Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Great performance. I'm so pleased he took his opportunity and didn't choke today (unlike the 1st 20mins against Fulham). Long may it continue. Has to start as he's a great outlet for our initial build-up. Controls the tempo, holds the ball well to bring others in even if it's a back-pass. Also has the pace to play on the breakaway if necessary, but that's where his decision making and composure needs some improvement.

I'm not sure I would like two Garnachos. Garnacho takes on defenders often, but also loses the ball a lot. We need different types of wingers.

Amad also has the most progression carries, wide above anyone else in the team today, so more often than not, he made the right decision whether to take on defenders.
They're different in styles but both play as proper wingers where they hold width and can threaten in behind or come short and threaten as they run with the ball at defenders. The main thing is having actual wingers who can run with the ball at the opposition and hold width, rather than roam inside all the time. Rashford is too much of a wide forward where he can only be that off ball threat in behind and that tends to unbalance teams a bit .. while we've been too obsessed with the wide 10s for too long which I hate. Very happy with Garnacho and And though, even though I think both are best on the right.

I feel like there's some exaggeration going on over his performance today, it was good, but I wouldn't have him near MOTM, he struggled a bit with the weight of his passing and ran into the opposition full back a bit, especially in the first half.

Still a good showing though, I think he has several more levels to go through once he gets more games under his belt, will be a joy to watch if he can.

I feel like there's some exaggeration going on over his performance today, it was good, but I wouldn't have him near MOTM, he struggled a bit with the weight of his passing and ran into the opposition full back a bit, especially in the first half.

Still a good showing though, I think he has several more levels to go through once he gets more games under his belt, will be a joy to watch if he can.
He could've had 3 or 4 assists in the first half, thanks to the weight of his passing.

Just glad it looks like he is getting a proper run now he will only get better and I've liked him for a couple of years now.

Such a neat and tidy footballer it looked like he was gonna be let go for a while and I'm so glad he wasn't.

He could've had 3 or 4 assists in the first half, thanks to the weight of his passing.

That's something of an exaggeration, but even so it doesn't dispute the point - in the first half he played a decent number of passes too soft or too hard and put the receiver under pressure or led to us losing the ball. 3 or 4 well weighted passes doesn't change that.

That's something of an exaggeration, but even so it doesn't dispute the point - in the first half he played a decent number of passes too soft or too hard and put the receiver under pressure or led to us losing the ball. 3 or 4 well weighted passes doesn't change that.
M'kay

Don't see Antony getting much EPL gametime with this guy playing as he is. ETH must be doing something right.

I'm convinced these people see what they want to see. He literally put Bruno through twice with excellent passes just for him to fluff his lines.

Nowhere near MOTM?

Who was your top three then? Onana and de Ligt fair enough/perhaps but if you put anyone other than Amad, then you're watching a totally different game. You will struggle to find any of our outfield players who completed or received passes into feet under pressure, chance creation with his usage stats AND defending/pressing.

You might be thinking of Bruno, who constantly played himself and others into danger.

Last edited:
Amad and Mainoo are our most talented players in my opinion. Needs to be given the right wing position consistently to allow him to develop.

Nowhere near MOTM?

Who was your top three then? Onana and de Ligt fair enough/perhaps but if you put anyone other than Amad, then you're watching a totally different game. You will struggle to find any of our outfield players who completed or received passes into feet under pressure, chance creation with his usage stats AND defending/pressing.

You might be thinking of Bruno, who constantly played himself and others into danger.

If Bruno had put in the exact same performance his entire thread would just say “magnifico” “absolute genius” “world class” but Amad creates 6 chances and hardly gives the ball away yet people just say “he was solid but he screwed up the weight on some of his passes”

I just get the sense players like him and Zirkzee will have to be absurdly good to actually be rated by United fans because their styles just aren’t as similar to the classic “United way” or whatever.

Amad and Mainoo are our most talented players in my opinion. Needs to be given the right wing position consistently to allow him to develop.
No one needs to be "given" anything. As long as he performs like he has today, he should start. If he starts underperforming, then someone else should come in for him. The moment we "give" players a starting position no matter what is when we see players perform like Rashford and Bruno consistently do

If Bruno had put in the exact same performance his entire thread would just say “magnifico” “absolute genius” “world class” but Amad creates 6 chances and hardly gives the ball away yet people just say “he was solid but he screwed up the weight on some of his passes”

I just get the sense players like him and Zirkzee will have to be absurdly good to actually be rated by United fans because their styles just aren’t as similar to the classic “United way” or whatever.
Where is this coming from? I mainly see praise about his performance today and rightly so. There's some persecution complex over here...

The few times Mazraoui overlapped and even Bruno once, yeah he did overpass it

Main thing is he looks smooth out there, he's surprisingly decent defensively and he's got all the tools to be a really good all-around winger (goals, assists, links up well, retains the ball under pressure, tracks back). Only his 20th game of top level football (73rd if you count the Scottish Premiership, Champo and International matches).

But I felt like he had a lot of space out there as Southampton's players were really narrow and the switch to him on the ground was on and he was a bit frustrating in some of those situations. So yeah, promising stuff, but I think he was in about as good a situation today as he's ever gonna get in the Prem, so I'm downgrading the performance a bit.

