Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
I just like watching him play, when he receives the ball it feels like something could happen.

Hopefully he gets a run of games to continue his development as it looks like there is much more to come.

His close control and the way he opens up his body when he receives the ball give me the confidence that he can become a really good player.

It would be nice to see him shoot a bit more though as he seems to have the quality to create space for it.

He must be a nightmare to deal with when he’s on form. He’s always moving and will suddenly explode into any holes the opposition leave open

He’s one of the only truly direct players we have. Picks it up and drives forward at every opportunity to create space for himself or others. Garnacho does this too but Amad has greater technical ability and better passing. I reckon if Pep were to take any one of our players it would be Amad. He’s that type of player.

Nice balance in his game, direct but without the tunnel vision that sometimes comes with it. Gets defenders off balance, back pedaling then has the vision to release the pass at the right time.

There is a bit of the better qualities of Sancho about him but with much more willingness to take on his man.

Nice balance in his game, direct but without the tunnel vision that sometimes comes with it. Gets defenders off balance, back pedaling then has the vision to release the pass at the right time.

There is a bit of the better qualities of Sancho about him but with much more willingness to take on his man.
and a willingness to work at the back as well

Garnacho is still a youngster and should be treated as one. Honestly he's getting plenty of playing time. He will rotate with Amad / Rashford. I'm not worried about him being unhappy at all. And he definitely doesn't have the reason for it, we're 4 games in the season.
He does seem to get the hump when on the bench, he likes shitty tweets, puts Instagram posts with hidden messages etc. playing so much last season and doing well possibly created that? Also learning from Ronaldo the way he did possibly. He wants to play, it’s good in some respects but amad deserves game time too. Rashford is a main stay however we feel about it. He’s got to get used to it. He might not play as much this season if everyone stays fit.

He is the most exciting player right now in the team and it’s a pleasure watching him play. And it’s refreshing to see him finally been given a clear run in the team to make that position his own instead of continuing to play Antony.

In the long term, I see him as squad member no matter first XI or substitution depends on if team will bring the better RW to join or not. By the way, his contract will expire in 2025 with option for another year. So, the club may need to negotiate his contract extension as early as possible.

By far his most important quality is his ability to retain possession and not just run into a dead end like a brainless winger would. Basically a "possession winger" with speed when he needs to show it. Excellent talent. Think he can play across the attacking midfield if need be. Yhat's how good he is.

He does seem to get the hump when on the bench, he likes shitty tweets, puts Instagram posts with hidden messages etc. playing so much last season and doing well possibly created that? Also learning from Ronaldo the way he did possibly. He wants to play, it’s good in some respects but amad deserves game time too. Rashford is a main stay however we feel about it. He’s got to get used to it. He might not play as much this season if everyone stays fit.
And that's fine. I really don't know what the fuss is about. He'll still play plenty now Antony is out of the picture, and considering he plays both wings.

And that's fine. I really don't know what the fuss is about. He'll still play plenty now Antony is out of the picture, and considering he plays both wings.
Oh I agree, I’m talking from the players perspective. We need to rotate players better this season.

Amad's technical ability has never been in question. The only doubt I had was whether he had that boldness to take his game to another level. He needed more aggression to his game. Now, he is clearly developing faster. He has a diminutive stature but he is robust and knows how to use his strengths well.

He is intelligent on and off the ball. He knows when to slow the game down and also inject tempo to destabilise the opposition. His link up play will become more effective as the technical element of the team goes up another gear. He needs to keep it going and the manager needs to trust him more.

His performance against Southampton was really good. He needs to tighten up on some of his passes when players are overlapping. He is capable of much better than the minor passes that are too short or long. Hope he keeps improving

He’s one of the only truly direct players we have. Picks it up and drives forward at every opportunity to create space for himself or others. Garnacho does this too but Amad has greater technical ability and better passing. I reckon if Pep were to take any one of our players it would be Amad. He’s that type of player.
Right from the moment he broke through, I always thought it will be Mainoo. He's tailor made for their midfield in my view.

City got Savinho, Doku, Foden and Bernardo Silva who can all play where Amad plays with much greater threat so I don't think they got a need for him.

My favourite United winger rn.

