Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
It all changed once Amad starting looking the part.
There was no intent to coax any sort of performance out of Amad though. Even in the Liverpool FA Cup game where Amad got the winner, he was brought on for a token few minutes as it appeared we were heading out prior to Antony's late equaliser. Half jokingly, I bet ten Hag was a little concerned that Amad was going to have to play half an hour of extra time.

There should have been more faith shown in Amad because his talent has always been very obvious. However, we have seemingly lucked our way into realising that he is actually quite good.

Y’all are huffing fumes if you think Ten Hag is going to drop this guy and go with Antony once the season starts. The lad is legit, big season ahead for him.

Looks a yard quicker than before and his close control is excellent

Sorry to be a twat but I'm calling it now:

He'll start against Fulham, play poorly, and then be relegated to the bench again for weeks on end.
Nah, he has been fairly consistent in his performances. Was consistent for an entire season at Sunderland. He just doesn`t seem like a Martial or Rashford who were/are wildly inconsistent with their performances.

Y’all are huffing fumes if you think Ten Hag is going to drop this guy and go with Antony once the season starts. The lad is legit, big season ahead for him.

Not sure if Garnacho is back or not, but I do want to see Rashford - Zirkzee - Amad as the front 3. Rashford and Garnacho can battle it out for the LW position. Amad I hope would become mainstay.

Me too.

Unless of course you think he wouldn’t have loved this version of Amad in his team.
This version is improved, yes. But the version he got was even then far superior to what he had at his disposal, so I'm not even sure he would have played him as he seemed to prefer raw pace and power.

Nah, he has been fairly consistent in his performances. Was consistent for an entire season at Sunderland. He just doesn`t seem like a Martial or Rashford who were/are wildly inconsistent with their performances.
Any player can have a bad game though, and there is a lingering concern that he may not be given as much patience as the others. That said, EtH has shown he afford his preferred starters a fair bit of patience, so if he now views Amad as one of those, he may enjoy some of that patience that Antony and Rashford enjoyed himself

It all changed once Amad starting looking the part.
Not sure when exactly you felt he started looking the part but surely you'd agree he has comfortably looked better than Forson in every one of his performances.

Thus, the only reason I can fathom for Forson playing ahead of him was that he was being carefully managed due to the long injury lay off.

If it was about performance levels, it made little sense. If I remember correctly, Forson was chosen ahead of him even after his FA Cup heroics.

Anyways folks, the boy had a good game, EtH definitely favours him now, and I'm sure we're all excited to see what he can do for this new season. Here's to hoping he stays injury free

Aye, Ten Hag has dropped Antony for just about everyone at this point, it's definitely Amad's spot for the time being.

Baller.

Big season coming for him.

I just hope EtG does not go with his tried and tested method of

Hojlund
Rashford. Bruno. Garnacho

Amad needs to be given chance at RW and let Rashford and Garna battle it out on the LW, and I think it's ok for Amad to compete with Garna on the right as well but Amad is the more natural option of inside RW being left footed

Baller.

Big season coming for him.

I just hope EtG does not go with his tried and tested method of

Hojlund
Rashford. Bruno. Garnacho

Amad needs to be given chance at RW and let Rashford and Garna battle it out on the LW, and I think it's ok for Amad to compete with Garna on the right as well but Amad is the more natural option of inside RW being left footed

If Rashford isn't performing, he needs to be dropped. He's not a kid anymore. Likewise Antony.

Refreshing to see someone in our team who can keep the ball so well, the first touch and dribbling is pure class.

Let's not get super excited ..
He is doing good..
Let's see how he handles PL defenders

He’s doing great. He will def get a lot more game time this season and ahead of Antony.

But I’m not so sure if he’s ahead of Garnacho at RW just yet.

Garnacho is another great talent and has delivered for us. Good thing is we have Garnacho, Rashford and Amad for 2 wing positions (and the most in form 2 should play).

Not sure when exactly you felt he started looking the part but surely you'd agree he has comfortably looked better than Forson in every one of his performances.

