2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
You're not addressing the point.

Someone has to start. Garnacho has contributed more in 4 games than Rashford has this season despite Rashford starting every game and Garnacho being sat on the bench for most of them. Therefore, why wouldn't Garnacho be starting?

The person you should be telling to put your head down and earn the spot is Rashford given he's not had a shot on target this season despite starting every game.

If Garnacho gets a run of starts, and performs poorly over a 3-4 game period, it's time to swap him out and he'll have no right to complain.

We also need to start thinking medium-long term in our team selections too and stop stagnating the development of younger players in favour of starting players who are way past their best and declining by the second.

The best way to hinder the development of a fairly arrogant young player would be to give him an unwarranted start after a truly dreadful performance without too great a level of effort. Let him work and stay hungry. You'll notice Argentina doing the same thing with him.

The best way to hinder the development of a fairly arrogant young player would be to give him an unwarranted start after a truly dreadful performance without too great a level of effort. Let him work and stay hungry. You'll notice Argentina doing the same thing with him.
Again, everything you say applies to Rashford. Except Rashford puts less effort in and hasn't had a shot on target despite starting all 4 games.

If you want to make the argument neither Rashford or Garnacho deserve to start, fair enough I guess? But I'm not sure who you want starting instead.

There’s no reason he shouldn’t be starting tomorrow. He never should have been dropped against Liverpool, and his impressive cameo after coming on showed exactly why.

He should be starting along with Garnacho, simples.

Feck Rashford as I’m sick of him already.
It’s probably not going to happen . I’m sure ETH will use the Rashford has had a 2 week break and he’s looking fresh :rolleyes:

I like him as a player. Genuinely hope he kicks on and is good enough to be a regular feature in the team. Don't think he can start every week yet, needs to prove it with consistency first, games against the likes of Southampton are where he's going to be more effective.

Hope he gets a start tomorrow and puts in a good performance.

Again, everything you say applies to Rashford. Except Rashford puts less effort in and hasn't had a shot on target despite starting all 4 games.

If you want to make the argument neither Rashford or Garnacho deserve to start, fair enough I guess? But I'm not sure who you want starting instead.

Rashford is what he is at this point. Garnacho can still be moulded, absolutely I'm going to be hard on him when he's not doing the right things because that is clearly what he needs sometimes. Neither of them is exactly tearing up trees but Rashford did better than Garnacho last game and is the senior player. If you want to get him out the side, show it when you come off the bench, it's very simple.

Rashford is what he is at this point. Garnacho can still be moulded, absolutely I'm going to be hard on him when he's not doing the right things because that is clearly what he needs sometimes. Neither of them is exactly tearing up trees but Rashford did better than Garnacho last game and is the senior player. If you want to get him out the side, show it when you come off the bench, it's very simple.
Well, he scored against City off the bench, and assisted the winner against Fulham off the bench. And it still wasn't enough to get a start ahead of Rashford.

At least you're honest that the reason you want Rashford to start is seniority. This is not the way I want the squad to be managed, senior players on a steep decline who start every game with no motivation to actually perform because they're undroppable due to their place in the hierarchy.

Why exactly do you want Garnacho to be held accountable for his 1 bad performance against Liverpool, but you don't want Rashford to be held accountable for not scoring a single goal in pre-season or in 4 starts this season? What happens when Rashford goes another 4 games without a shot on target? Is he ever going to be held accountable for doing nothing?

Why don't we give Garnacho 4 starts on the bounce and see if he's able to manage a single shot on target, and then we'll have a fair comparison on who's actually more effective?

Well, he scored against City off the bench, and assisted the winner against Fulham off the bench. And it still wasn't enough to get a start ahead of Rashford.

At least you're honest that the reason you want Rashford to start is seniority. This is not the way I want the squad to be managed, senior players on a steep decline who start every game with no motivation to actually perform because they're undroppable due to their place in the hierarchy.

Why exactly do you want Garnacho to be held accountable for his 1 bad performance against Liverpool, but you don't want Rashford to be held accountable for not scoring a single goal in pre-season or in 4 starts this season? What happens when Rashford goes another 4 games without a shot on target? Is he ever going to be held accountable for doing nothing?

Why don't we give Garnacho 4 starts on the bounce and see if he's able to manage a single shot on target, and then we'll have a fair comparison on who's actually more effective?

Because I have hope that Garnacho can be more than he is and I don't think he will get there without having to work for it. The risk is he never becomes more than a 10 goal a season run of the mill wide man. I don't care about Rashford particularly, I don't think he's as bad as people say but it's clear he will never fulfil his potential.

Because I have hope that Garnacho can be more than he is and I don't think he will get there without having to work for it. The risk is he never becomes more than a 10 goal a season run of the mill wide man. I don't care about Rashford particularly, I don't think he's as bad as people say but it's clear he will never fulfil his potential.
I'd be very surprised if the way to turn Garnacho into a better player is to have him start 1 in 4 games, while he sits on the bench and watches Rashford start every game despite never registering a shot on target.

I'd be very surprised if the way to turn Garnacho into a better player is to have him start 1 in 4 games, while he sits on the bench and watches Rashford start every game despite never registering a shot on target.

But then you probably don't know very much about educating young people so it's not your fault.

There's a non zero chance Rashford has a must play if fit clause in his contract
Once and for all, I'd love to know if this is actually a thing; I mean I can't believe it actually would be, particularly as there has been the occasional game when Rashford hasn't started, despite being fit (I seem to remember that being the case in late 2023, but not sure of the date.)

It’s probably not going to happen . I’m sure ETH will use the Rashford has had a 2 week break and he’s looking fresh :rolleyes:

You're probably right and I do expect Eth to start Rashford after the international break. I didn't follow the England matches, but did Rashford get any minutes? You'd think the manager would wanna try something a bit new but hey, what do we know.

You're probably right and I do expect Eth to start Rashford after the international break. I didn't follow the England matches, but did Rashford get any minutes? You'd think the manager would wanna try something a bit new but hey, what do we know.

Don't think he's been selected for a while

He hasn’t been selected for a English squad since last March

Southampton 0:3 Man Utd New
Most passes of the entire front 6, 1 assist, 6 key passes. Up against a decent player in Walker-Peters too. He should be our first choice right winger, no question.

Brilliant display, looked like he had all the confidence in the world. What I like about him (aside from his ball control) is how positive he always looks, even when things don't go his way. Today he pretty much done everything right and was our most dangerous player.

If he can develop just a bit further and gets consistency, we have a fantastic player in our hands. Cudos to our scouting team.

Quality in the 1st, 2nd half his decision making got worse but technically he's so good and he seems to have gotten an extra burst of pace and showing explosiveness. Top talent. Took a while, but is showing why we spent so much on him.

Amad had a solid game overall. My only critique would be his predictability at times. The commentators pointed out how often he cuts inside onto his left foot, but I’d like to see him mix it up by taking the ball down the line occasionally. Other than that, a strong performance, and he definitely deserves to start the next game.

Antony should’ve sought the exit. He never plays ahead of Amad.

Looking forward to Hojlund’s return to see if we have a better player in the box to make more out of Amad’s creativity.