Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
First half he was our best player (with De Ligt the only one close). Second half he wasn't as effective in attacking situations, but played his part in us dominating and controlling the ball around.

Still things to improve, but at the moment it looks like it should be Amad on the right with Rashford and Garnacho battling for the left.

This is the kind of performances I expect from him, he's so tidy and smart with his passes that we created a good amount of chances without the need of set pieces

Can't help but feel there's another level to him that we haven't seen yet. Watching him play is a constant tease.

I think he takes the wrong option a bit, but huge potential. He probably should be more greedy
Yep that's what he needs to learn from Garnacho. It's great to have a winger who tries to create, but sometimes he should try to take on the defender and bend one in. He's more than capable of doing just that

Our best attacker tonight. Hopefully he'll be able to keep his place long-term even when Garnacho gets back to proper match fitness.

Not sure I was as impressed as some of you. He had a good game but in a game like today he needed to score. He had so many opportunities to do so.

Southampton were shite but in games where he won’t get as much space he needs to be more decisive.

The RW position is his for now though.

Not sure I was as impressed as some of you. He had a good game but in a game like today he needed to score. He had so many opportunities to do so.

Southampton were shite but in games where he won’t get as much space he needs to be more decisive.

He created something like 6 chances today and registered an assist, it would have been nice if had scored but he certainly didn't need to.

I can’t think of a single time where he should have clearly shot… and he thrives in tight spaces?

He created something like 6 chances today and registered an assist, it would have been nice if had scored but he certainly didn't need to.
I know people will disagree with me but some of the positions he got into the final pass should have been better even though they still resulted in chances.

The assist to Rashford was all Rashford’s goal.

I’m not having a go at him I just don’t think the performance was that impressive.

We've a player on our hands, I really see him being able to go few levels up, today he was the most positive player and worked his socks off.

Another good performance in the bag. His first touch, dribbling, passing are all so assured, it looks so effortless.

Got into some really good positions today. Maybe could have used the Mazroui's runs better, but it's hard for me to be too critical of him. It's just nice to feel confident that he isn't going to mess it up. Sometimes he does something magnificent, sometimes he does something tidy, but the worst you can expect from him is that he recycles the ball. He's so efficient in tight areas.

Great in the first half but his final ball in the second half was a little frustrating. Still though he should be our starting RW for the moment.

Yes, he could have made one or two better decisions, but he’s a massive talent, and looks like someone who’ll end up regularly popping goals in. His touch is top class, and god knows we need players who can deal with the ball.

He’s a menace. I really like that he can find a pass when it slows down in front of him. He just controls situations. Is that him on 1 goal and 2 assists now as well. Not a bad start.

Have to say that he had them so terrified of his ability to cut in that they loaded up to stop him and left a massive gap for him to go right at one point and he didn’t take it. Should have shifted made the yard of space and just taken the shot across goal. Even if it doesn’t go in he probably creates a rebound.

Atm our best attacking threat. Always looks to create something or run at the opponents defence. His close control is so good as well.

It has to be him and Garnacho/Rashford on the other wing, going forward imo.

Amad is playing too much in control, maybe his DNA is different from Garnacho. Every time Garnacho has the ball he looks to take on the defenders. For Amad, he only take on if it 1v1 situation. How I wish he has Garnacho mentally? I really think he can be one of best right wingers in the league if he is more aggressive.

That's exactly what we don't need, we have enough brain-dead wingers just constantly looking to rush a shot. That hasn't and wouldn't be productive.

There was only one chance where he should have taken a shot instead of the pass. People are just going to have to get used to a non greedy winger.

Amad is playing too much in control, maybe his DNA is different from Garnacho. Every time Garnacho has the ball he looks to take on the defenders. For Amad, he only take on if it 1v1 situation. How I wish he has Garnacho mentally? I really think he can be one of best right wingers in the league if he is more aggressive.
It's because he's a natural playmaker. Garnacho is your prototypical wide forward.

I'm not sure I would like two Garnachos. Garnacho takes on defenders often, but also loses the ball a lot. We need different types of wingers.

Amad also has the most progression carries, wide above anyone else in the team today, so more often than not, he made the right decision whether to take on defenders.

We don’t need another headless chicken who continuously tries low percentage plays only to lose the ball. We have that in Bruno, Rashford and Garnacho.

Amad is a breath of fresh air because he’s actually trying to retain possession while finding the best portion available. There’s a reason why his stamina looks better than Garnacho despite doing more pressing.

We need more players like Amad, it’ll help the rest of our team not get exposed every time.

I'm not sure I would like two Garnachos. Garnacho takes on defenders often, but also loses the ball a lot. We need different types of wingers.

Amad also has the most progression carries, wide above anyone else in the team today, so more often than not, he made the right decision whether to take on defenders.
Yup, found this on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/s/RwLSPtTO1x