Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Nani's decision making always seemed to be better when he played on the right. He was capable of being equally brilliant on either side, but his consistency on the left was all over the place whereas on the right he seemed a lot more consistent. I don't think it's a coincidence that the only season we played him almost exclusively on that side he was the best player in the league and was the main man in us winning the PL.

One of the biggest mistakes that I do think SAF made in his time here was moving Nani back to the left to fit Valencia into the team. We really should have kept him on the right, and in hindsight the best move would have been to move Valencia back to fullback a couple of seasons earlier than we did. Imagine the utter devastation that a top-form Nani and Valencia together would have inflicted down that right side.
He favoured going for his own shot when played on the left. On the right you never knew what he was going to do and was a pure delight to watch when on form.

Should have never sold him that early.

Damn, almost feels like a new signing going into the season...

Hearing Ten Hag talking about him that he is doing fantastic currently and needs to make the next steps by becoming important for the team.. It feels like he is really going to get his chances..

Very curious what he will do.. Just hope he stays fit!

I might be going overboard, but I think he will prove to be our best winger. He appears to have the ideal blend of opportunism (ie. taking the shot when it's on) and awareness (ie. passing to an open man) that our other wingers lack (particularly Rashford, Garnacho, and Antony.)

Let's hope he isn't held back by injuries this season so that we can see how good he actually is. A lot of his potential is just speculation until he gets some extended playing time in the prem.

Why not? Because Zirkzee likes to drop deep? He runs the channels just as much and he played well with Ferguson and Orsolini. Orsolini plays a lot like Amad for Bologna and he worked well with Zirkzee so I don't see why not and Amad showed today that he can make that run down the wing too so it gives us options. The idea of bringing in Zirkzee is to free up the whole attack, give us options and make us fluid. Having each player being able to drop deep or run the channels or beat the offside trap is key. The idea that Zirkzee will take up Brunos space or Amads space is wrong, instead it will give us options while one drops the other moves and vice versa. Watch Bologna v Salernitana and you'll see the best of Zirkzee, his movement and ability to mix it up, come deep, run off the shoulder etc. He's a hybrid striker, he can do both.
From what I've seen both players heavily favour receiving into feet and usually converge on the ball. I would say Fernandes and Mount are better examples of players who can and do go both ways.

From what I've seen both players heavily favour receiving into feet and usually converge on the ball. I would say Fernandes and Mount are better examples of players who can and do go both ways.
But we saw Amad making runs in behind, along the touch line against Rangers only yesterday. He's doesn't always need ball to feet, I actually think he's probably our most complete attacker.

Was by far the standout winger of the game. He's in a legit starting XI battle with Garnacho and Rashy. He hasn't put a foot wrong and i'm loving everything he showing this pre-season.

The only thing I don't want to see is him fall into the Antony trap of shooting with every run. He's much better at it than Antony but that's not a wingers sole job. So as long as he mixes up those cut in run and shoot moves with more team play. He'll be an easy starter for us.

Was by far the standout winger of the game. He's in a legit starting XI battle with Garnacho and Rashy. He hasn't put a foot wrong and i'm loving everything he showing this pre-season.

The only thing I don't want to see is him fall into the Antony trap of shooting with every run. He's much better at it than Antony but that's not a wingers sole job. So as long as he mixes up those cut in run and shoot moves with more team play. He'll be an easy starter for us.
I don’t think you need to worry about the second half of your post. He’s a wide playmaker who is also good at getting past his man or finding that extra bit of space. He also seems to make the right decision most of the time. I’m looking forward to watching him in the PL this season and I believe he can make the RW his. If Rashford doesn’t hit the ground running, then Garnacho will be the LW.

ETH chasing Anthony when this guy was on our books needs to see him called to court at The damn Hague

ETH chasing Anthony when this guy was on our books needs to see him called to court at The damn Hague

And the cnut, Antony didn't seem to be bothered in the preseason against Arsenal either. Jogged around and I don't think he even contributed anything statistically.

Hes comfortably better than Antony right now

And the cnut, Antony didn't seem to be bothered in the preseason against Arsenal either. Jogged around and I don't think he even contributed anything statistically.
Except that 1 traditional attempt to bend a ball then wince when it flies wide. For some reason it had his dad with some over exaggerated clapping from our technical area :rolleyes:

You’re unfair, IMO. Anthony won several defensive duels due to tenacity, and was maybe the only player able to keep the ball in the tram in the middle of the pitch in the second half. His application was among the highest. The fact that he had four opportunities to create something at the corner of their box, and went for the shot thrice and slipped McTominay nicely through once, is neither here nor there in terms of trying.

Surprised to see him do a pre match presser but he’s a great guy, seems very humble.
Hopefully that extra responsibility and all the game time he’s getting preseason is enough for him to really break through this year. I actually think he’s more talented than Garnacho so he can definitely be our RW answer

A lot relies on Rashford actually. If he has a good year, we’ll see all our other wingers fight for the right wing and there will be limited chances. If he has another stinker then I’m betting on Amad to be our starting right winger by the end of the season

Hope he stays fit. And hope Ten Hag doesn't feck around. Amad deserves to be the first person on the team sheet vs City, he's been fantastic these pre season games and the end of last season, and his potential is absolutely elite.

Star player of the tour. Has to be our starting RW next season. Just hope he stays fit

ETH should just start him over anyone else. Even if he is injure and he comes back, Amad should start. Amad is our solution of RW, I don't want Sancho or Antony anywhere near.

We had Amad in the squad and then spent around 160-170 million to address that position with Sancho and Antony. Yeah it's all hindsight but with bit of forward thinking, at least Antony could have been avoided.

Anyways good to see him doing so well. Absolutely fantastic footballer, players like him are joy to watch.

imagine spending 150m on right wing when we already him on our books. Madness
He gotta start the season. Hopefully he stays clear from injuries

We had Amad in the squad and then spent around 160-170 million to address that position with Sancho and Antony. Yeah it's all hindsight but with bit of forward thinking, at least Antony could have been avoided.

Anyways good to see him doing so well. Absolutely fantastic footballer, players like him are joy to watch.
He simply never had trust of his managers at United and his injuries also happened at worst possible times .
Just hoping he can get extended run in the team now , he just adds different dynamics to our forward play .

He simply never had trust of his managers at United and his injuries also happened at worst possible times .
Just hoping he can get extended run in the team now , he just adds different dynamics to our forward play .

Yeah, that's correct. He never had the trust of the managers like other players had. He looks like the player who can transform the side with his ability to retain possession and play lovely pass in final third.

Yeah, that's correct. He never had the trust of the managers like other players had. He looks like the player who can transform the side with his ability to retain possession and play lovely pass in final third.
He's a good finisher as well. I think we might see more goals from him this season

ETH should just start him over anyone else. Even if he is injure and he comes back, Amad should start. Amad is our solution of RW, I don't want Sancho or Antony anywhere near.
He does the strengths of Antony and Sancho and does them better, plus he is clearly switched on defensively which many used as an argument against him last year. Really shouldn't be a debate between those three, and if anything it should be Garnacho and Rashford competing for the second starting spot right now.

This. I really don't know who insisted on Antony when we had Sancho and amad already on the books. Stackable offence -- either sheer dumbness or some financial impropriety involved.