Thus, the only reason I can fathom for Forson playing ahead of him was that he was being carefully managed due to the long injury lay off.

If it was about performance levels, it made little sense. If I remember correctly, Forson was chosen ahead of him even after his FA Cup heroics.

Once again, Forsen played a grand total of 68 Premier League minutes so the idea he was being given Amad’s game time is a bit of a daft one.

Amad had a tricky time with injury, then had a couple of inconsistent performances after getting a sniff at the first team. After the Liverpool game he’s been excellent pretty much every time he stepped on the pitch, ending the season as a deserved starter on his own merits.

Once again, Forsen played a grand total of 68 Premier League minutes so the idea he was being given Amad’s game time is a bit of a daft one.
1, 2, 3, 100 minutes, the point remains that during a certain period (it wasn't one game), he did get selected ahead of Amad though. Also, the Premier League wasn't the only competition we played in

1, 2, 3, 100 minutes, the point remains that during a certain period (it wasn't one game), he did get selected ahead of Amad though. Also, the Premier League wasn't the only competition we played in

Ok, after Amad’s long injury in the FA Cup vs. Newport, Forsen got 2 minutes.
In the next round, Amad got 17 minutes v Forest (a much stronger opponent).
Amad was picked ahead of him again vs Liverpool in the following round, and was brought on before him in the semi vs. Coventry.

Amad was first to be picked of the two in the league, playing 36 minutes vs Forest on 30th December. Forsen then got 4 minutes vs. Wolves on 1st Feb, being involved in Mainoo last ditch winner.

Then comes the only game where the claim can be made, after his assist he was awarded with a start vs. Fulham, which he flunked and since then Amad was once again preferred just as he was previously. If you wanna nitpick that Forsen was thrown into a derby shitshow we were getting battered in, for a massive 8 minutes I’ll give you two games.

Amad had a tricky time with injury, then had a couple of inconsistent performances after getting a sniff at the first team. After the Liverpool game he’s been excellent pretty much every time he stepped on the pitch, ending the season as a deserved starter on his own merits.

I had the misfortune of watching forsen play against Fulham, one of the worst players I have ever seen play for us, he was totally out of his depth. Felt sorry for him.

I had the misfortune of watching forsen play against Fulham, one of the worst players I have ever seen play for us, he was totally out of his depth. Felt sorry for him.

Aye, he got his one real chance and flunked it. After that he got very few token minutes, likely in an attempt to convince him to sign an extension rather than being completely binned after his flop versus Fulham.

Amad’s season had a very different trajectory, wasn’t great every time he got minutes for sure, but was a constant squad member once he returned from injury and some inconsistent flashes were always there. After the Liverpool game though his trajectory only went upwards, and he was taking every opportunity to impress with both hands.

Thankfully he’s continued that trajectory into pre-season. At 22 now he’s clearly ready.

Not for me, when players are ready they prove it in training and simply cannot be ignored as so many fans like to claim.
Be it 15 yr old Yamal, or 17 year old Giggs, Greenwood, Mainoo etc.

If a player is standing out in training amongst first team peers, managers don’t simply ignore them because they “like someone else”.

Amad appears to have gotten exactly the loan he required, in a perfect league to prove himself and come back a “man” who is ready for top level football.
No, it depends on whether the judgement of the said coach is not biased; it's entirely possible, though admittedly not factual, that coaches held him back in order to advance their own cases for desired signings - Ole pursued Sancho for two summers, having a young upcoming RW playing and displaying his potential within the squad would have seen his calls for a major signing in the role shut down. ETH overspent on Antony and whenever an argument about his stay here will be made this signing will always be a black mark on his record and simply wanted to give him as much a chance to be the player he thought he was buying as possible, and this will inevitably be at the expense of players like Amad.

What you say can't be discounted and the loan at Sunderland certainly benefited him, but this is a player who scored in Europe against AC Milan within months of arriving in English football. He never got a fair chance to build on his good moments, for example how he was inexplicably frozen out after scoring the winner against Liverpool. People will argue that he was suspended and all, but we all saw what happened and how it played out. The coach has admitted to himself that Antony is a sunk cost, and that Amad could or may have already saved his career here.