Think he's only really had 1 bad performance so far this season and even then he scored, and given the context that performance was forgivable. I really like him.

Nowhere near MOTM?

I'd have given MOTM to De Ligt personally, but could make a case for everyone if we're accepting highlight reels that cut out most of the mistakes (although there were still a couple of examples of overhit passes).

I still said he had a good game, and yes better than Bruno, but I think there's aspects of his game he can tighten up.

0:48 was my favourite moment, because it's a situation where I expect 95% of our players to lose possession of the ball if they find themselves in a similar situation. The very best teams are littered with players who can keep the ball in tricky scenarios, whereas we have maybe 2 of them (Amad and Mainoo).

Beats players, makes runs off defenders, can pass on a dime, has a great shot, keeps the ball well.
He’s one heck of a player.

Main thing is he looks smooth out there, he's surprisingly decent defensively and he's got all the tools to be a really good all-around winger (goals, assists, links up well, retains the ball under pressure, tracks back). Only his 20th game of top level football (73rd if you count the Scottish Premiership, Champo and International matches).

But I felt like he had a lot of space out there as Southampton's players were really narrow and the switch to him on the ground was on and he was a bit frustrating in some of those situations. So yeah, promising stuff, but I think he was in about as good a situation today as he's ever gonna get in the Prem, so I'm downgrading the performance a bit.
Very good point about his relative lack of experience. Hope he gets consistent game time this season because there's more in his locker that will unlock with experience

I'd have given MOTM to De Ligt personally, but could make a case for everyone if we're accepting highlight reels that cut out most of the mistakes (although there were still a couple of examples of overhit passes).

I still said he had a good game, and yes better than Bruno, but I think there's aspects of his game he can tighten up.

If you still think he was 'nowhere near MOTM' then that's fine, although it's disingenuous to suggest all of the players today had a highlight reel like Amad. So who was your top three?

If you still think he was 'nowhere near MOTM' then that's fine, although it's disingenuous to suggest all of the players today had a highlight reel like Amad.

If I had suggested that then it may be, I'm pointing out that the highlight reel presented didn't include the poor passes I'm referring to, and so anyone would look great when we pick almost only positives.

I still think he played well, but wasn't flawless, and there were some better performances, Onana and De Ligt being great examples.

So so performance but I really like him. Looked a bit jaded late on but still contributed quite well. I like watching him but i'm ok with him getting subbed at 60 mins or rested at times. Feels like another player where its more important where he is in 2 / 3 years time than now. I think like a few other players theres room to grow. If he keeps his head down and keeps up the work rate he'll be great.

If I had suggested that then it may be, I'm pointing out that the highlight reel presented didn't include the poor passes I'm referring to, and so anyone would look great when we pick almost only positives.

I still think he played well, but wasn't flawless, and there were some better performances, Onana and De Ligt being great examples.

Onana? Apart from the penalty he had two shots on target to deal with over 90 minutes. No keeper gets MOTM when he’s involved that little. He

Encouraging performance again, got involved well in the final third on the ball. Feel like there is a lot more in him.

Where is this coming from? I mainly see praise about his performance today and rightly so. There's some persecution complex over here...

So so performance but I really like him. Looked a bit jaded late on but still contributed quite well. I like watching him but i'm ok with him getting subbed at 60 mins or rested at times. Feels like another player where its more important where he is in 2 / 3 years time than now. I think like a few other players theres room to grow. If he keeps his head down and keeps up the work rate he'll be great.

Here's one. "so so" is an absolute insane judgement of today's performance.

I'd say he is reasonably experienced now for his age. As you allude to, the Championship and Scottish Premiership are weaker leads but they are still quite a good level.

At Sunderland the fans loved him and you can see why. He brings a level of maturity in his play style that you don't get too often for players at his age.

First off, I don't think anybody was suggesting he was flawless and most of the comments here suggest to say he was good to very good, which is basically near MOTM contention. However, it seems you are thinking he wasn't 'flawless' (i.e an assessment no one really gave in this thread) but 'nowhere near MOTM' and I'm just trying to figure out what that means.

Even if a player had has a few loose touches, 1) it still doesn't make it not a MOTM performance and 2) it doesn't mean other players would also have such a good reel.

Let's be honest mate, you misspoke when you said 'nowhere near MOTM' and just wanted to calm down some of the praise as you saw some mistakes, which is fair in your position but I (and others) wouldn't agree with. The fact you still haven't named your top three players from the game says it all.

Good performance but he needs to make better decisions in the box and also try to shoot or pass with his right foot. Too many touches in the box

Sticks out like a sore thumb in our team. Takes two seconds of watching his relationship with the football to see he isn’t like any of our other forward players. Except perhaps Zirkzee. We need one more like him, preferably in the 10 role.

He’s got a similar game to Antony, he’s a bit weaker but better on the ball especially in tight spaces. He doesn’t just spam that left foot curler over and over and he’ll go on the outside and use his right too. He’s already better than Antony who looks like he’s probably going to be on his way out unless he manages to contribute meaningfully this season. It’s not going to be easy with 3 players in front of him and who finally look to be coming into some kind of form.