Amad Diallo Ivory Coast flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Not blessed with blistering pace but has so much ability and grace on the ball. Reminds me a little bit of Palmer. Would be amazing if he could match his sort of output one day.

I feel in a season or so it’ll all click into place and he’ll become an absolute monster for G/A

Amad had a solid game overall. My only critique would be his predictability at times. The commentators pointed out how often he cuts inside onto his left foot, but I’d like to see him mix it up by taking the ball down the line occasionally. Other than that, a strong performance, and he definitely deserves to start the next game.
That or using the overlap a bit more, there were times today when the best option was definitely to release Dalot but he used it as a decoy too often and I think the opposition read it and just closed off his space anyway, if he uses Dalot/Mazraoui more then the opposition defence will have to pay more attention to it and it'll help him when he does decide to cut in.

Super talented and a great work ethic also.
Great to see in a young player nowadays as too many are lazy cnuts.

He's quicker and stronger than I initially thought.
Probably my MOTM today. Was a threat in both halfs of the match.

I feel in a season or so it’ll all click into place and he’ll become an absolute monster for G/A
Could've had a couple of assists minimum today if not for Bruno's brain farts.

Looked like we were definitely instructed to play a bit more reserved in the 2nd half and most importantly keep control of the game. We definitely kept possession better and it helps to have players like Amad in the team as he's technically so sound with the ball at his feet.

So reliable in possession and helps us make good decisions in the first stages of attack. Some wrong choices in the box though but he’ll hopefully get there.

Not blessed with blistering pace but has so much ability and grace on the ball. Reminds me a little bit of Palmer. Would be amazing if he could match his sort of output one day.

It's difficult to judge his pace. He's definitely not slow but not a speedster.

For his Liverpool goal last season he kept up with Garnacho though so he's quick enough.

I really like him though. You can see he's very clever player.

He still looks to me some way off the finished article, but there's tonnes to like about him.

Have a feeling him, Rashford and Zirkzee complement each other the best out of all our options too.

I know we signed him a while ago, but this really feels like his first season with us.

His development has been stalled by a combination of injuries, bad choices in loan club (rangers), and incompetent management refusing to give him game time.

Also due to his size it's taken him a bit longer to be ready for PL football.

He'll probably end the season with the view being "promising but doesn't quite do enough in terms of output", but I'm sure if we persist with him he will be a top player. He just has something.

I'll mention again, at Amad's age Salah was being shipped out of Chelsea for not being good enough. Amad has loads of time.

It's difficult to judge his pace. He's definitely not slow but not a speedster.

For his Liverpool goal last season he kept up with Garnacho though so he's quick enough.

I really like him though. You can see he's very clever player.
Yeah he's not 'slow' by any means. What I think I'm trying to say is that he doesn't rely on pace like some wingers do. He looks to beat a player with his movement and quick feet, rather than sheer athleticism.

That and using both feet. He’s pretty one footed at the moment.. similar to Antony in that respect
I think you're allowing the commentary influence your perception there. He has gotten into the box, beaten the full back on the outside, and created chances a few times this season already

He had 3 chances to play Mazrauoi on the overlap today and he only played him once.

It's partly greediness of attacking players who want to cut in and get a shot away if they can. But too often he realises there's too many bodies to get a shot away so he has to play a pass inside where it's crowded. Should always use the overlap if it's there.

But I'm just being picky, I'm a huge fan.

He’s really good. Great performance and I’m really liking the partnership between him and Mazraoui. Seem to be growing a great understanding with each other

I think you're allowing the commentary influence your perception there. He has gotten into the box, beaten the full back on the outside, and created chances a few times this season already
What commentary?

I wasn’t talking of a single action in the game, he typically likes to cut inside and use his left foot. I’d like to see him swing more in the box using his right. Common theme when you play left footed players on the right.

For some of the 'Amad wasn't fit, had an okay Championship season or just didn't do enough', these performances and game intelligence he's showing must be mind blowing. No way that kind of player just steps up so randomly and the many, who thought he should have played more were just glazing him for no reason.

Hope people now understand what the hype was all about. He has great technique, close control and decent dribbling. Good pass, shot and understanding of the game. Should get even better when Dalot switches to the right and with consistent game time this year.

For some of the 'Amad wasn't fit, had an okay Championship season or just didn't do enough', these performances and game intelligence he's showing must be mind blowing. No way that kind of player just steps up so randomly and the many, who thought he should have played more were just glazing him for no reason.

Was so so obvious to anyone that paid attention that he was this good :lol:

He's our best attacker. My only nitpick today is that he could have taken KWP on to his right for a shot towards the end of the game after he had him favoring the inside so heavily. But passing, dribbling, decision making were top tier.

He had 3 chances to play Mazrauoi on the overlap today and he only played him once.

It's partly greediness of attacking players who want to cut in and get a shot away if they can. But too often he realises there's too many bodies to get a shot away so he has to play a pass inside where it's crowded. Should always use the overlap if it's there.

But I'm just being picky, I'm a huge fan.

It's half and half. I don't think he overdid much of his cutting inside because he made several good cute passes into the box that should have had a goal or something come out of it.

An overlap makes space for the player on the ball so if the player on the ball can go closer to the goal that's not a bad thing. It's what you do with it afterwards.

No way that kind of player just steps up so randomly and the many, who thought he should have played more were just glazing him for no reason.
I'm a broken record but it's really frustrating to think we could be seeing a much better version of Amad right now if we took the opportunity to get him used to premier league football last season.

Instead we're now using this year as his "bedding in" season.

What commentary?

I wasn’t talking of a single action in the game, he typically likes to cut inside and use his left foot. I’d like to see him swing more in the box using his right. Common theme when you play left footed players on the right.
Yeah it's common with left footed right sided attackers which is why they're played there, but he also does go on the outside from time to time and so is reasonably unpredictable unlike Antony.

The commentator suggested today that he's one footed (which I thought was odd), and I thought that was influencing your POV, my bad if not.

Him and Mainoo are so good to watch in terms or their touch and the way they cleverly use the ball, so refreshing after seeing so many kick and run players over the years.

When he picks up the ball you also get that feeling somethings going to happen.

The irony when we signed him and Pellistri in that window which we failed to sign Sancho.

Everyone jumped on Woodwards back. Little did we know that this lad would turn out to be what we expected from Sancho. Looking very direct and sharp so far. Hopefully he continues down this path.

Very good game as expected from him, If you have to nitpick than he should have taken full back little bit more and try get that goal.

Yeah it's common with left footed right sided attackers which is why they're played there, but he also does go on the outside from time to time and so is reasonably unpredictable unlike Antony.

The commentator suggested today that he's one footed (which I thought was odd), and I thought that was influencing your POV, my bad if not.
Oh I see, no, I’ve always felt he needs to work on using his right more, I feel the same with Antony.

Him and Mainoo are so good to watch in terms or their touch and the way they cleverly use the ball, so refreshing after seeing so many kick and run players over the years.

When he picks up the ball you also get that feeling somethings going to happen.
I like to refer to him as Mainoo in attack. They're similar in the way they're just easily in control of the ball

Had a good game I thought. Only nitpick is he should have got a goal considering the amount of times he got into great positions. But very encouraging performance nonetheless.