Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Not sure if you're the one not being good faith here. I specifically highlighted the bolded bit in your post where you said he didn't stay at a good level all game. Amad's stats was to contextualise that he was thoroughly involved both on and off the ball. Martinez's stats were good but again he was hesitant before the goal leaving Dalot out a bit to dry. If you want context, after the goals, Southampton posed very little threat to our goal and we contained them with our conservative passing. Outside of defence i.e Onana, Martinez and de Ligt, all players, who were facing the whole pitch with their passing options in front of them, Amad was the only other players who was retaining possession in between the spaces (i.e receiving in tighter spots with players pressing for all angles) consistently, creating and being effective off it. He was a threat in and around their box but also linking up play in between and also being defensively resilient. He was every bit as influential or complete as anyone not named de Ligt (or Onana for his save alone) and therefore very near MOTM.

I think we might be using different definitions of "near" here, even if we accept your opinion that he was our second or third most influential player (I don't agree, I've got him 4th/5th, but we'll go around in circles forever on that).

Yours is seemingly that 2/3 is very close to 1, and therefore he's near MOTM. In my opinion, 1 was so far ahead of him as 3 that it isn't near, but at this point we're arguing semantics.

Anyway it looks like we fundamentally disagree on how good and effective Amad was; I think his performance was good, probably our best player ahead of the back line, but not at all complete and has room for improvement, whereas for me De Ligt's performance is deserving of being called complete, and he was MOTM by some distance.

He’s a wonderful footballer with a level of footballing intelligence we have been lacking for a long time, especially from wide areas.

He’s a wonderful footballer with a level of footballing intelligence we have been lacking for a long time, especially from wide areas.
Couldn’t agree more, you can see how a player of his footballing intelligence would fit into one of Pep’s sides. I’m hoping Amad is the break through player of the season similar to Mainoo last season, especially with how he’s started the season

Easily United's most effective wide player at the moment. Probably the most effective attacker full stop. His technique is excellent and everything he does is so clever, measured and calm.

Which is a welcome change from the helter-skelter style we've become used to, with our wingers running into blind alleys and losing possession constantly.

Should have got a penalty as well. How has VAR not seen that ?

VAR awarding the penalty when Dalot tackle looked slightly out and this. ETH needs to be more vocal about this and bring it up every game. Seems like every 50-50 decision goes against us with VAR

Much more of a wide playmaker than I initially thought he was. He has a really good eye for a pass and the ability to execute it. On current form, he is our best wide player.

Nailed on starter now. Great to see Rashford was the one to come off for Garnacho as well.

He's very similar to Bernardo Silva I would say, I'd like him to improve the last pass a bit more, and I'm very happy with him.Tidy, never loses the ball, good shot. I was starting to give up on him but very happy with him now.

VAR awarding the penalty when Dalot tackle looked slightly out and this. ETH needs to be more vocal about this and bring it up every game. Seems like every 50-50 decision goes against us with VAR
Ye he should take lessons of Klopp. Klopp forever moaned which then swung decisions his way and not in opposition teams.

He’s been our best player of the season so far. The only player to come out with credit from every fixture he played in and it was a mistake not to start him against Liverpool. Oh well. Lesson learned. Nailed on starter from now on.
Ye I agree. He got a lot of stick against Brighton as being not good enough to start even though in the 2nd half that game he’s the reason we scored.

Ye I agree. He got a lot of stick against Brighton as being not good enough to start even though in the 2nd half that game he’s the reason we scored.

Yup. And the stick he got against Brighton was largely because of 2 or 3 obvious mistakes, which wound people up, in the context of an overall solid performance (when you look at the stats) He was clearly one of our better (if not the best) individual performer on the day. As well as the goal he scored he played a vital role in Garnacho’s disallowed goal. Plus the poor lad was playing immediately after a bereavement, so deserved a lot of slack.

It’s just so refreshing to see an attacking player who combines making good decisions with the technical ability to consistently execute those decisions. And all while making sure he does all his defensive work diligently. We haven’t had a player like that in years and it’s been killing me to see players like this at all our rival clubs meanwhile.

