Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Our starting RW easy! Can create and can score. Makes things happen. Can see him winning us a few penalty’s next season

He wasn’t ready for PL football when he signed, he needed those loans.

this is his year, can’t wait to see it
I'm not so sure. I think he could have got plenty of games as a backup player straight off the bat. Rangers didn't appreciate him and at Sunderland we saw what he was capable of doing all along. We now appear to be seeing the player he was all along, just a bit later than it could have been.

I've said it already but I don't think this is the year he nails down a starting spot for us I think it's the year he becomes a star for United.

Last edited:
Decent pre-season so far. He should be starting ahead of everyone else to prove once and for all if he can hack it.

I'm not so sure. I think he could have got plenty of games as a backup player straight off the bat. Rangers didn't appreciate him and at Sunderland we saw what he was capable of doing all along. We now appear to be seeing the player he was all along, just a bit later than it could have been.
He got some chances and clearly wasn’t ready. He needed those loans to learn about British football and to bring his game. I bet he even learned from his time at rangers. He’s now putting it all together.

Amad and Pellistri were clearly bought as punts for the future.

I'm not so sure. I think he could have got plenty of games as a backup player straight off the bat.

Not for me, when players are ready they prove it in training and simply cannot be ignored as so many fans like to claim.
Be it 15 yr old Yamal, or 17 year old Giggs, Greenwood, Mainoo etc.

If a player is standing out in training amongst first team peers, managers don’t simply ignore them because they “like someone else”.

Amad appears to have gotten exactly the loan he required, in a perfect league to prove himself and come back a “man” who is ready for top level football.

Last edited:
The Sunderland loan was the making of him. He didn’t get a lot of chances at Rovers but he didn’t excel when he did. He would have played a lot more PL football last season if he didn’t get a bad injury in pre-season.
I suppose you mean Rangers?
As I remember, he started well, very well actually, and had a tough time in the Old Firm Derby where Celtic completely outplayed Rangers and somehow, he seemed to take the blame from Van Bronckhorst, who almost completely ignored him from that point.

He has a sweet left foot, makes Antonys look like his right foot.

Really wish he was given a chance last season, hopefully this is his season, should be first choice RW with Garnacho.

Not for me, when players are ready they prove it in training and simply cannot be ignored as so many fans like to claim.
Be it 15 yr old Yamal, or 17 year old Giggs, Greenwood, Mainoo etc.

If a player is standing out in training amongst first team peers, managers don’t simply ignore them because they “like someone else”.

Amad appears to have gotten exactly the loan he required, in a perfect league to prove himself and come back a “man” who is ready for top level football.
Amad was standing out in the under 18's from the moment he signed. He scored against Milan in the Europa League in one of his first appearances for us. The Sunderland loan was great, but it didn't need to take that long. It's more by luck than design that we now consider him as important as we do. We were probably (stupidly) looking at selling him not so long ago.

Really hope it goes well with him this season. He's got tremendous potential.

Amad was standing out in the under 18's from the moment he signed. He scored against Milan in the Europa League in one of his first appearances for us. The Sunderland loan was great, but it didn't need to take that long. It's more by luck than design that we now consider him as important as we do. We were probably (stupidly) looking at selling him not so long ago.

So what, you really think he was looking incredible in training and one of the best players around all of his peers and yet we just decided we didn’t fancy him?
That makes no sense whatsoever on any planet.

That decision to play Forson over him looks idiotic at this point from ten Hag and those that defended the decision.

So what, you really think he was looking incredible in training and one of the best players around all of his peers and yet we just decided we didn’t fancy him?
That makes no sense whatsoever on any planet.
I think you're putting way too much faith in the previous regime. Even recently, ten Hag was playing Forson over him. Like, what the actual?

I think you're putting way too much faith in the previous regime. Even recently, ten Hag was playing Forson over him. Like, what the actual?

I think you’re making little sense in fairness, I thought Ole was shite, but pretending Amad looked this good in training as he does now and Ole just ignored defies logic.
As for Ten Hag, Amad was injured till xmas, and almost instantly starting getting opportunities, ultimately ending the season as a starter.
Forsen played a grand total of 68 PL minutes & in fairness to him had one assist.

I suppose you mean Rangers?
As I remember, he started well, very well actually, and had a tough time in the Old Firm Derby where Celtic completely outplayed Rangers and somehow, he seemed to take the blame from Van Bronckhorst, who almost completely ignored him from that point.

Yes, Rangers. The loan move didn't go well for him. Which was my point.

That decision to play Forson over him looks idiotic at this point from ten Hag and those that defended the decision.

Was ridiculous at the time and even more ridcuous now. It was to convince Forson to stay and then he ended up leaving anyway.