Get Kvaratskhelia for the other wing, and we are sorted.

Really like the look of him, its funny that this should be Amad’s highlight clip but it’s also shown the wastefulness and annoying behaviour of Bruno, there were 3-4 wasted possessions from Bruno when placed in decent positions in attack, in addition, he moaned at Amad for not passing the ball.

Taking his spot as lead playmaker in the side… against Saints he had the most passes of the entire midfield. Need to see more of that going forward. The players deferred to him at Sunderland, and honestly there’s no reason why they shouldn’t be here.

Amad has been Uniteds best player so far this season. A talented player and deserves his chance to prove himself with a run of games.

Pep would take Mainoo, I think.
Bruno Fernandes would be his ideal KDB's successor too, if Bruno isn't 30 already.

Better extend his contract soon before he takes it to another level. And just because his contract simply expires in 2025+1 year extend option

Pep would take Mainoo, I think.
Bruno Fernandes would be his ideal KDB's successor too, if Bruno isn't 30 already.
Nah. Fernandes can’t carry the ball and he’s not a good crosser. They’re similar but at the same time they’re not.

I like his decision making he’s always looking for the pass he’s a good squad player

Stats don't always tell the true story, when you watch them play you can see the differences.

I think KdB would give away the ball alot more if he played at Man Utd for the past five years. And I think Bruno would give it away far less if he played at Man City in the same period.

In sum, I really dont think the idea that Bruno give away the ball too much for Pep makes much sense.

"Created more than twice as many chances as any other player."

I mean yeah, stats and all.

It was a poor Southampton team but that was as complete a performance (on and off the ball) compared relatively to everyone else on the pitch yet somehow nowhere near MOTM.

Well of course he created more chances than De Ligt, Onana, and Martinez. If you think that's a gotcha then it's hard to believe this is a good faith discussion.

And I disagree it was a complete performance, he's capable of better and a few of those chances could have been big chances with a better weighting of passes.

Compared to De Ligt who was the most influential player, at both ends of the pitch, that was an actually complete performance and Amad's good performance wasn't near that.

Are you expecting perfection or what? Most great players overhit a pass or 2 (usually way more, especially for attackers) every game.

Not at all, but his passing weight was off more than 1 or 2 times. I'm still saying he was good, probably our best attacker, but compared to De Ligt's imperious performance at the back, in which he also scored a goal, which was close to perfection, I don't think Amad has a realistic shout at MOTM.

My favourite United winger rn.

Get Kvaratskhelia for the other wing, and we are sorted.

My MOTM for a second game running and one of my favorite players

This performance should nail him in as a first choice RW. He made all the right decisions in the final third and he kept possession very well.

He provides all the things many hoped Antony would, and in abundance. The kid is a pure baller. I could see him easily slot into any of the top sides in the league. He wouldn't look out of place at Arsenal for instance, and would probably match Saka's output.

Amad plus one on the wings is the way forward. Rashford and Garnacho bring imbalance to the attack often because they're selfish shoot first players and they lose possession too often

Well of course he created more chances than De Ligt, Onana, and Martinez. If you think that's a gotcha then it's hard to believe this is a good faith discussion.

And I disagree it was a complete performance, he's capable of better and a few of those chances could have been big chances with a better weighting of passes.

Compared to De Ligt who was the most influential player, at both ends of the pitch, that was an actually complete performance and Amad's good performance wasn't near that.

Not sure if you're the one not being good faith here. I specifically highlighted the bolded bit in your post where you said he didn't stay at a good level all game. Amad's stats was to contextualise that he was thoroughly involved both on and off the ball. Martinez's stats were good but again he was hesitant before the goal leaving Dalot out a bit to dry. If you want context, after the goals, Southampton posed very little threat to our goal and we contained them with our conservative passing. Outside of defence i.e Onana, Martinez and de Ligt, all players, who were facing the whole pitch with their passing options in front of them, Amad was the only other players who was retaining possession in between the spaces (i.e receiving in tighter spots with players pressing for all angles) consistently, creating and being effective off it. He was a threat in and around their box but also linking up play in between and also being defensively resilient. He was every bit as influential or complete as anyone not named de Ligt (or Onana for his save alone) and therefore very near MOTM.