Yup. And the stick he got against Brighton was largely because of 2 or 3 obvious mistakes, which wound people up, in the context of an overall solid performance (when you look at the stats) He was clearly one of our better (if not the best) individual performer on the day. As well as the goal he scored he played a vital role in Garnacho’s disallowed goal. Plus the poor lad was playing immediately after a bereavement, so deserved a lot of slack.

It’s just so refreshing to see an attacking player who combines making good decisions with the technical ability to consistently execute those decisions. And all while making sure he does all his defensive work diligently. We haven’t had a player like that in years and it’s been killing me to see players like this at all our rival clubs meanwhile.
Yeah, he's a proper player and probably the biggest attacking talent at the club.

On his debut you could tell immediately…even before that when watching the ‘Welcome to ManUtd’ clips that his eye for and weight off a pass was brilliant. His technique was also already there. It’s crazy that it’s taken so long for him to be given a chance. The Antony signing just wasn’t at all necessary.

So pleased he’s now in the team and I am desperate for him to succeed and take his opportunity.

I still don’t quite trust ETH will persevere with him and the moment he has a poor game…he’ll be out of the team for months.

2 goal involvements in 4 games is a good start. If he maintains that over the season he shouldn’t be ill treated

If Bruno is ever injured or rested I’d like to see him in the number 10 role. Think we would have more control on games with his tendency to keep the ball

He played there during his international duty and did well. He has also done that on his loan as well when needed, that is an option that should not be excluded.

Amad is probably one of the players I've desperately wanted to see succeed in addition to Hannibal (sob), but let's be honest, he was terrible against Brighton in the first half (which was the day after he lost a step-mother, mind). Absolutely nothing was coming off, however he turned it around in the second half and even scored a goal. I think it bodes well, as usually with our creative players having a particularly bad game, it tends to go downhill.

That first half though, there's no way anyone can paint it otherwise, it was horrible. Top player all the same and he's showing everyone what he's about and silencing the doubters.

If Bruno is ever injured or rested I’d like to see him in the number 10 role. Think we would have more control on games with his tendency to keep the ball

Do you think our style of play would suit him as a 10? He doesn’t press much neither our 3 other attacking players which could leave so much space high. He will link very well with Kobbie and Casemiro but not sure about the wingers.

Not a single reply btw for this one. I remember seeing it live and even Amad didn’t seem to be too bothered with the decision.
If it was given as a foul in the centre of the pitch, nobody would've complained either. There always been a different standard to what constitutes a foul in the penalty area, versus everywhere else.

Still a long way to go...but you can add Amad to the list of young players that have improved under EtH.

Amad has been the most consistent performer so far this season...looking forward to seeing him against CP and Spurs. Those games will be a good test for him.

Wonderful player. Work rate. Intelligence. Extremely press resistant. Technical. Little details show he will be class for us like for example fantastically weighted pass in the last game to put Rashford 1v1 with goalkeeper. He will be a beast of a player.

but you can add Amad to the list of young players that have improved under EtH.
I don't think so. He's always been a quality talent and he performed brilliantly away from ten Hag at Sunderland. All that has happened since is that he's performing for United to a standard that he's always been capable of. Ten Hag, if anything, has been a bit reluctant with Amad. Perhaps he didn't realise the level of talent he has.

Still a long way to go...but you can add Amad to the list of young players that have improved under EtH.

Amad has been the most consistent performer so far this season...looking forward to seeing him against CP and Spurs. Those games will be a good test for him.

I get what you're saying but it's more a case of him improving whilst EtH happened to be manager rather than because.

If anything he owns more of his recent development to Tony Mowbray whilst at Sunderland, who not only made him the central focus of his team but began encouraging him to demand the ball more from his teammates once he saw Amad's quality.

I get what you're saying but it's more a case of him improving whilst EtH happened to be manager rather than because.

If anything he owns more of his recent development to Tony Mowbray whilst at Sunderland, who not only made him the central focus of his team but began encouraging him to demand the ball more from his teammates once he saw Amad's quality.

I take your point...I hear it endlessly that nobody has improved at United under this manager or that manager...of course it's a combination of factors and most credit should always go to the player himself.

But his development and path into the first team has been fantastic IMO. For that I give EtH props.

If I can say that without derailing the thread :devil:

Brilliant performance. If he can start scoring goals regularly he’ll be some player.