I don't have stats to back this up so could be way off, but it seems like wingers are so unreliable/dependent on pace that you'd be better off just spending huge on other positions and buying wingers for medium to low prices and accepting some churn at that position.

Yeah I think the best strategy is to look for those that tear up the championship or a lesser league and have the physical attributes to where you can get them for cheap (Summerville being the most recent example) without having to wait on a huge season in a top league to move for them and double their price tag.

I embarrassingly made the shout last summer than Antony would really come good last season now he had a sharp #9 making runs off the ball ahead of him in Hojlund. The idea being that Antony's one-footedness mostly limits him to cutting inside but that now he would have the option to follow that up with a little diagonal reverse through-ball. Even running horizontally across the front of a back four is dangerous if you have a strike making a perpendicular run; almost impossible for a CB to track you and both block the shot and the pass. The exemplar of this is what Messi and Iniesta and whatever forwards they were playing with used to do with each other at Barca. One dribbles inwards, with the possibility of a shot if given a window. One makes a run across this, providing the possibility of a little pass slipped behind the defender putting them clean through.

Lot of description for a pretty familiar but nonetheless effective combination in attack. Anyway, clearly I overrated Antony's ability to do basic things and now I can't post in that thread as the result of a bet (:lol:). But Amad was doing this all day against Betis. I hope he and Hojlund will have lots of opportunity to play together because they could really bring the best out of each other. It's so hard to defend against this if the dribbler is skilful and shoots dangerously from that position and the striker will try that movement tirelessly all day until it comes off. Which sounds like Amad and Hojlund to me.

Finally, a baller.

Been under our nose for years, just took us so long and a big slice of luck to stumble upon him.

Elanga scored a much better and more important goal vs. PSG… your point?
The point is he’s been showing quality in a Utd shirt since 2021? Solskjaer shafted him, Rangnick didn’t give him a sniff and Ten Hag has only just come to his senses.

Don’t think that’s true at all, we paid big money for this potential and sent him on loan to prepare him for this breakthrough.

He was injured yes, but when he was fit he was on the bench getting limited minutes.

We are lucky he scored the goal versus Liverpool as after that he got more chances from ETH.

The point is he’s been showing quality in a Utd shirt since 2021? Solskjaer shafted him, Rangnick didn’t give him a sniff and Ten Hag has only just come to his senses.

No, in 2021 the huge majority of fans thought he desperately needed a loan to prepare for top flight football, both physically and mentally. It’s all there in our past threads.

He was injured yes, but when he was fit he was on the bench getting limited minutes.

We are lucky he scored the goal versus Liverpool as after that he got more chances from ETH.

We weren’t “lucky”, that’s how Garnacho got his chance (and Rashford once upon a time), by earning it.

Prior to Liverpool Rashford and Garna actually had their only good run of form at the same time so minutes needed to be earned.

We weren’t “lucky”, that’s how Garnacho got his chance (and Rashford once upon a time), by earning it.

Prior to Liverpool Rashford and Garna actually had their only good run of form at the same time so minutes needed to be earned.

He earned it himself with skill and hard work and scoring the goals.
I mean the 'luck' was scoring in 121st minute to win the game after coming on as a late sub.

No, in 2021 the huge majority of fans thought he desperately needed a loan to prepare for top flight football, both physically and mentally. It’s all there in our past threads.
In those past threads you’ll find there’s a lot of complaining on why Dan James is getting all the game time over Amad, which was the case. He played 8 minutes of football after the Milan game, for 2 months until the end of the season, then he played in a May PL game involving the B team, where he got an assist.

I know it's not the done thing for many but dare I say that maybe ETH has handled Amad very well.

He always praised him and we fans were angry that despite praise Amad didn't se m to get the minutes we wanted to see him get.

He was injured last season and maybe just maybe ETH handled his injury and return to games/minutes brilliantly.