Gaming swooshboy's GTA Online thread featuring the RedCafe Crew

Which badge do you like the look of most (see post #13150)

• Option 1 (black text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 2 (white text + circle, transparent background)

• Option 3 (black text + circle, white background)

• Option 4 (white text + circle, black background)

• None of them

• Oh no

• Levo Smells

Results are only viewable after voting.
• Players now receive a bonus GTA$ multiplier for Missions when played at the higher difficulty levels (Normal = 1.25, Hard = 1.5).

Excellent.

And the cardboard has been removed from DTD.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/19/gta-o...race-and-removes-restricted-vehicles-4192886/

Sure any mission I ahve ever done has been on the harder setting so thats good to hear theres is a bonus in there for people.
Also pleased to see that cardboard being removed from DTD, still a relatively shit race though.

Modded the Bifta buggy thing you get, it's fecking immense. Like driving a go kart :lol:

• Players now receive a bonus GTA$ multiplier for Missions when played at the higher difficulty levels (Normal = 1.25, Hard = 1.5).

Excellent.

And the cardboard has been removed from DTD.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/19/gta-o...race-and-removes-restricted-vehicles-4192886/

Sounds like a good update - especially the cardboard!

In saying that, I did enjoy all the DtD races. The ones around the prison are entirely boring IMO, but the DtD ones had multiple opportunities for carnage, and no one ever got too far ahead.

There's some massive cock sockets online though isn't there. I went on last night and decided to leave the apartment on foot. I was only a minute from it when I could see two players come towards me on the map. One must have got out of the car and the other drove straight at me. They did it again as soon as I died but this time I dodged the car but the first guy shot me.

I got my revenge though killing both of them a good few times after that as they tried the same shit time after time.

Also I got my first bounty last night with my sniper rifle. It's my best weapon but I'd love the top scope as the range on the current one is pretty limited.
I don't think it increases the range that much, just makes it slightly easier to aim. The Heavy Sniper though... :drool:

Shot a Merryweather Helicopter (that was giving a lift to Makki) with it without even seeing the pilot, just pointing at the general direction where he should be. Poor Makki wasn't allowed to pilot the chopper though, so he burst in flames a few seconds later.

Big Daddy Boom might make an appearance tonight, after a brief sabbatical. Be warned though, I will be blowing shit up.
Good news for you:

There are some salient pieces of information at the foot of the mini-expansion however, namely:
• The Bad Sport penalty for destroying personal vehicles has been reduced significantly.
(So feel free to helicopter grappling hook players’ cars into the water to your heart’s content)

• The GTA$ and RP rewards for Races, Deathmatches and Parachuting are now based on the average time they take to complete

DTD might not be so appealing now compared with other races.

• Players now receive GTA$ and RP rewards when failing a cooperative Job or being a member of the losing team during a Versus Mission, depending on how long the Job / Mission lasts.

Fundamental IMO to get more people playing the awesomely fun PvP missions. It needs better pay still, but this is a good start.

• In Team Deathmatch, all players on a team now receive the same GTA$ and RP rewards, with the winning team getting roughly 4-5x what the losing team receives.

Good as well. I DM a lot, and unless you have the most kills or second most kills the pay is ludicrously low compared with other job types. Getting last on an 8-people race paid about as much as being 3rd or 4th in a 16-people DM.

I think some races now pay $1000 for a win. This will get increasingly hard for new players to get anywhere.

I wouldn't outright hate it if they were compensating in other jobs that people aren't as fond of (again, PvP missions really need some love, I think the crew island getaway we did once was the funniest and most hectic thing we ever did online - but it was a stupid 3k pay for about 20 minutes of hard work, and only for the winning team). But it seems they're just trying to limit money as much as they can probably to reinstate money packages in the near future and try to sell some of those to late-starters who want to catch up with other players.

Racing's definitely been nerfed. Just won a race on DTD with 2 others, got a measily $3330.

A shame we can't air strike them from inside the apartment. Getting out in a tank would have been fun though.

A shame we can't air strike them from inside the apartment. Getting out in a tank would have been fun though.
yeah that would be nice being in merryweather and a mugger and a bounty on top. Give me carnage sit back and watch :)

Anyone fancy loading a car in the back of a titan?
Shan't be on a for bit just yet but that sounds like excellent fun. Nick some muppets car up into a Titan drive it out and parachute to safety.

I wonder what the toughest place to get to is in the game, like maybe inside the military base. Drop someone's car there and see how they do getting it back? Would that work?

yeah that would be nice being in merryweather and a mugger and a bounty on top. Give me carnage sit back and watch :)

Shan't be on a for bit just yet but that sounds like excellent fun. Nick some muppets car up into a Titan drive it out and parachute to safety.
Enjoy. You punch the back of the Titan to open it, might save you a search, took me ages to figure out and figured it out by accident.

If that happens again we should try to do something about it if the rest of the guys are online. Send a rescue team or something.

I wonder what the toughest place to get to is in the game, like maybe inside the military base. Drop someone's car there and see how they do getting it back? Would that work?

Me & Swoosh tried it with varying results. I flew 1st with Swoosh in the back with his Bifta, worked until Swoosh tried to take a picture and fell out :lol: I landed the plane and then we swapped but by this time the plane wasn't in the best shape and blew up just as we were going to take off. Tried again and Swoosh flew with me in the back, struggled to keep the car from falling out and we blew up before we got out the city, didn't have time to try again as Ive come off to watch the football.

Besides being able to customise the bifta, I assume you can't just drive off-road up mountains etc like you can in the buggy? That's a deal breaker for me.

Me & Swoosh tried it with varying results. I flew 1st with Swoosh in the back with his Bifta, worked until Swoosh tried to take a picture and fell out :lol: I landed the plane and then we swapped but by this time the plane wasn't in the best shape and blew up just as we were going to take off. Tried again and Swoosh flew with me in the back, struggled to keep the car from falling out and we blew up before we got out the city, didn't have time to try again as Ive come off to watch the football.

I did manage to get the shot:

0_0.jpg

But whoever is in the car needs to keep reversing - otherwise you'll fly out. As soon as I took the pic my car exited!!

My car did float nicely down to the ground and I was able to drive away without a scratch though! :lol:

The second time might have been my bad - I thought I would dive for a bit and shake Levo up a bit in the back...although ended up exploding him :(

Was good fun though - lets try again after the football. Maybe we could get 2 cars in there...or maybe see how many bikes we can squeeze in!!

I did manage to get the shot:

0_0.jpg

But whoever is in the car needs to keep reversing - otherwise you'll fly out. As soon as I took the pic my car exited!!

My car did float nicely down to the ground and I was able to drive away without a scratch though! :lol:

The second time might have been my bad - I thought I would dive for a bit and shake Levo up a bit in the back...although ended up exploding him :(

Was good fun though - lets try again after the football. Maybe we could get 2 cars in there...or maybe see how many bikes we can squeeze in!!
Bed great if you could deploy your parachute whilst still on your bike. Then again how the feck would you control your landing.

Whoever flies the plane then really needs to make sure it's as smooth a ride as possible. No seriously climbing and turning needs to be smooth aswel to keep us all in for as long as possible. Then again someone trying barrel rolls would cause utter carnage which might be quite enjoyable :)