Yes, Rangers. The loan move didn't go well for him. Which was my point.
Fair, agreed on that. Just building on that by highlighting it was more to do with the manager's hang ups/preferences than Amad himself.

Wider point though, Amad was obviously talented, and probably could have been a bit useful for us even before his loans, but he's a much better player now for those experiences than he was then.

Fair, agreed on that. Just building on that by highlighting it was more to do with the manager's hang ups/preferences than Amad himself.

Wider point though, Amad was obviously talented, and probably could have been a bit useful for us even before his loans, but he's a much better player now for those experiences than he was then.

Yeah, fair. I'm using that same logic to convince myself that Zirkzee is a much better player than Wout Weghorst despite the latter being played ahead of him for the Netherlands!

Stay injury free and it's up to the rest to take his position on the RW.

Been impressed with him in every pre-season game so far.

With the current luck, I would say give him the weekend game off against Liverpool(?) and play him next in the Community Shield.

Last edited:
Was ridiculous at the time and even more ridcuous now. It was to convince Forson to stay and then he ended up leaving anyway.

Surely Forson leaving, if anything, endorses a decision from the manager to do his best to convince him to stay?

Likewise the fact that Amad didn't throw his toys out of the pram and went on to establish himself as a first team regular.

I think you’re making little sense in fairness, I thought Ole was shite, but pretending Amad looked this good in training as he does now and Ole just ignored defies logic.
As for Ten Hag, Amad was injured till xmas, and almost instantly starting getting opportunities, ultimately ending the season as a starter.
Forsen played a grand total of 68 PL minutes & in fairness to him had one assist.
Not necessarily this good, but of a level where he could have been used as depth/backup for the first team. Like a dual role between the academy and first team. Ten Hag was very reluctant to use Amad. It was clear that he wasn't trusted, nor in his plans really. It all changed towards the end of the season. It was like an epiphany for ten Hag. Even though many of us knew all along how good Amad was and were bemused at how he wasn't on the same pedestal as Højlund, Garnacho and Mainoo.

I questioned the merit of spending big on Sancho when we did when we already had Amad on Greenwood. I remember getting into many a debate. It was just poor squad planning. We were just assembling a collection of RWs aged between 18 and 21 and putting one on top of the other. I had originally wanted Sancho, but when we signed Amad, I was advocating for a more senior RW if anything, say around 27. That would have been perfect 3 or 4 years ago now, with Amad just now really ready to come into his own.

Signing Sancho suggested that we didn’t believe in Amad, who we had spent considerable money on as a young RW for the future. Common sense would have quickly told us that Amad, Greenwood and Sancho were not all going to be our future right winger, and they were all still young and developing themselves. We should have made a choice, and Greenwood and Amad were in the door first so that choice should have been easy.

He's a crack. In terms of talent, he's lightyears ahead of his competition. Didn't scouts say he was the second most talented player of his generation?
Think it was something like that. Thought our scouts were on crack when i read it. But they were probably right. He will have world class status pretty soon if he manages to keep going like this.
I think it also shows that our issue never was our scouts and the work they did, it has always been about the guys reading and trying to evaluate their reports. So happy they managed to make the right decision with this one.

A lot of things to like about him at the moment.
  • Holding onto the ball. For such a small build, he seems really easy on the eye to be shrugged off the ball, like Mata. However, he shields the ball similarly to Bernardo Silva. This is such an asset that we are missing, a player that can hold on to the ball upfront
  • Directness - he doesn't dwell on the ball, rather, likes to attack the player in front of him. Such a joy to see a player like that
  • Interplay - He seems to be able to pass it just to about any player on the field
  • Shooting - I actually like his Paul Scholes type of "put your foot thru it" when he is in the penalty box
  • Defensive work - He has made some strides here, quite a progress in this aspect of the game
What I hope will happen is that he will stay fit first and foremost, and that he will be given a chance as starter for 10 games in a row in the PL. No more of this 20 minutes here, and 30 minutes there.

He was showing some glimpses before, but he looks ready now. You can tell that a lot of work has been put behind the scenes and it's paying off now.

Reactions: Fortitude
Terrible call , I was at that game and was looking to see Amad start and be brings in Forson

He’s started pre season so well he’s destined to get injured in the next game

Sorry to be a twat but I'm calling it now:

He'll start against Fulham, play poorly, and then be relegated to the bench again for weeks on end.

Not necessarily this good, but of a level where he could have been used as depth/backup for the first team. Like a dual role between the academy and first team. Ten Hag was very reluctant to use Amad. It was clear that he wasn't trusted, nor in his plans really. It all changed towards the end of the season. It was like an epiphany for ten Hag. Even though many of us knew all along how good Amad was and were bemused at how he wasn't on the same pedestal as Højlund, Garnacho and Mainoo.

It all changed once Amad starting looking the part.