football at Manchester United. Since he returned from Sunderland he’s been right in the picture but a few injuries delayed it somewhat.
Progressing great.

Finally one from our 200m RW spend comes through. Hope he stays fit and makes the spot his own. He is tremendously talented. Has the vision and the decision making of a top top player. Seems to have gotten a yard faster too.

If he stays fit and plays 40 games this season he would score 10+ goals and make 10+ assists.

Last edited:
About fecking time he’ll get his chances now. Can’t wait.

He is such a gem, we shall give him a chance to start for us, and we buy a RW cover instead (selling Antony and assuming Garnacho competes with Rashford on the left).

You buy enough right wingers (Di Maria, Amad, Sancho, Antony) eventually one of them has to work out, right?

Didn't stay up for the game but just saw the goals. That was some fecking hit. Probably the most talented RW we've had since Nani.

Seems to have an amazing attitude too.

Should have solidified RW as his heading into the season.

There’s a lot of revisionist stuff here, asking why did we sign Antony and Sancho when we had Amad?

The truth is Amad appears to have improved a lot in the last 6 months but he wasn’t in a position to deliver over the lat 2 years.

None of this is to defend Sancho or Antony but we did need to sign for the position.
He’s always had the ability, the question was whether he could perform on a bigger stage which he is demonstrating now that he can.

Turns out we had our RW all along and all he needed was a fair shot. Who woulda think it? Just makes the Antony deal that much worse. £86m down the drain.

Turns out we had our RW all along and all he needed was a fair shot. Who woulda think it? Just makes the Antony deal that much worse. £86m down the drain.
He went on loans twice. Excelled in his second and was injured for the first half of last season. The Antony deal was shocking, but Amad wasn’t ready at that time.

Appears to me our plan for him has worked brilliantly for once, a couple of loans culminating in one that got him ready for first team football at Manchester United. Since he returned from Sunderland he’s been right in the picture but a few injuries delayed it somewhat.
Progressing great.
I think he was really always this good. I remember when the rumours of him being a target first started and I watched him at Atalanta and he already looked amazing there. He was also great for us in his first season here when he played. The performances against AC Milan and Wolves stand out. Then all of a sudden, the chances just dried up. The Rangers loan did precisely nothing because they barely played him and the Championship was too easy for him. He was always a PL level player.

Seems to have an amazing attitude too.

Should have solidified RW as his heading into the season.
Knowing our rotten luck, he might get injured in the next friendly match and we'd spend another 100 millions for another right winger again.

Not that surprised that with some competent people coming above him, Ten Hag's been told to include Amad more.

At the end of last season, I really thought he was going.

I think he was really always this good. I remember when the rumours of him being a target first started and I watched him at Atalanta and he already looked amazing there. He was also great for us in his first season here when he played. The performances against AC Milan and Wolves stand out. Then all of a sudden, the chances just dried up. The Rangers loan did precisely nothing because they barely played him and the Championship was too easy for him. He was always a PL level player.

The Sunderland loan was the making of him. He didn’t get a lot of chances at Rovers but he didn’t excel when he did. He would have played a lot more PL football last season if he didn’t get a bad injury in pre-season.

He's a crack. In terms of talent, he's lightyears ahead of his competition. Didn't scouts say he was the second most talented player of his generation?

He's a crack. In terms of talent, he's lightyears ahead of his competition. Didn't scouts say he was the second most talented player of his generation?
I recall at the time -- some of the quotes that were coming out from the Atalanta boys at the time -- Papu Gomez basically called him the new Messi (understatement). He was then about to be fast-tracked to a senior loan to Parma the summer we signed him - similar to Kulusevski before that at Atalanta. Maguire and Shaw calling him the closest thing they'd seen to Mahrez that first season we signed him etc...

The only things that have kept him back so far are lack of game time and injuries.

Hopefully it’s his breakthrough season this year, which feels weird to say considering how long he’s been here.

He’s always had the ability, the question was whether he could perform on a bigger stage which he is demonstrating now that he can.
I think there was questions about his all round game, his ability to take part in a press, and maybe his decision making.

The time in the championship was obviously very good for him. What I struggle with is the suggestion, from some, that his talent alone was enough and we should have played Amad from August 2022 when we bought Antony. He wasn't ready then, we saw flashes last season but he's probably only really ready now, 2 years later.

His talent was always obvious.

I think this season he could hit double figures in goals and assists if he plays enough games.